What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

They fritter away millions on the arts...some of it I think is just rubbish and wasteful, indulgent self-serving clap trap. All in the name of culture.

However, you don't see change.org petitions asking to stop these wankers getting payola out of my taxes.

Fitzy also sees RL benefitting from stadia rebuild and in his own sanctimonious fashion, has to wring his hands.

NSW the Petty Politics, Agendas & Vendetta State.

Remember this?

images

taipan

Referee
Fitzy,with the most arrogant punchable face on the planet.
New stadiums create hundreds of on site temp. jobs and dozens of new permanent jobs.Where was Fitzy when Perth spent over $1bn on their new stadium for a city 1/3 the size of Sydney?Or when tens of millions were spent and millions wasted on Blacktown for GWS and Spotless and the SCG al used by the fumblers?
Did not hear or see his concerns about $600m on Adelaide Oval expenditure?
Will he comment when hundreds of millions are spent on upgrading the Opera House used by few in this city?
Did he whinge about $500m spent by Labor on the Kurnell desalination plant,whichj is lying idle and has done so from day one ,costing hundreds of thousands per annum just to sit there, doing diddly squat?
Did he complain about huge grants given each year running into the hundreds of millions to elite wealthy private schools, one of which he attended and ditto yours truly?
All this monyue could also have been used on hospitals, and schools in need and junior sport.

Did this bandana wearing egotistical nonce ,(who pretends to be the hero of the downtrodden),who is famous for writing stories about the war and his love of France,ever write a story about Vichy and his code's flirtation with such an evil group to get rid of rugby league in France?

This is the same guy who with his spouse earns millions annually, so stuff tradespeople new and old given the opportunity to make a living on infrastructure,and appears oblivious to the fact the money spent on stadium is a one off for at least 25 years.It is a minor % of what will be expended on schools and hospitals over what would be 25 years.

Rest assured if union was top of the heap filling stadiums in this city, he would be missing in action on expenditure.

The only thing I would agree, the SFS needs refurbishing not rebuilding.
And as for Clover Moore complaining about money spent,she is the biggest waster of the public purse I have seen since I sucked my first gobful of oxygen from the nearest eucalyptus tree at Waverly Hospital.

ULYSSES

Juniors
I can't bring myself to read Hankie Heads article, however I do think the money for the stadiums would be better spent on establishing a insurance fund to cover all sport in NSW for junior sport. We have too many kids not participating because their families cannot afford the fees. Remove the insurance component from junior sport fees and it will be affordable for all. I would rather we produced healthy kids through participation than see unfit kids watching from padded seats.

I don't have issues with people questioning the spend on stadia.

I'd love to see ANZ redone properly etc blah blah blah.

I'd also like to see the money spent on amateur and junior sport, etc.

What I would like to see, is politicians, media folk and business people involved in the politicking and nest feathering for the different sites actually make their argument and have it clearly noted which side of the table, which agenda wheelbarrow they push, and what commercial interests and code links they also possess.

It's all well and good for Alan Jones, or Peter Fitz or Gillion McLachlan or Todd Greenburg or Russell Crowe or Frank Lowy, to have their say. But all their loyalties and links and vested interests should be highlighted to the public in any discussion.

It won't. But it should.

Fitzy,with the most arrogant punchable face on the planet.
New stadiums create hundreds of on site temp. jobs and dozens of new permanent jobs.Where was Fitzy when Perth spent over $1bn on their new stadium for a city 1/3 the size of Sydney?Or when tens of millions were spent and millions wasted on Blacktown for GWS and Spotless and the SCG al used by the fumblers?
Did not hear or see his concerns about $600m on Adelaide Oval expenditure?
Will he comment when hundreds of millions are spent on upgrading the Opera House used by few in this city?
Did he whinge about $500m spent by Labor on the Kurnell desalination plant,whichj is lying idle and has done so from day one ,costing hundreds of thousands per annum just to sit there, doing diddly squat?
Did he complain about huge grants given each year running into the hundreds of millions to elite wealthy private schools, one of which he attended and ditto yours truly?
All this monyue could also have been used on hospitals, and schools in need and junior sport.

Did this bandana wearing egotistical nonce ,(who pretends to be the hero of the downtrodden),who is famous for writing stories about the war and his love of France,ever write a story about Vichy and his code's flirtation with such an evil group to get rid of rugby league in France?

This is the same guy who with his spouse earns millions annually, so stuff tradespeople new and old given the opportunity to make a living on infrastructure,and appears oblivious to the fact the money spent on stadium is a one off for at least 25 years.It is a minor % of what will be expended on schools and hospitals over what would be 25 years.

Rest assured if union was top of the heap filling stadiums in this city, he would be missing in action on expenditure.

The only thing I would agree, the SFS needs refurbishing not rebuilding.
And as for Clover Moore complaining about money spent,she is the biggest waster of the public purse I have seen since I sucked my first gobful of oxygen from the nearest eucalyptus tree at Waverly Hospital.
He's not known for his intelligence that's for sure

no name

Coach
I have issues with the total spend and have to question whether SFS needs to be flattened and have a total rebuild, but when has any other stadium upgrade, in any state ever been questioned?
The code that gets the most benefit from these upgrades NRL...

and nobody ever even asked him too

he's luck the missus earns some coin or he'd be living on the street
They are always the most rabid anti RL types. The ones that are never considered.

Same with Ferrasse in France. His brother played RL and Albert was never looked at. He hated us until his dying breath as a consequence.

axl rose

Bench
Had a look at his twatter account for the laughs. I mean look at this garbage his re-twats. You couldn't make this shit up o_O

Keep it up, please! Economics aside, to me the knocking down of ANZ is an act cultural vandalism. The Sydney Olympics was a significant Australian historical event and the stadium its centrepiece. How disrespectful to Cathy Freeman & the other athletes.