What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: West Indies tour of New Zealand at Hamilton, Dec 9-13 2017

vvvrulz

Coach
It's almost show time.

Southee in for Henry.
Holder banned for slow over rates.

Logic suggests the Kiwi's have got this, but this is exactly the type of match the West Indies suddenly pull out of the bag.

Meth

Staff member
67/1. Latham out for 22.

How would you rate the big 4?

I'd go-

1- Smith
2- Kohli

And I'm wondering whether Root is ahead of Williamson, or vice versa?

Meth

Staff member
I'd say Williamson still ahead of Root at this stage

Meth

Staff member
Raval needs to press on here. He is typically vulnerable from this point on. Needs a 3 figure score to break that

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
67/1. Latham out for 22.

I'd go-

1- Smith
2- Kohli

I'd have Williamson ahead of Root atm.

Decent run rate from Kiwis, is Hamilton a big ground ?

Meth

Staff member
Williamson gone for 43; a little nick down legside, taken by the keeper. 152/2. Cummins has picked up both wickets so far.

Das Gupta

Juniors
67/1. Latham out for 22.

I'd go-

1- Smith
2- Kohli

Williamson ahead Root.
At he has scored 2 tons in Australia. Better 50 to 100 conversion rate too.

Meth

Staff member
Raval gone. 87- another squandered chance.

159/3

WI on top this session

vvvrulz

Coach
Gotta love The Great Man - 50 at a run a ball with four sixes.

There's a real Sehwag quality about him, goes out there and plays his game regardless.

Meth

Staff member
Pretty even day. We should get to 320 odd and hopefully we can knock them off for less than 200

Hutty1986

Immortal
Raval loves a half-century doesn't he. Hope he cracks the hungey soon, looks a handy batsman

JJ

Immortal
Overseas, and woke up disappointed to see that. That's a distinctly NZ (and currently English) looking scorecard. Lots of starts and no big score. Windies will be happy - Williamson less so - although our attack is much better that theirs.

Williamson due, and Raval doing really well, unless the media keep talking about the 100 thing - it can become mental - many very good test cricketers have taken a while to get the first 100 - Coney is one, Richardson long had a battle to convert to 100s, and the likes of Fleming, Slater and others had lots of big 50s - not to mention the great Steve Waugh who battled for years

Iafeta

Referee
West Indies let themselves down twice. Early on Gabriel kept floating up loopy half volleys with a brand new pill. Then Roston Chase was kept on while CDG went to town on him. Yes, undoubtedly CDG is an unmerciful champion of epic proportions, but they totally took the foot off the throat. They should have rolled NZ for 180 frankly.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
West Indies let themselves down twice. Early on Gabriel kept floating up loopy half volleys with a brand new pill. Then Roston Chase was kept on while CDG went to town on him. Yes, undoubtedly CDG is an unmerciful champion of epic proportions, but they totally took the foot off the throat. They should have rolled NZ for 180 frankly.

CDG has long levers. Roston Chase's bowling doesn't have all the toys to play with.

Latest posts