What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Crush

Coach
Regardless of what people may think, l have no personal vendetta towards

McGregor....... he is probably a nice guy, comes from a good family, played for the Steelers, NSW & Australia.

I just don’t think he should be allowed to continue in a job that has proven to be out of his reach.

Keep in mind, we are paying squillions of dollars for all our professional playing staff each year, yet, we continue to allow a novice to coach them.

It simply doesn’t make sense.

McGregor has not just had one underperforming season, he now has an ongoing track record for underachieving.

That is not good enough for our famous club.

I wish him well in his future endeavours, but just not with our club, as our coach.

No one needs this aggravation.
OKB, happy with all that.
I made my post in rejection to people talking about lynching and drowning people. As I said, I think its going too far.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
OKB, happy with all that.
I made my post in rejection to people talking about lynching and drowning people. As I said, I think its going too far.

All good Crush.
It certainly wasn’t directed towards you or anyone in particular, mate.
I’m often on this thread hamming it up about sacking McGreggor so l thought it best l clarify my position.
Cheers,
OKB1

jak

Bench
The list of people below McGregor for coaching ability would be much shorter than the people above him in ability coaching wise personally J D Will do me .also I think Michael Potter would be an improvement
I agree with you on paper,but as you would know both have been in our system and left and we really don't know the reason why.

BennyV

Referee
it's easy to say sack mary and then you replace him with???
The list is endless, but of course there is one obvious candidate with more brain cells and original ideas than Mary...THIS INANIMATE CARBON ROD!!!
latest

image.jpg

jak

Bench
The list is endless, but of course there is one obvious candidate with more brain cells and original ideas than Mary...THIS INANIMATE CARBON ROD!!!
latest

image.jpg
great answer problem solved then, we have a new coach.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I agree with you on paper,but as you would know both have been in our system and left and we really don't know the reason why.
Michael Potter one of my old favorites Camden boy .very well spoken Michael and respected everywhere he went .whatever happens I wish him all the best

Overseas dragon

Juniors
That's a good article pity they didn't say a new coach is needed to make us number 1 .it would take an extremely poor coach for this team to not feature at the point end of the season.thats a problem because these idiots might then extend SUPER COACH for another few years.when will this nightmare end .FREDDY MERCURY would be proud.a nightmare on crown street.

Last edited:
That's a good article pity they didn't say a new coach is needed to make us number 1 .it would take an extremely poor coach for this team to not feature at the point end of the season.thats a problem because these idiots might then extend SUPER COACH for another few years.when will this nightmare end .FREDDY MERCURY would be proud.a nightmare on crown street.
McGregor is more than capable of stuffing 2018 up.
We have certainly upgraded our roster but then so have most of the other clubs.
What makes Melbourne, Cowboys, Broncos, Cronulla, Easts and Parramatta stand apart from the others is the coach.
That is the ingredient that binds these teams together on and off the field.
McGregor cannot provide any of that.

71saintsimon

Juniors
What makes Melbourne, Cowboys, Broncos, Cronulla, Easts and Parramatta stand apart from the others is the coach.
Exactly right , saints can sign the Australia team but nothing wil change under that coaches poor leadership his a terrible coach took over in mid 2014 and been nothing but a adverse failure the lowest points that stand out in my mind are his continued picking of players that don't perform his unbelievably good at turning good players into battering rams the try scoring issues especially 2016 and why on earth was he resigned after the Anzac Day game against the chickens in April the team only managed four wins against poor opposition

Crush

Coach
Yeah Brad Arthur is amazing.
2014 10th
2015 12th
2016 14th
2017 4th
Thats some record. So what makes Parra stand apart from the others is the coach? You sure it wasn't that their roster was better in 2017?

LINESPEED

Juniors
The only thing we know with certainty with the current head coach is that we will not win a premiership. To top it off, it seems the board don't care and don't know how to take the club forward. Sack em all.
The mark of a great coach can be measured in many ways, but getting a team up to win pressure games is a major one - one that Mary continually fails.
Notice we win games we often aren't expected to win - ie no pressure.
The loss to the Bulldogs in the final round should've been followed by the termination of Mary's contract - end of story!
He cannot instil or inspire confidence & he never will.

Yeah Brad Arthur is amazing.
2014 10th
2015 12th
2016 14th
2017 4th
Thats some record. So what makes Parra stand apart from the others is the coach? You sure it wasn't that their roster was better in 2017?
If you really want to make comparisons then you have to take into account the mess he walked into and how he systematically turned things around to the point where he finished 4th in 2017.
It is interesting to note that Arthur presided over a period in the club's history where the Parramatta Board was overthrown and the club was in complete turmoil.
McGregor on the other hand was given a red carpet, walk up start as head coach with a roster which was pretty good to start with.
11th and an embarrassing "slide out the back door" 9th don't really stack up to what Arthur has built and achieved at Parramatta after he inherited a total basket case.
The real question you should be asking is where would we be today if we had Brad Arthur as our coach?
I guarantee you we would have enjoyed a lot more success than we have endured with McGregor.
No comparison at all.
Arthur is in the top 4-5 coaches in the comp. and our bloke is in the bottom 3.
Chalk and cheese.

Drag Queen

Bench
If you really want to make comparisons then you have to take into account the mess he walked into and how he systematically turned things around to the point where he finished 4th in 2017.
It is interesting to note that Arthur presided over a period in the club's history where the Parramatta Board was overthrown and the club was in complete turmoil.
McGregor on the other hand was given a red carpet, walk up start as head coach with a roster which was pretty good to start with.
11th and an embarrassing "slide out the back door" 9th don't really stack up to what Arthur has built and achieved at Parramatta after he inherited a total basket case.
The real question you should be asking is where would we be today if we had Brad Arthur as our coach?
I guarantee you we would have enjoyed a lot more success than we have endured with McGregor.
No comparison at all.
Chalk and cheese.
Spot on Dennis. BA has been building nicely on what was once a bloody trainwreck.

Crush

Coach
No comparison at all.
Chalk and cheese.
He "systematically" turned things around. 10th/12th/14th/4th. Explain the system? Gradually get worse for 3 years then jump up to top 4? Nice system!

Latest posts