What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
I've sat at the SFS, stood on the hills of Kogarah, Campbelltown and Leichhardt all in the pissing down rain.
After a while you don't even notice. Apart from my beer getting a bit watery.

So have I mate.. I was at the Cumberland Oval game when the infamous photo of Paul Taylor was taken. Stood in the rain all afternoon as a 15 y.o.
Fans these days are soft cocks.
Support my teams rain, hail or shine.

T.S Quint

Coach
So have I mate.. I was at the Cumberland Oval game when the infamous photo of Paul Taylor was taken. Stood in the rain all afternoon as a 15 y.o.

I may not sit on the hill if it's hailing though.

forward pass

Coach

Yeah I was at that game too. Never forget it. My brother and I sat on one of those raised wooden seating deathtraps and it did not stop pissing down.

I do recall a penalty try being awarded to the Roosters and me wondering what the f**k was going on because I had never seen or heard of one before. I also recall we lost.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm a bit a cynic and reckon that this petition thing has a lot to do with raising his own profile.
I'm a bit a cynic and reckon that this petition thing has a lot to do with raising his own profile.

It probably is.
Fitzsimons may be a complete tool, but he's not a moron. He could easily look at the data and see that the money being spent on these stadiums is a drop in the ocean compared to what will get spent on schools and hospitals over the next 5 years.
He wants to be seen as a champion of the people, and it works for everyone who doesn't like sports (of which there are an awful lot of in NSW).

Gronk

Staff member
It probably is.
Fitzsimons may be a complete tool, but he's not a moron. He could easily look at the data and see that the money being spent on these stadiums is a drop in the ocean compared to what will get spent on schools and hospitals over the next 5 years.
He wants to be seen as a champion of the people, and it works for everyone who doesn't like sports (of which there are an awful lot of in NSW).

Which is why I have said previously on the Stadia thing that if we are broke then fine, spend it on schools etc. But dont whinge about the stadia if you are going to remain silent on the squillion to be spent on the Opera House and Art Gallery (which is going to triple in size).

8616322-3x2-700x467.jpg

Kornstar

Coach
If anyone needs a roof on their stadium it's the Buffalo Bills.

From the weekend ...

DQtw6WDUIAEHUC1.jpg

They were playing the Colts (who i support and will be there on Thursday night Football this week at Lucas Oil Stadium) so i got up at 5am to watch it. It was insane and of course we lost in OT........

Kornstar

Coach

I am a bit young for that but i remember being at a game when i was young on the Southern hill (before it became the alcohol free hill) where you couldn't even see the game through the driving rain. Sterling kicked a field goal during it, we didn't see it but the stat sheet and ref said he did. I just sat there in the rain.

No amount of rain has ever stopped me from going to a game.

Gronk

Staff member

I reckon I might have been there too.

Yeah I was at that game too. Never forget it. My brother and I sat on one of those raised wooden seating deathtraps and it did not stop pissing down.

I do recall a penalty try being awarded to the Roosters and me wondering what the f**k was going on because I had never seen or heard of one before. I also recall we lost.

I was there sitting on those wooden death traps in the north east corner. When the penalty try was awarded to Rocky Laurie the rooster supporter in front of me jumped up and down so much that the planks broke and he fell through. Even though Parra lost one of my most memorable days at the footy.
What about the try Sterling scored when he just kept kicking it ahead and the roosters players kept diving over the top of the ball

Suitman

Post Whore
How TF do you merkins remember games with fine detail ? I must have destroyed all those brain cells in my 20's.

Lol. So true. I was there, and my only memories of the game are the team walking off the field (I stood on the asphalt in front of the old grandstand) and the fact it was an incredibly dark, misty, cold afternoon with constant light rain. It was very Northern England like.

strider

Post Whore
Which is why I have said previously on the Stadia thing that if we are broke then fine, spend it on schools etc. But dont whinge about the stadia if you are going to remain silent on the squillion to be spent on the Opera House and Art Gallery (which is going to triple in size).

8616322-3x2-700x467.jpg
f**k the artsy fartsy merkins eyes too

What is that a picture of? Art gallery?