What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 spine

Old Timer

Coach
What's the alternative with these speedsters OT? I have an alternative idea, which is to teach them to get over their fear and get their bodies in shape without looking like muscles on bone. Prime examples would be Slater and Widdop.
All this bulking up talk is madness in my book.
Lots of smallish players bodies develop over time and they learn to adapt naturally Slater a perfect example as was Barba.
Making them put on bulk must ultimately affect their natural athleticism of which Dugan is a perfect example.
Once upon a time the small players had minders looking after them especially in the defence side of things although with FB that is more difficult.
Anyway we will find out soon enough but I live in fear that these young speedsters might get overworked in the gym and their natural ability which is what got them to this point could be forsaken.

blacksafake

First Grade
Steve Gearin taught me how to swim in primary school! Great teacher. Nice guy.
Greg Cox told me a story years ago about when he was out for dinner with Steve & their wives a young fan came over & asked Steve for an autograph.Steve then abused the young fella for asking him while he was on his personal time.Greg told him to pull his head in etc & then signed an autograph for the boy.The boys mother let her feelings know as well.
True story LG.

possm

Coach
Greg Cox told me a story years ago about when he was out for dinner with Steve & their wives a young fan came over & asked Steve for an autograph.Steve then abused the young fella for asking him while he was on his personal time.Greg told him to pull his head in etc & then signed an autograph for the boy.The boys mother let her feelings know as well.
True story LG.
Speed
Fullback: Dufty, Lomax, Field, Masters.
Left Wing: Mann, Macdonald, Garrick, Herbert
Left Centre: Lafai, Mann, Lomax, Garrick, Herbert.
Right Centre: Aitken, Lafai, Mann, Lomax
Right Wing: Pereira, Lomax, Masters, Herbert.

Life's Good

Coach
True story LG.

Well there you go. Seems like ego can overtake even the humblest of people.

nontime111

Juniors
yeah you have no idea what mood he was in, how the lad approached, what he even did that constitutes 'abuse'

blacksafake

First Grade
I knew Greg well at that stage so I’m prepared to believe him.The boy apparently approached Steve in a shy way,As for his mood who knows.

denis preston

First Grade
True story LG.
It wasn't one of Eric Groths kids ? Gearin probably still pissed with memories of Eric seniors face palm on him to score in the corner and put us out of the GF !

Latest posts