What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will succeed Billy Slater as No. 1 full back?

Who will succeed Billy Slater as world's No 1 full back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The voting has Roosters new buy Jimmy Tedesco in a clear lead. But second place is neck and neck between Tommy Turbo and the nippy and elusive French flyer Morgane Escare.

Nobody in the world thinks that Wayne Bennett's surrogate son Darius Boyd will ever reach the heights of Billy Slater. Greg Inglis has approached the heights of Slater but has never quite reached them.

Notwithstanding the outstanding support going for Tommy Turbo and Morgan Escare, this voting contest is Teddy's (James Tedesco's) to lose.

mxlegend99

Referee
Darius Boyd is too old to become No 1. He has had his chance.

It is the young guns who will take over, like Morgan Escare.
You do realise Greg Inglis is even older than Boyd and is busted now. He needs to lose 15kg to ever be the player he used to be

Throw in a few guys who couldnt crack a reserve grade side in Australia and others who wont play fullback... that leaves about 3 legitimate options on this list.

A glimpse of contender Morgan Escare playing for Catalans, before his move Wigan:

A focus on one try:

Last edited:

The_Shield

Juniors
The voting has Roosters new buy Jimmy Tedesco in a clear lead. But second place is neck and neck between Tommy Turbo and the nippy and elusive French flyer Morgane Escare.
The voting is flawed. For example I haven’t voted because you completely ignored the man who will replace Billy Slater, Cameron Munster

The voting is flawed. For example I haven’t voted because you completely ignored the man who will replace Billy Slater, Cameron Munster

Munster has not been determined to be the replacement for Billy Slater. Munster is just as likely to be five eighth. The Storm has a young Dutch heritage player, Ryan Papenhuyzen, ear marked for Storm full back. I hope so because The Netherlands needs him for future World Cup teams.

The_Shield

Juniors
Munster has not been determined to be the replacement for Billy Slater. Munster is just as likely to be five eighth. The Storm has a young Dutch heritage player, Ryan Papenhuyzen, ear marked for Storm full back. I hope so because The Netherlands needs him for future World Cup teams.
No. The Storm fullback after Billy will be either Munster or Jahrome Hughes. Munster wants to be fullback

Latest posts