What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Ashes Test: Australia v England at Perth, Dec 14-18 2017

Rabbits20

Immortal
Holy f**k what an over.
You guys deserved the luck...

Playing with positivity and the right attitude and a good scoring rate and those little things go your way and the tide changes.....

An early wicket tomorrow and England may be bowled out for 400 but I see England getting close to that 450 mark.....

Then you never know...... get a couple of wickets early and the pressure all goes onto Smith..... we do not want to find ourselves 3/130 or 4/180 in reply to 450 and having to rely on the Darsh'............

blaza88z

Coach
if England get 400+, it would be incredibly difficult for them to lose, a draw would be best case scenario for us, I know they have lost before but that was against a stacked side with Warne, McGrath, Hayden, Ponting etc..

This is a side with the 2 Marsh brothers holding up the middle order

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol Joe Root....comes out here as the gun bat, sits and watches while Stoneman and Typo score the runs
Root still has 2 fifty' in 5 innings and if England can snag this test I'd pencil Root in for a century for Boxing Day Test...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
nice to see a fight from the poms so at least now we can have a game on our hands, wonder how long the fight will last tho

last time we both made over 500 in the first innings we bowled them out for f**k all in the second innings and won

TheParraboy

Staff member
nice to see a fight from the poms so at least now we can have a game on our hands, wonder how long the fight will last tho

last time we both made over 500 in the first innings we bowled them out for f**k all in the second innings and won

And we have a far superior side this time around to do that again

All hail Marsh and Marsh

JJ

Immortal
So... Mitch marsh comes in, drops a sitter, and bowled a handful of military medium overs. For his sake I hope he's learned how to bat at test level. Poor Handscum must feel bad being dropped for the very definition of an unproven plodder.
meh, they are both shit tbh - all Handscomb has done recently is talk shit - no idea how he score runs last year

Incorrect

Coach
ginger.jpg
I prefer Dickens Cider....

JJ

Immortal
JJ out and about, either the bullies from Australia must be struggling or there's no tennis on.

Interestingly didn't see him in the 1st and 2nd test threads.

I'm in Europe, so posting intermittently - glad you miseed me - but if you look harder you'll find me posting in the first to tests - had some nice things to say about Steve Smith as I recall - but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Meth

Staff member
meh, they are both shit tbh - all Handscomb has done recently is talk shit - no idea how he score runs last year

He started meteorically, but he hasn't performed badly as such since. The first and second Tests are probably the first time he hasn't managed to post decent scores. Well, I suppose the series in India earlier in the year were a failure overall.

He's out of the team because the selectors were obviously desperate to get Mitchell Marsh back in- or, less cynically, for a 5th bowling option that wasn't Smith.

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts