What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

runrabbitrun

Juniors
Agree with you but there are slight differences. No one left Blacktown to follow Pat as he didnt have a job. They left to go to various other clubs because they hated the people remaining (which are who the Asquith players will be with). The players leaving Asquith are following Simon which is fine, but you would have to wonder how many will make the ISP set up he is in anyway. I would guess none.
Pat assured me they have over 30 contracts done. That alone with Norths 20s and ISP players means they are in a good position considering a month ago they had no players signed. Players swap from club to club and follow coaches and that's great. I don't know why Asquith are a talking point. No doubt players will leave Wenty to follow their coach to Cabra too. It happens. It's footy.

The 20s players will be the 2nd tier/fringe, and most won't consistently be up to RMC physically, so should fill the SS squad up somewhat.

rightleftin

Juniors
No doubt some of the Norths U/20's will play SS but Asquith are also fielding an u/20 team in the Manly comp and many of the Norths players will be in this side.

rightleftin

Juniors
I thought that was an U19 team.

Definitely u/20, Asquith announced Daniel Hutton as coach. It is not actually a Manly comp, there were about 7 districts playing in 2 divisions of the combined comp u/19's this season but the age groups have been changed, so Ryde Eastwood (combining all the Balmain clubs) ran 2 u/19's this year are entering u/20 and u/18 in 2018. In Parramatta they introduced an u/23 grade.

rightleftin

Juniors
Kato Ottio has moved from Mounties to Widnes and Mounties captain, Glenn Buttriss will be captain coach of Cootamundra.

runrabbitrun

Juniors
Definitely u/20, Asquith announced Daniel Hutton as coach. It is not actually a Manly comp, there were about 7 districts playing in 2 divisions of the combined comp u/19's this season but the age groups have been changed, so Ryde Eastwood (combining all the Balmain clubs) ran 2 u/19's this year are entering u/20 and u/18 in 2018. In Parramatta they introduced an u/23 grade.

Ok thanks for the clarification.

rightleftin

Juniors
Asquith have named another 4 members of their squad:

Josh Fraser and Jake Attard, who both started 2017 with Blacktown but finished with Hills.
Riley Travers, who played 4 games for CBGW, and
Michael Pearsall, who returns to the club after 2 seasons in Qld

Mounties have resigned: Yileen Gordan, Sam Duggan, Maurice Kennedy, John Kennedy, Mitch Kennedy, Kurt Robinson, Alofi Mataele and have signed Ed Murphy from North Sydney.

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
ATT: NORTH SYDNEY BEARS (& CABRAMATTA & BALMAIN)

There will be trial matches for four grades this Saturday 16th December. They are at two different venues.

T.G. Milner Field 146 Vimiera Road, Marsfield
9:30 am: Harold Matthews Cup
North Sydney vs Balmain

11:00 am: S.G. Ball Cup
North Sydney vs Balmain

New Era Stadium, 24 Sussex Street, Cabramatta
6:00 pm: Cabramatta Ron Massey Cup & Sydney Sheild vs North Sydney Intrust Super & Jersey Flegg Cup

For Bears fans there are details on later trials also at http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/...north-sydney-bears-trial-four-grades-weekend/

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nope. ISP due Monday, RMC and Shield early next year. Not sure on the junior reps or Flegg, would like to think they're this side of Christmas.

RMC and Shield won't kick off til April and are only 18 Rounds next year.

For Shield, there are three team changes I'm aware of - Mounties and Wests are out with Penrith Brothers coming in - 11 team comp. Not sure on RMC yet but I am fairly sure Asquith and Penrith Brothers are added to who's there. Not sure on Auburn.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Nope. ISP due Monday, RMC and Shield early next year. Not sure on the junior reps or Flegg, would like to think they're this side of Christmas.

For Shield, there are three team changes I'm aware of - Mounties and Wests are out with Penrith Brothers coming in - 11 team comp. Not sure on RMC yet but I am fairly sure Asquith and Penrith Brothers are added to who's there. Not sure on Auburn.
Ok thanks mate

rightleftin

Juniors

I presume that this means that Mounties have a team in Flegg.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I believe so although it may be Raiders branded? Not sure

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
They may not have the same brand eg it is Wests Magpies in ISP but Wests Tigers in 20's.
That'll piss off a lot of Souths fans then. They'll be asking if one FG side can have the same name as their JF side then why are ours now the Bears JF and not the Souths JF?

To me it makes more sense to align the naming between ISP and JF given theyre both now under NSWRL, not NRL and NSWRL.

Reactions: siv

rightleftin

Juniors
That'll piss off a lot of Souths fans then. They'll be asking if one FG side can have the same name as their JF side then why are ours now the Bears JF and not the Souths JF?

To me it makes more sense to align the naming between ISP and JF given theyre both now under NSWRL, not NRL and NSWRL.

I agree

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
Does anybody have info on player movements (or staying where they are) for the following players?

Jok Dokinavalu
Tom/Thomas Freebairn
Jamal/Jamel Hunt
Obed Kharwin
FJ/Fred Junior Mauala
Jacob McCudden
Tom Perrin
Latrell Robinson
Latrell Schaumkel
Patrice Siolo
Clay Williams

Status