What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightleftin

Juniors
that would be interesting but I doubt it. Wyong do not have an U20s team Roosters do.
I think Parra have an U20s team but Wenty do not.

I was trying to establish a rationale for Mounties leaving SS where they have been a powerhouse and the only thing I could come up with is that they are financing a Flegg team instead.

rightleftin

Juniors
I have heard Latrell Robinson was at Newtown, reasonable source but not confirmed

That seems reasonable, given that he mainly played with CBGW last season and many of the CBGW guys are training with Newtown over summer, just as the Cabra guys did when Cabra was the Newtown feeder team.

kbw

Bench
I thought he was stull in the Norths system, but I guess there was the relationship with CB and Norths.

On the other point I must have missed the point about Mounties not wanting to run a SS.
Getting old :) .

I am interested to see how many NRL continue with their 20s and how many offload

rightleftin

Juniors
Asquith has posted some photos of a gym session today and it appears that they have signed Matt Place who started 2017 with Blacktown and finished with St Marys as well as Jake Samoa, another player from Blacktown.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hearing now the Flegg and 3 x Junior Rep draws are likely next week too. RMC and Shield remain next year but both start later anyway.

rightleftin

Juniors
North Sydney beat Cabramatta 8 tries to 1. Not many players in either side would have been RMC standard. I could only identify 3 players playing from Cabra's RMC/SS sides in 2017 - Tom Harris, Kisi Tualani and Rayne Hourigan. Ben Whitehouse has moved over from Mounties with the demise of their SS team and Cameron Davis from Blacktown also played. It is 15 years since I have seen as much dropped ball as Cabra today. I suspect that a lot these players will end up in Cabra's U/23 side in the Parramatta Junior League.

Keiran Wyld from Blacktown SS played in the Norths team. Pat Weisner was in attendance to see if any of these guys might fit into the Asquith side.

Last edited:

kbw

Bench
It was a strange outing yesterday at Cabra..
The Bears were def much better, but there was no one really at ISP level for them. It seemed to be a RM/SS mix but they don't have those teams. I do remember last year they had signed a couple of players that were quite terrible. (and they never played ISP) and very lucky to get any game time with CBW.
CAbra where disappointing so much dropped ball

imgunawin72

Juniors
Cabra only signed 8 blokes from last years massey n shield squads. Most of the new blokes were brought in by the new coach for 2018.
They will definitely be better after a few more hit outs in the new year :sunglasses:

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
It was the Bears JF side playing too so whether or not that impacted on performance. Also i get the feeling it wouldve been the summer squad so perhaps a lot of already confirmed players werent playing and the game was more about sussing out who they're uncertain of and whether they'll be picked or offered a spot in Asquith rather than Bears ISP.

rightleftin

Juniors
It was the Bears JF side playing too so whether or not that impacted on performance. Also i get the feeling it wouldve been the summer squad so perhaps a lot of already confirmed players werent playing and the game was more about sussing out wh
o they're uncertain of and whether they'll be picked or offered a spot in Asquith rather than Bears ISP.

There is no doubt that this game would have been used by Norths to give trialists a chance put forward a case for inclusion in the squad but unless Cabramatta applied the same approach, resting all the established players, they are going to have a horror season.

kbw

Bench
Absolutely there were a few out of the Cabra teams.
Also some players are much better than they showed on the weekend. Some of the drop ball was from unexpected players.
But if they can't fix it the forwards will wear Sam Burgess masks and get a penalty every time they drop it :)

I was impressed with Keiren Wilde, I think he is stull u20s isn't he ?
The other Keiren from Bulldogs and Moorebank SS went ok too

rightleftin

Juniors
Absolutely there were a few out of the Cabra teams.
Also some players are much better than they showed on the weekend. Some of the drop ball was from unexpected players.
But if they can't fix it the forwards will wear Sam Burgess masks and get a penalty every time they drop it :)

I was impressed with Keiren Wilde, I think he is stull u20s isn't he ?
The other Keiren from Bulldogs and Moorebank SS went ok too

Your right Wylde is under 20. Was Keiran Hayman playing for Norths?

MountainMan

Juniors
Former Blacktown RMC player Saia Tanginoa currently playing in the French Elite 1 competition with SO Avignon.
Cabramatta half Nesiasi Mataitonga playing for Albi Tigers.
Wests Magpies forward Andrew Fiagatusa and Campbelltown Eagle Ronny Palumbo both playing for Toulouse Olympique .

rightleftin

Juniors
A few more signings by Asquith:

Sione Masima (Blacktown Workers) and Niko Apelu (Hills) while Vinny Ngaro and Shae Jarvis have been retained.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sounds like the NRL and broadcasters are making life difficult. Likely tomorrow for the ISP draw now.

rightleftin

Juniors
Blacktown Workers have signed John Folau from Parrmatta as well as another ex Eel Vai Toutai and Jacob Loko from group 6 club Thirlmere.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Laughable. Oh well, not much they can do about it. Only one game broadcast a week, shouldn't, in theory, be too hard to organise it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.