What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
A long time solution to a short term problem.
Who knows what stirs up the black dog but I do know its not always the big issues. With reference to Petes comments. Whilst I agree that internet forums are an outlet, they can also become problematic.
Whether face to face or in text there is always a case to think first. Little things add up.

emjaycee

Coach
This might be a little morbid as a "stuff" topic but can I just say this...

I have just resurfaced from Monday having found out my best mate, the "life of the party" and mad Tigers fan (can't hold that against him) took his life on Monday night for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Clearly it was planned as he wrote a note which I haven't seen yet.

Listen to me on this.. If ANY of you blokes, any of you coming up to Christmas and the New Year break are struggling for whatever reason. f**king talk to someone! This amazing bloke was the last guy you would guess to do such a thing.

Look after each other and SPEAK UP if you need some help. "Sorry, but not sorry" to bring this up, it it helps 1 person than job done.

Take care over the coming weeks.

Sorry to hear Stevie.
Look after yourself and I hope the family get some understanding in due time.

Avenger

Immortal
You are a good man Stevie. Sorry for your loss.

I had a mate that went to the dark side and started hanging out with wise guys and took his own life about 10 years ago whilst I was living and working in Perth.

He was a champion junior tennis player and used to beat Tood Woodbridge in tournaments. It shocked me but didn’t surprise me as he was very erratic prior to his death. I actually told a mutual friend that Inhad a feeling that it wouldn’t end well with our mate. For once I hoped I was wrong.

El Diablo

Post Whore
305187-wayne-bennett-and-john-grant.jpg

T.S Quint

Coach
Broncos are still short a half, aren't they?
Let go of Hunt and Benji, and missed out on signing Ash Taylor.

Might make sense for Nikorima to go there. Unless I've forgotten someone.

T.S Quint

Coach
I love how that article says that the Roosters "decided not to retain Kane Evans".

Yet when an Eels player signs with someone else it's "OMG, the Eels have lost another one! Let us now list every f**king player that has played even a second for the Eels to make them look more incompetent".

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont rate Brisbanes squad..... Its solid but not as good as some think. Unless a juniour pops up out of the woods.
Milford is erratic. Thaidays old. Boyds great but best footies past him.
Bird is there shining light.

Glenneel

Bench
So Roosters making a play for Crighton, reportably $1m a year. It beggars belief they have room in their sombrero whereas Parra, without any real big name players, have almost spent their cap but only picked up Evans and Williams, between them they should be paid $500k or less, and Hayne at $500k.

Wtf!

Are we overpaying our other players big time? Not one player in our squad is paid more then $1m yet Roosters have a plethora.

Even Nikorima was on $350k for a young rookie half so would have to think rest of Rooster's players are well paid. Their dollars stre..............................tch mush further than Bronco's dollars apparently.

Seriously there needs to be an investigation into TPAs and if the other 14 club bosses don't demand it they have rocks in their heads.

Seriously there needs to be an investigation into TPAs and if the other 14 club bosses don't demand it they have rocks in their heads.

What exactly do you propose that they investigate, that is not already investigated as part of their salary cap audits? How do you propose that they find evidence of absolutely undisclosed and unrecorded deals in the absence of a whistleblower? It's really easy to say 'I demand an investigation into TPAs'.....what does that mean?

For the record, the Roosters have let the following players go for 2018 (including mid-2017 releases): Carter, Pearce, SKD, Connor Watson, Aiden Guerra, Evans, Michael Gordon, Nikorima, and Liam Knight. That list includes 7 top 17 players, 2 of whom are current Origin players. On the way in they have Tedesco and Cronk, Reece Robinson and some lower grade players.

Last edited:

Latest posts