What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

SEAT 1A

Bench
Hi Guys and Girls.

Thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. My name is George, I'm a 35 year Dragons fan and long time reader of these forums. Thought I best bite the bullet and join up and discuss the mighty Saints with some like minded folks.

I'm Aussie born but UK based these days (left after we won the Premiership so in my eyes we're still champs) and miss my Dragons very much so bring on the bants!

Looking forward to chatting with you all

Welcome George.

Keep the flag flying in old Blighty and enjoy yourself, it's a cracker.

Interested to know, do you have a local team. Are you a casual supporter or over time, feel the same way as the Saints.

Old Timer

Coach
A colonial in the old county keep your head down and don’t mention the rugby
I was there in 99 when we lost to the Storm so your welcome to the place
Welcome on board and hopefully it’s not too long before we win a comp and then they come over to you for the world club challenge

Hi Guys and Girls.

Thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. My name is George, I'm a 35 year Dragons fan and long time reader of these forums. Thought I best bite the bullet and join up and discuss the mighty Saints with some like minded folks.

I'm Aussie born but UK based these days (left after we won the Premiership so in my eyes we're still champs) and miss my Dragons very much so bring on the bants!

Nice one mate.

Fire up!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and girls, looking forward to posting loads.
I appreciate the house rules and warnings but been reading these forums for fears so already have a good idea who not to pick a fight with lol

For what it's worth, I have a underlining excitement for 2018, one of the best Forward packs and halves combos we've had in a very long time :)

Welcome George.

Keep the flag flying in old Blighty and enjoy yourself, it's a cracker.

Interested to know, do you have a local team. Are you a casual supporter or over time, feel the same way as the Saints.

Yeh, it is a cracker but the back of quality footy is a real downer lol

I'm a very passionate Saints fan from way back and try to watch as many games as I can over here, so hard being vocal from so far away.

I don't really have a team over here. I tried to get into the soccer but it bored me to tears, then I tried to back the London Broncos, but found it very hard to cheer on a team with any sort of passion that are called Broncos and looked like Cronulla. Also, to build up a 'love' for a team is very hard, esp in comparison to a team like Saints who I've sat on the Kogarah Hill watching since I was born.

But in saying that, I do have to admit that living away from the NRL has made me a huge fan of the game as a whole, esp the international game. I went to see Saints in the WCC 2015, and went along to the other games too and also seen Aus play in the World Cup and Four Nations and it's really made me a lover of the game as a whole, which is nice :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't really have a team over here.
There's something to said for watching Rugby League in England. I've been to a couple of games up north (Huddersfield and Hull KR), it was quite different to watching it here in Australia - but definitely a great day out on both occasions. For an Australian, it put a whole new emphasis on it being a winter sport. lol

Last year I was lucky enough to go the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley. There were about 2000 fans at the Green Man pub beforehand. They were drinking, singing and incredibly well behaved, Then, to the ground and to see a 60,000+ crowd of Rugby League supporters in soccer's heartland, it is a sight to behold. If anyone ever gets the chance to do the same, I say go for it.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Hi Guys and Girls.

kalimera George

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Welcome!

Just don’t forget our 2 cardinal rules: always lol@souffs and #sackmary
sorry . Ill wait on Judjement on Mary during the season. He got us playing extremely well last season, from a team who was supposed to be 15th. With a Bit of speed outwide, we would have cracked a top 6 Posi.

With the likes of Dufty, Field, Lomax, Sailor in the wings for First Grade, Plus a Genuine Halfback. We should see the best of Mary and his charges.