What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

Apey

Staff member
I had my complaints about the film but overall it was decent. I liked TFA better and I do enjoy a good nitpicking on random internet forums though. Stuff like oh how could Rey pull this off or how could Kylo Ren kill Snoke doesn't bother me too much. I've never understood the Mary Sue criticisms honestly.

Timbo

Staff member
The other thing that got me, tonally its all over the place.

It's one thing to say 'it's a kids movie' to justify the humour, but when you juxtapose that with extremely graphic violence

Kylo Ren cuts Snoke in half, then stabs one of his bodyguards in the face, ffs

The tone just felt off to me.

Danish

Referee
No.

57%.

Lower than The Phantom Menace.

Ouch.

You seem to keep stating these figures as some sort of victory in your mind, despite the fact that you are the only one whose declared blind allegiance to them. I haven't read a movie review in years personally, let alone let one dictate if I like a movie I haven't watched.

Does your faith in the rotten tomatoes audience extend to the Marvel movies, Force Awakens, etc? Movies that you've expressed much hatred for previously, haven't you? They rate fantastically on there.

shiznit

Coach
You seem to keep stating these figures as some sort of victory in your mind, despite the fact that you are the only one whose declared blind allegiance to them. I haven't read a movie review in years personally, let alone let one dictate if I like a movie I haven't watched.

Does your faith in the rotten tomatoes audience extend to the Marvel movies, Force Awakens, etc? Movies that you've expressed much hatred for previously, haven't you? They rate fantastically on there.
That’s why this is so hilarious... he normally ignores all things from RT because they destroy his argument...

Now he’s quoting RT scores... :joy:

bileduct

Coach

Can you summarise this post in a single comment please? I normally scroll right past your crap.

What did people do before Rotten Tomatoes?

Most of the reviewers would have grown up with 90 minute Betamax tapes of Explorers, BMX Bandits or Ice Pirates.

Hell classics like Tron, Big Trouble In Little China and Highlander were rubbished by reviewers in the day. With all the films I've bought and seen I don't think I ever gave a shit what a reviewer said or thought.