What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crash Craddocks best Australian players

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You should change it to Batsmen.

But yeah hard to fault, you could swap a few numbers around.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I love Smith but I wouldn't have it him 1. The game's changed a helluva lot, he's behind Chappell and Border for mine and I'll wait to his career is over before I judge him fully.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Top 10 lists like this are just so subjective, no one will ever agree

simmo1

First Grade
Ponting averaged 60 for a while only to be brought back to the pack later in his career. I'll wait till Smith has finished before I compare him to Border, Chappell, Ponting etc.

Reactions: JJ

Vozzy

Juniors
Shouldn't Ian chappel be on the list his average of 42 should put him right up there. He was the best at running singles probably 42 times an innings and when fielding was able to put his opposing batsman to sleep by telling them stories of when captain Cook played cricket on the endevour.

JJ

Immortal
Lol Craddock has no idea

Huge bias to modern players and given where Hayden is to Queenslanders

Clarke in the top 10 is too funny, and Smith can't be judged properly yet

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ian Chappell,Mark Waugh,Doug Walters and Dean Jones are better than Clarke and Hayden i reckon,there probs better than Boon as well

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dean Jones only scored runs when he was about to be dropped.

Boonie scored tough runs when we needed them throughout his career. Like AB just went a year or two too long.

typicalfan

Coach
Ponting averaged 60 for a while only to be brought back to the pack later in his career. I'll wait till Smith has finished before I compare him to Border, Chappell, Ponting etc.
I understand the sentiment I think Smith could retire tomorrow and probably make this list, not as 1 though. His strike rate of hundreds since being made captain is just unreal. If he keeps it up he will surpass Ponting in terms of 100s in something around 50-60 less tests (need to double check but if so that’s insane) That is only if he goes at the same rate.

I’d take Chappelli then Ponting then probably Border top 3 but Smith will overtake them all comfortably for me if he keeps going