What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crash Craddocks best Australian players

Pennies

Juniors
His career should be judged on its completion but through no fault of his own he has not yet faced a fast bowling great. Which makes it hard trying to compare him better than Waugh or Border. (I never saw Chappell)
No one is having a go at him, he can only play what is in front of him.
Anderson, Broad, Steyn, Philander, Rabada plus a few others around are fine bowlers when it suits them but Smith hasn't played against a fast bowling great like Marshall, Ambrose, Donald, Hadlee, Waqar or Akram. Border has played against every one of them and Waugh most of them. How would those two average if they were playing today? or if Smith was playing in their era?

Meth

Staff member
Doesn’t Warne belong on that list? Massive wanker, but a hell of a bowler

Showtime

Juniors
His career should be judged on its completion but through no fault of his own he has not yet faced a fast bowling great. Which makes it hard trying to compare him better than Waugh or Border. (I never saw Chappell)
Anderson, Broad, Steyn, Philander, Rabada plus a few others around are fine bowlers when it suits them but Smith hasn't played against a fast bowling great like Marshall, Ambrose, Donald, Hadlee, Waqar or Akram. Border has played against every one of them and Waugh most of them. How would those two average if they were playing today? or if Smith was playing in their era?

I think Smith is successful in any era and will go on to break most records.

JJ

Immortal
Steyn is a great bowler, as good as anyone - but of course Smith probably hasn't faced him at his best - not sure...

Blade23

Juniors

AB and Tugga would average more now. Flatter pitches, a weaker stable of opposition bowlers and the option of using bats that have the thickness of tree branches.

Latest posts