What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Ashes Test: Australia v England at the MCG, Dec 26-30 2017

some11

Referee
So how long could Anderson possibly last tomorrow morning?

Our top order will have to at least knock over the deficit in two sessions.

Bazal

Post Whore
Now I know why the English don't like posting in here as the bias is incredible......

Are you geniused? I'll say it for the fourth time, slower and with smaller words.

I would have given it not out.

Sorry, given has two syllables, it might be a little tough for you.

Bazal

Post Whore
Cook now goes past Lara into 6th on the highest run scorer charts

There's been a lot of deathriding, but he has played a truly great innings, even if the pitch is a shit one.

Again, he's been the sole difference really. Warner gets out on 103 and we have a couple of other contributions (Darsh and Smith, mostly) and we get 320.

Cook pushes on to 240 and has contributions mostly from Root and Broad and they're staring at 500. Pretty easy to see where they've got the extra runs

Bazal

Post Whore
I was wrong about the bait. It was clearly delicious

Nah, you were right, I just put up with spastics at one of my jobs all day so I'm already in that frame of mind afterwards. Except here I can call them spastics.

edabomb

First Grade
Just another example in cricket where the process means we don't get the correct decision. Common sense says not out.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Steve Smith today proved that he is very weak tactically as a captain. Bird was useless and Mitch Marsh oddly underused.

Short bowling was his only tactic. It was f**king stupid and mostly ineffective.

Cummins took 26 odd overs to bowl his first maiden over.

Bazal

Post Whore
Steve Smith today proved that he is very weak tactically as a captain. Bird was useless and Mitch Marsh oddly underused.

Short bowling was his only tactic. It was f**king stupid and mostly ineffective.

He certainly struggles with the idea of building pressure, seems to want something that he can see being implemented rather than strangling. The pitch is rubbish, but it's also tough to score quickly on. With the right field and the right bowling you can rack up maidens and build pressure, particularly to players like Broad.

Vozzy

Juniors
To be fair we should have gotten this many runs on this pitch. Our bowlers were bowling well today they had it swinging a bit and Lyon did his best. Difference is they let wide balls go to the keeper why we played them back on our stumps also we have dropped crucial catches especially Cook on 66.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I really hate this short bowling at the tail and he appears to have no plan B, like bowl at the stumps, these guys bat at 8, 9 and 10 for a reason, they cant bat

dropped catches cost us and he dropped Cook twice, take out Cook and the poms didn't have a great deal

this drop in pitch really pisses me off, they seem to forget that the C in MCG stands for cricket and AFL seems to be the priority and cricket takes a back seat, this pitch does not behave like a normal pitch, I reckon it would take a week to get a result on this

3 shield games this year and they've all been draws

TheParraboy

Staff member
this drop in pitch really pisses me off, they seem to forget that the C in MCG stands for cricket and AFL seems to be the priority and cricket takes a back seat, this pitch does not behave like a normal pitch, I reckon it would take a week to get a result on this

The M in MCG stands for Merkins?

Sphagnum

Coach
This one is going to end as either a draw or tie, or one of these teams winning.

Do I have a future as a nine commentator with pearls of wisdom like That?