What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alastair Cook - Will he break all of Tendulkar's Test records?

Mr Spock!

Referee
If we're taking out doubles on roads then let's start with Hayden's 380 against Zimbabwe in Perth. His other double against India gets a pass mark.

And then we'll take out Atherton's doubles....hang on, the merkin never scored one on his way to averaging 37.
Atherton played against Ambrose, Walsh, McGrath, Warne, Donald, Pollock, Akram , Waqar....

Donald names Atherton and Steve waugh the toughest batsmen he bowled to.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Good fred this one imo.
Seems to haved segued from Cook >> Tendulkar to Cook >> Haydos.

If I had to pick an Aussie opener to bat for my life i'd take the brown nose gnome.
Thought Gavaskar was a merkin but he was good back when India were still minnows.

The way I see it is i'd have Cook if my life was on the line, but Haydos if we were chasing.
Both have ( had ) holes in their games.

I'd have Cook if it was a road and pace bowlers were bowling 125kph.

Dodgy

Juniors
McGrath reckons Atherton is one of the hardest batsmen to bowl to. He always says it with a smirk.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hayden averaged 60 in South Africa, 50 in England and 50 in NZ.

The flat track bully averaged 30 in all three.

Dodgy

Juniors
Cook's would be in the 10s if he had to face Donald, Pollock, McGrath, Gillespie, Warne, Ambrose, Walsh, Akram , Younus.....
I don't know what your problem with Cook is. But I'd guess to say he'd average 41 with a similar career to Atherton's.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Cook's would be in the 10s if he had to face Donald, Pollock, McGrath, Gillespie, Warne, Ambrose, Walsh, Akram , Younus.....
And I'd say, that Atherton would average in single digits if he had to face Marshall, Garner, Lillee, Spofforth, O'Reilly, Trueman, etc.

All very hypothetical. But hail Mike Atherton, the great man.

TheParraboy

Staff member

check your stats again champ (this time with proper reading glasses). Haydos doesn't average anywhere near what you say in those countries

Bazal

Post Whore

Lol.

I've heard of rounding up, but I'm not sure 34 really goes up to 60....or even 50. And 28 in NZ really doesn't fly as 50

Id you're going to make a ridiculous argument at least get the facts right. Kinda stunts your credibility when you blatantly make shit up

Blade23

Juniors
All hail the Great Haydos
From Howstats
Hayden
Averages 34 in South Africa and 43 overall against them.
Averages 34 in England and 45 overall against England
Averages 28 in NZ and 36 overall against NZ.

Latest posts