What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI Series- NZL v WI

JJ

Immortal
NZs out cricket was far too superior. As demonstrated by Kesrick Williams bowling one of the most dopiest final overs I can ever recall, v Seth Rance getting two wickets in two balls both courtesy of excellent catches. The Glenn Phillips catch to dismiss Chris Gayle is one of the finest exhibitions of wicket keeping you're ever likely to see frankly.
I've said for a while Phillips has a big future, mind you we have a fair bunch of keeper/bats with Watling, Blundell, Phillips, Seifert, Horne and others

Hope Phillips isn't pre judged as a white ball player, remember when Boult was red ball only

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I've said for a while Phillips has a big future, mind you we have a fair bunch of keeper/bats with Watling, Blundell, Phillips, Seifert, Horne and others

Hope Phillips isn't pre judged as a white ball player, remember when Boult was red ball only

Seifert and Blundell (and Watling) are much better actual keepers apparently than Phillips. Phillips bats for Auck in FC but doesn't typically keep wicket.

Did you know Niccolls used to be a gloveman too?

Seems to be tests:

1 Watling
2 Blundell
3 Seifert

Latham in game reserve

50 odi

1 Latham
2 Phillips I think

T20

1 Phillips
2 Seifert is possibly edging Latham here at the moment

Bruce, Chapman, and Solia are the batsmen I'm hoping big things for. Even if only 1 of them becomes a great intl player , I'll be pleased. I think Bruce is ready for 50 overs and test debut now. Or a year ago in fact. But Munro has to have earnt a 2nd test shot by now? CDG's success appears to be costing Munro as a 5th test bowler and bat 6 option that Hesson told him was his best opp. But I still see Niccolls at 5 :(

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
NZs out cricket was far too superior. As demonstrated by Kesrick Williams bowling one of the most dopiest final overs I can ever recall, v Seth Rance getting two wickets in two balls both courtesy of excellent catches. The Glenn Phillips catch to dismiss Chris Gayle is one of the finest exhibitions of wicket keeping you're ever likely to see frankly.

It was a good catch - great speed and commitment to get into the outfield and take it with a dive.

TheParraboy

Staff member
2nd t20 is on today 5pm aedt

Tell me, I haven’t seen much of the windies tour here. Have they been as woeful as the results have indicated?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
2nd t20 is on today 5pm aedt

Tell me, I haven’t seen much of the windies tour here. Have they been as woeful as the results have indicated?

They bowled well enough for the most part, until the final over last match. NZ batting has had to rebuild more often than not with middle order and engine room runs- but has been able to.

Their batting has been pathetic but consistent.

I'd give their bowling a 6.5.

Batting a 2.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Bay Oval looks a sell out again this year.

Lots of Tui shirts.

Shame we don't ever get a top team here over Xmas.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
45(16) now

Edit:
49(17)

50(18)

54(19) dropped
58 (20)
62(21)
66(22)

And out 66(23) caught at long on trying to cross bat a 6.

Good powerplay clinic by Munro.

N Z 86/2 after 6. KW 9 (9) GP 6(1)

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Great innings Col. I know it's only the West Indies but I'm still staggered some thought Munro and blokes like CDG could not be international cricketers, including it seems the selectors. #smh

Iafeta

Referee
That was friendly from Kesrick for Phillips first ball. Free hit, slow loopy knee high full toss. Smacked out of the park as it should have been. This Kesrick Williams is an awful cricketer.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hey Ifaeta - did u catch Chapman's ton today for Auckland? He managed 6 6s at Hagley. Outshone Niccolls and Latham.

Iafeta

Referee
No... they don't have it over here in Aus Anti unfortunately. That's a good effort though, it's a big oval. Clearly in a close game he was definitely the difference.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Great innings Col. I know it's only the West Indies but I'm still staggered some thought Munro and blokes like CDG could not be international cricketers, including it seems the selectors. #smh

Yeah - totally agree with you. Its a shame that they've been competing for the same test spot where Col DG is the better bowler and Col M is the better bat.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Time for Kitchen to prove his selection ahead of near half the domestic BKSS cricketers in NZ if not more.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
No... they don't have it over here in Aus Anti unfortunately. That's a good effort though, it's a big oval. Clearly in a close game he was definitely the difference.

He certainly has a lot more shots than G Worker and is dynamite in the field. With 2 starring games on tv back to back - his stock value is deservingly increasing.

Solia got an early fail but took a great catch. Hopefully see more of him on TV.