What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN TAKE OVER

possm

Coach
Yeap sure could.
The thing that would hold it up are he wants to get rid of doust.
Also if he does get to take over. The sooner the better.
He wants only 3 or 4 games only away from the gong.
In other words.
8 games at Wollongong and only 4 at Sydney.
It could mean no more kogarah games or only 3 games a year.
The other game would be ANZAC .

The stadium he builds at Kogarah will rival Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane. Before long our home games will be split between the gong and Kogarah and many major Rugby League, Soccer and Rugby Union events will be held at the new Kogarah Stadium.

The days of being told where to play our home games by the NRL will be over mainly because our 6m debt to the NRL will be paid in full.

Oh when the Seik comes marching in, oh when the Sheik comes marching in ................

Brutalitops

Juniors
I think some here are getting much too caught up in the Qatar rumours and letting the excitement get to them somewhat. The fact is that a foreign buyer, especially one as controversial as Qatar (who have had sporting corruption scandals out the ass for a very long time) should make the club heed some caution. It would be foolish to just jump in blind and push away an offer from WIN, who are a local community focused corporation who could also do a lot of good for the club.

Don't get me wrong, a Shiek ownership could turn out fantastically. But it would be unwise to just go with the richest buyer unless they knew exactly what they were going to do to turn the club around. Selling the mighty Dragons to a bloke who heard about them from his mates and fancied buying them is not enough.

Brutalitops

Juniors
The stadium he builds at Kogarah will rival Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane. Before long our home games will be split between the gong and Kogarah and many major Rugby League, Soccer and Rugby Union events will be held at the new Kogarah Stadium.

The days of being told where to play our home games by the NRL will be over mainly because our 6m debt to the NRL will be paid in full.

Oh when the Seik comes marching in, oh when the Sheik comes marching in ................
I'm all for excitement Possm, but I think you're going a bit too far there. Suncorp in Kogarah? Wouldn't take much research on the contractors or governments part to deduct that would be a completely unnecessary project and a tremendous waste of space.

WIN would be more likely to get an upgrade of that scope anyway

possm

Coach
I think some here are getting much too caught up in the Qatar rumours and letting the excitement get to them somewhat. The fact is that a foreign buyer, especially one as controversial as Qatar (who have had sporting corruption scandals out the ass for a very long time) should make the club heed some caution. It would be foolish to just jump in blind and push away an offer from WIN, who are a local community focused corporation who could also do a lot of good for the club.

Don't get me wrong, a Shiek ownership could turn out fantastically. But it would be unwise to just go with the richest buyer unless they knew exactly what they were going to do to turn the club around. Selling the mighty Dragons to a bloke who heard about them from his mates and fancied buying them is not enough.

You make some good points. I say, lay the proposals side by side on the table and with the oversight of the NRL, choose the best offer.

Crush

Coach

And the stadium will be made of solid gold! And there will be beer flowing out of the taps and the seats will be made of chocolate so that the kids can eat their chairs!
Its going to be amazing Possm!

possm

Coach
I'm all for excitement Possm, but I think you're going a bit too far there. Suncorp in Kogarah? Wouldn't take much research on the contractors or governments part to deduct that would be a completely unnecessary project and a tremendous waste of space.

WIN would be more likely to get an upgrade of that scope anyway
Well I still believe in St George Dragons and our home ground at Kogarah. If Parramatta and Easts can have multiple stadiams in their district, there is no reason why a stadium in close proximity to Mascot Airport should not be viable.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
And the stadium will be made of solid gold! And there will be beer flowing out of the taps and the seats will be made of chocolate so that the kids can eat their chairs!
Its going to be amazing Possm!

Crush
And then you wake up.
At least he can stop talking about wamsley.
Lol

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

More like Sheik, rattle and roll!

John moz

Juniors
We need a owner to buy the land at kogarah and rebuild a stadium to link with the league's club .The vacant land on the hwy side can be built as a training and gym center.

There's certainly pros and cons to both sides here. I'm all for privatisation as it'll free us from debt and take the club safely into the future of world sport, but only if our club falls into the hands of someone who'll take care of it as it deserves to be taken care of.

I'm not anti-merger or anything so I don't buy into the whole debate over if 'Illawarra' will be dropped etc, as far as I am concerned St.George Illawarra as a JV has been around for 20 years come September this year with a Premiership to our name and I feel the general consensus is that the JV is more an extension on the St.George history as all our merch has est 1921 on it these days as opposed to the Wests Tigers JV which started fresh in 2000, so no need to mess with that whatever the outcome.

My biggest fear about privatisation would mean a loss of those St.George and Illawarra identities for us as a club in favour of a more mascot driven identity (essentially 1997 Super League) to make us appeal to a mass market and potent overseas fans.

I could be over thinking or it could well be my years of exposure working in design and marketing but I'd hate to see us bought by someone who has no ties with the club and suddenly our St.George Illawarra shield gets exchanged for a cartoon Dragon while we're playing out of Homebush.

possm

Coach
We need a owner to buy the land at kogarah and rebuild a stadium to link with the league's club .The vacant land on the hwy side can be built as a training and gym center.
Yes, and I suggest the structure actually goes over the top of the highway and the train and bus stations are built below the ground. This together with a multi story car park that feeds directly on the highway with a dedicated lane should solve congestion problems for fans. The school should be relocated at the Sheiks expense giving the complex all the land required to make this a premium ground in the St George District.

Latest posts