What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 3 darkhorses for season 2018

GongPanther

Referee
1/ St George: Recruited well...juicy odds at $21.

2/ Manly: Finished strongly at the back end of last season,and with a bit of luck,could have gone all the way and pushed the Storm in the GF. $17 is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

3/ Bulldogs: With a new coach comes a new refreshed outlook. Either the players are going to be on board with the new changes,or it out you go to reserve grade. I'm betting the Dogs will find their bite in 2018 with a new found vigour. And at $34,I'm hopping aboard.

Honorable mentions to watch out for: Gold Coast who with a coach who will surprise and turn a few heads. And the Warriors...surely they can find some consistency?

The_Shield

Juniors
1. Warriors - everyone seems to think they’ll challenge for the spoon but I think they can make the 8. They’ve recruited pretty well, Tohu Harris is a great signing for them. Blake Green will be a better fit for them then Foran was and take some of that pressure off of Shaun Johnson.

2. Dragons - Again recruited pretty well. Last year it was all up to Gareth Widdop, so the signing of Ben Hunt should definitely help there. They’ve lost a little in the forwards tho with Packer and Thompson leaving and only Graham coming in.

3. Knights - Should be the biggest improvers from last year. It really depends on how all their signings gel together. Mitchell Pearce is a big get for them but I think Kalyn Ponga is the key, if he fires the Knights could be dangerous, on the other hand if he fails to deliver it could be another long year for the Newcastle boys

GongPanther

Referee
1. Warriors - everyone seems to think they’ll challenge for the spoon but I think they can make the 8. They’ve recruited pretty well, Tohu Harris is a great signing for them. Blake Green will be a better fit for them then Foran was and take some of that pressure off of Shaun Johnson.

2. Dragons - Again recruited pretty well. Last year it was all up to Gareth Widdop, so the signing of Ben Hunt should definitely help there. They’ve lost a little in the forwards tho with Packer and Thompson leaving and only Graham coming in.

3. Knights - Should be the biggest improvers from last year. It really depends on how all their signings gel together. Mitchell Pearce is a big get for them but I think Kalyn Ponga is the key, if he fires the Knights could be dangerous, on the other hand if he fails to deliver it could be another long year for the Newcastle boys
I think the Knights,along with the Titans will need and have a "run-in" year in 2018. They both will get their fair share of wins,but watch out for 2019 and beyond. Highly promising futures ahead.

Blade23

Juniors
Titans I think will surprise a few with the distraction now gone. I rate Brennan as a coach and I think he will get the best out them this year.

Dragons. With the recruitment they have had they should make the 8 next year maybe even finish a bit higher. The only downfall could be their coach.

Knights will do better, not sure if they can make the 8 at this stage though.

Warriors I would have on my list but they always seems to disappoint.

Emu01

Juniors
Dragons, knights,Tigers to improve on recent years.

Honourable mention Titans.

The usual big spenders .Roosters,storm, Broncos and Sharks to be up the top of table.

Life's Good

Coach
Dark horse for improvement:
Warriors
Knights
Dark horse for the Premiership:
Panthers
Storm
Title contenders:
Roosters
Cowboys(my personal pick for the comp)

1/ St George: Recruited well...juicy odds at $21.

2/ Manly: Finished strongly at the back end of last season,and with a bit of luck,could have gone all the way and pushed the Storm in the GF. $17 is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

3/ Bulldogs: With a new coach comes a new refreshed outlook. Either the players are going to be on board with the new changes,or it out you go to reserve grade. I'm betting the Dogs will find their bite in 2018 with a new found vigour. And at $34,I'm hopping aboard.

Honorable mentions to watch out for: Gold Coast who with a coach who will surprise and turn a few heads. And the Warriors...surely they can find some consistency?

Manly without Blake Green makes me moist

Latest posts