What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How would you book WM

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Here are the rules
You have to only use the tools that are at the WWEs disposal, so no you can't write in Angle for the Rumble. You can't bring in 'Broken' Matt Hardy etc

You can change booking from Royal Rumble, and make your way to WM

Here is my Wrestlemania card, I will explain why later in the post

Universal Title Match
Brock Lesnar (c) Vs Goldberg

John Cena Vs Samoa Joe (C)

Seth Rollins Vs Triple H Vs Finn Balor

US Title Match
Jericho(c) Vs Owens

Shaq Vs Big Show

Luke Harper Vs Bray Wyatt Vs Randy Orton

Aj Styles Vs The Miz

Retirement Match:
Kane Vs Undertaker

Elimination Scramble
WWE SD Womens:
Alexa Bliss V Natayla Vs Mickie James Vs Nikki Bella V Becky Lynch Vs Naomi (c)

MITB: Braun Vs Zayn Vs Roman Vs Rusev V Zigler V Ambrose V Corbin V Crews

Fatal 4-Way
WWE Raw Womens Championship: Charlotte (C) Vs Sasha V Bayley V Nia Jax

Pre-Show

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Gallows and Anderson Vs American Alpha
Bobby Roode Vs Shinsuke Nakamura NXT Championship match

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Okay let's focus on the pre-show

Starting off with Roode Vs Nakamura. With the lack of NXT on the main WM card, it was only fitting that they at least had a showing on the pre-show card. These two can go. Roode to retain, potentially pathing the way for a callup for Nakamura to the main roster.

The Club Vs American Alpha, Raw and SD tag champs. Merely because the WM card is large enough not to need a tag team match, so pitting the champions against each other, I feel anyway is a nice touch. I'd have American Alpha come out on top, they have an extremely bright future

Andre the Giant Memorial battle royal - I'd have NXT guys, 205 live guys, a bunch of main roster tag teams - New Day, Golden Truth, Vaudevillans, Acension etc along with other guys who didn't make the card - Kalisto, Mark Henry etc. I'd actually have Neville win this. I think with the push he's been given, and to also aid in giving the CWs more credibility, having the champ take it out is a good reflection.

Main Roster now. In no order:

Fatal 4-Way
WWE Raw Womens Championship: Charlotte (C) Vs Sasha V Bayley V Nia Jax
I went Fatal 4-way because each of these women are credible combatants and deserve to be on the card. I'd have Charlotte retain, getting a pinfall over Bayley. Charlotte, queen of PPVs, should win the big one. I think it may also provide a surprise as I think the majority of people would expect Charlotte to drop the title here.

MITB: Braun Vs Zayn Vs Roman Vs Rusev V Zigler V Ambrose V Corbin V Crews
Reasoning for this is, MITB PPV gets replaced with KOTR. Probably the most 'out there' or 'unbelievable' part of my booking. I always think the MITB match suits being at Mania, provides many great moments and I think the KOTR makes an overall better PPV (going back to my 90s day fanboy here). One moment I'd have would be to have Roman and Ambrose have a min shield. re-union.I'd have Corbin with this match and further his push. They are building him well, a bit like how they elevated Edge when he went fully as a single competitor. I'd tease a Zayn victory, but Corbin to win it.

Elimination Scramble
WWE SD Womens:
Alexa Bliss V Natayla Vs Mickie James Vs Nikki Bella V Becky Lynch Vs Naomi (c)
This is when I would look at giving Mickie James another run as champ.

Retirement Match:
Kane Vs Undertaker
This would start from the Royal Rumble. Taker enters strongly, eliminates many superstars. Kanes music hits, Taker waits watching the entrance. Kane comes from under the ring and behind Taker and eliminates him. Over the months between RR and WM, tensions between the two rise. The brothers, the old allys and old foes, one more time. The match would end in a double KO, neither man gets up after the 10 count. Thus ending both mens career. They both sit up athe same time, stare down then raise each others arm. Kane and Taker, ending their careers at WM. After the match, both men slowly walk up the rampway taking in every last moment with the fans. They stop, turn and face the crowd, Kane does that thing where he raises his arms and slam them down, fire pyro goes off by the entrance ramp. Taker raises an arm, and 'GONG' the crowd goes nuts.

Aj Styles Vs The Miz
Miz continues to verbally attack D-Bry on Smackdown. D-Bry says Miz wants a match against him? He's got one. Contract signing. Steph then comes out to say that the doctors have stopped the match from going ahead. Miz laughs it off saying that the whole thing was a farce to begin with. D-Bry says Miz has signed a match against him and if he can't fight then he will find a replacement. Miz says whoever he picks, would be a tougher opponent than Bryan ever would have been, they'd have more passion and wouldn't be a quitter like Bryan. All of that wouldn't matter because anyone who would fight for Bryan would be stupid. Bryan introduces Miz to his WM opponent - AJ Styles. Over the coming weeks, the Mizs promos are on point, and AJ doesn't miss a beat. Miz beats Styles at WM. Miz to get ultra heat from the victory, Styles doesn't lose much from it either.

Luke Harper Vs Bray Wyatt Vs Randy Orton (No DQ Match)
This is where things really take a different route from current booking. I wouldn't have Orton win the Rumble. I wouldn't have Wyatt win the Chamber. I'd have Harper win this match as I think he has the most to gain from the match, Rowan returns to aid and assist Wyatt and Harper. The old Wyatt Family are back together. To top it off, Braun returns to aid the in beat down of Randy.

Shaq Vs Big Show
The WWE are insistant on this match, Shaq will win. Its a use of the Big Show and an attraction.

US Title Match
Jericho(c) Vs Owens
The inevitable split between these two happens when Owens loses the title at Fastlane against Lesnar (more to follow). I'd have Owens win this, Jericho to then disappear in the sunset to work with Fozzy.

Seth Rollins Vs Triple H Vs Finn Balor
Tensions build between Triple H and Seth. Leading to Finn Balor returning, not forgetting it was Seth who injured him. It looks like Finn may be turning heel upon return, however at 'Mania, he wins by a brutal beat down on Triple H. Triple H doesn't need the victory, and its a good story and return for Finn to win the match

John Cena Vs Samoa Joe (C)
I'd have had Joe in the Rumble, and as a SD Superstar. Have him win the title at the EC. Cena invokes his right to rematch. Joe says if he wants to be the man, he has to beat the biggest man, on biggest stage. The first time these two ever face one-on-one, at a main event at WM. It really wrote itself. I'd also have Joe retain the title here. Having Joe as a transitional champ just so Cena could get his '17th' world title victory just seems lame. Have him tap out to the Samoan Submission machine

Universal Title Match
Brock Lesnar (c) Vs Goldberg
How this would work is Goldberg would be the winner of the Rumble. Have him come in late in the piece, possibly even at 30 and just clear house ala Kevin Nash in World War 3 1998. Book him ultra strong. Eliminating Lesnar in the same manner as he really did. Next time on RAW, Heyman and Lesnar come out saying they want one more shot at Goldberg. They need a chance to change the legacy. Their first WM was in the past, Survivor Series was a bad night, the Rumble wasn't 1-on-1. They want to even the WM score. Goldberg comes down and says at WM he has a date with Universal Champ. Jericho and Owens come out to accept Goldbergs challenge. Heyman says that the only man standing in Lesnars way to Goldberg is Owens, he wants a title match at fastlane. Jericho says that's too bad. Heyman says Lesnar would take both Jericho AND Owens out tonight, just to get a shot at Owens. If Jericho and Owens win, then Lesnar can't challenge while Owens is champ. The match is agreed on. That night on Raw, Lesnar destroys Owens, Jericho leaves before he can get tagged in seeing the fury that fills Lesnar. (This also sets the tone between Owens/Jericho). Lesnar then goes on to beat Owens at FastLane. While the ref was down, Jericho comes in to attack Lesnar, Lesnar moves out the way and Jericho nails Owens. F-5 to both Jericho and Owens. Lesnar wins the title at Fastlane, setting up this match against Goldberg. At WM, to prevent a Survivor Series type of beat down, when Goldberg goes for an early spear, Lesnar avoids it and Goldberg spears the ring post. This ends in fair manner (mainly to prevent a repeat of their previous WM snoozefest but also to act as a counter to the SS match). Suplex city, 2 F-5s and Lesnar defeats Goldberg for some redemption, regain credibility.

*bump* It's that time again...

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Braun Strowman

WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v John Cena

Six Man Tag
The Shield (Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins) v The Club (Finn Balor, Anderson, Gallows)

WWE Smackdown Womens Championship
Charlotte Flair (c) v Rhonda Rousey

Special Challenge
Chris Jericho v Shinsuke Nakamura

Delete!
'Woken' Matt Hardy v The Miz

Father v Son...Title v Career
WWE Intercontinental Champion Jason Jordan v Raw General Manager Kurt Angle

Unsanctioned Match
Smackdown Commissioner Shane McMahon v Smackdown General Manager Daniel Bryan

WWE Raw Womens Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) v Asuka

WWE United States Championship
Bobby Roode (c) v Randy Orton

4 Way TLC for Smackdown Tag Titles
The Usos (c) v Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable v The New Day v The Bludgeon Brothers

What I think will happen with a tinge of wishful thinking, winners in bold
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale
Winner: Braun Strowman last eliminating Jinder Mahal

Mae Young Memorial Battle Royale
Winner: Becky Lynch, last eliminating Naomi

Singles Match
Bray vs Matt Hardy

Smackdown Women's title
Charlotte vs Asuka

US Title Ladder Match
Roode vs Orton vs Corbin vs Ziggler vs Dillinger vs Rusev

Raw Women's Title
Alexa vs Nia

Intercontinental Title
The Miz vs Seth Rollins

6 Man Tag
The Bar & Elias vs Balor Club

Singles Match
Sasha Banks vs Bayley

Mixed Match Tag Match
Stephanie McMahon & Triple H vs Kurt Angle & Rhonda Rousey

Smackdown Tag TItles
Usos vs Bludgeon Brothers

Singles Match
Cena
vs Taker

Singles Match, winner gets control of Smackdown
Sami Zayn (reppin' Daniel Bryan) vs Kevin Owens (reppin' Shane McMahon)

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

WWE Championship

AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Relegate the 3 most pointless matches in terms of hype to the pre-show

AJ v Nakamura
Lesnar v Braun
Angle v HHH
Jax v Asuka v Charlotte v Rousey
Owens v Zayn (cage match)
Finn v Bryan (30min iron man)
Undertaker v Samoa (get Samoa over)
Rusev v Hogan (crowd pop)
Rey v Rollins
Elias v Miz
New Day v Usos
Cena v Big Show v Kane (retirement match)
Bray v Hardy (house of horrors)
Dilinger v Roode

Do it WWE do it

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like your list The Vaulting Violinist. I'd like to see a few little twists on it.

I'd have Brawn v Reigns v Lesnar with Braun winning like an animal
I like the earlier idea mentioned where Zayn (represents Bryan) v Owens (represents Shaneo) for complete control of SDL

But I'd make it short, Zayn and Owens talk a lot, exchange a few blows before Owens lets Zayn pin him clean so that they are A. reunited again and B. get the last laugh on Shane.

They both stand up after the match, embrace and then share a mic and say to Shane "You're Fired!"

Shane jumps into the ring to attack them both, but Daniel Bryan interjects and then we have an impromptu match between those two, with Bryan winning via submission.

a spare few minutes catching the metro home today, so I thought I'd have a go fantasy booking Wrestlemania 35. Obviously with the shake ups etc, a lot of fresh fueds going on. A lot can happen between now and next year...leeet's go!

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Daniel Bryan

Lesnar holds the belt until Wrestlemania next year, wrestling limited dates in the process. I'd have Heyman really amp up the fact that his client does what he wants, when he wants. If he fights in the UFC, so be it. Really turn him in to an arrogant 'McGregor' type. Just when they threaten to strip him of the belt, he comes back and smashes the challenger. Enter Daniel Bryan who wins the Royal Rumble. At Mania Bryan wins the belt, giving him the Mania moemnt he SHOULD have got a couple years back and SAVES the WWE from Lesnar and Heyman's antics.

WWE Championship
The Undertaker (c) v John Cena

The Undertaker returns at Survivor Series and wins a fatal fourway 'Ultimate Survival' elimination match. Enter John Cena, who wants to prove he can hang with Taker on the big stage. Have him work a bit heelish too, saying things like he maybe "part time" now, but he was the one holding the WWE down when Taker wasw off getting another hip replaced etc. Usual antics with the superpowers, druids etc. At Mania, it's Career v Career and Title v potential 17th Title (new record). Cena goes over here.

WWE United States Championship - The Miz Cup
Samoa Joe v Seth Rollins v Jeff Hardy v Dean Ambrose

Miz captures the US title and begins holding the Miz Cup series, with a series of bizarre rules leading to a fatal fourway at Wrestlemania where the winner gets to face the Miz directly after. Samoa Joe wins the series, and then goes on to beat the Miz in a match/segemnt which takes all of 20 minutes and acts as a bit of a buffer between the Womens match and the co-main events.

WWE Undisputed Womens Championship
Charlotte Flair (Smackdown) v Ronda Rousey (Raw)

Ember Moon wins the Womens' Royal Rumble and chooses Charlotte, whilst Rousey wins the Raw womens' title at Fastlane. However, Moon falls 'injured' and is declared to be unfit for competition for multiple months. Enter Rousey. It's undefeated streak v record long title reign/MMA v pro wrestling royalty. Could bring in Naitch, have Roddy Piper's family back Ronda. All sorts of cool shit. Rousey goes over at Wrestlemania to be crowned the Undisputed Womens' Champion.

No Holds Barred Street Fight
The Club (AJ Styles, Finn Balor, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows) v The Family (Roman Reigns, The Usos and The Rock).

The Club have been running roughshot over the WWE, doing as they please and not abiding by the brandsplit rules. They have even shown up at NXT shows and indy shows. Styles, Gallows and Anderson declare no one is as badass as them. Enter Reigns and the Usos. Basically a 3 v 3 fued leading into Wrestlemania until Finn Balor turns on Reigns during a tag match against Anderson and Gallows. The numbers game is played up heavily here. The Club beat down multiple members of the Anoaʻi family including former stars such as Rikishi. The final straw is the putting of Nia Jax through a table with the magic killer. The family turn to the Rock and they go over at Wrestlemania.

Grudge Match
Shinsuke Nakamura v Chris Jericho

Really playing off of Jericho's involvement with NJPW this past year. He returns to challenge a Shinsuke Nakamura who has really reinvented himself as a badass, asshole heel (see: Baron Corbin but with heat). They work a stiff as hell match, and Jericho drops the 'List' schtick, opting instead for the character he played in Japan this past WK event. Jericho to go over here.

Innaugral WWE Womens Tag Team Championships - Tournament Final
Asuka and Kairi v Bayley and Sasha Banks

Simple format here really. Much liek the womens revolution in NXT, just give the ladies time! 20 minutes of fantastic womens wrestling with Asuka and Kairi going over here in what is essentially face v face. After the match have the girls celebrate together and after a huddle, Asuka and Kairi turn on Bayley and Banks, beating them from pillar to post, bringing out security.

Two Decades of Deletion
Matt Hardy invites superstars of his past to the Compound for a segment titled 'Two Decades of Deletion'. Various talent arrive at the Compound, whom all fail to Hardy, including Bray Wyatt, who is the last competitor. However just as the segment closes, Vanguard-1 falls to the ground, appearing to have collided with soemthing, when it is picked up, the camera reveals that something is Braun Strauman, who proceeds to crush the drone to end the segment.

Grudge Match
Triple H v Bobby Roode (w/Stephanie McMahon)

Stephanie turned on Triple H, claiming his days on the main roster are past him and he needs to stick to developmental. Stephanie has said she loves her husband, but this is strictly a 'best for business' decision, shocking everyone. Really have her play up the fact that she's a McMahon, and nothing gets between blood...unless its money. Have Roode go over Triple H, banishing him from the main roster and push him into the main event scene on Raw.

WWE Undisputed Team Championships - Ladder Match
Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn (Raw Champions) v The Authors of Pain (Smackdown Champions) v The Undisputed Era (Raw) v The Bludgeon Brothers (Smackdown)

Simple really, the winning brand gets the belts. I'd have the Undisputed Era go over here.

Grudge Match
Kurt Angle v WWE Intercontinental Champion Jason Jordan

It is revealed Jordan is not Angle's son (worst kept secret) and Jordan puts Angle on the shelf after he turns on him post-title win, claiming he doesnt need Kurt anymore. Angle to go over here in a non-title match and feel good 'suplex/technical' showcase.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Andrade Almas (c) v Unknown Opponent

A lavish introduction for Almas, taking almost 10 minutes. The mystery opponent is Rey Mysterio, who returns. The two go at it for 15 minutes, but Almas goes over due to interference from is valet. He later goes over in the fued.

Wrestlemania 35

Pre Show
Andre Battle Royale, winner gets a US title shot on the main show
Winner: Big Cass (will play into the story)

Raw Tag Titles
Deleters of Worlds vs Revival
Simple tag match, no strings attached, have whoever the champs are retain, if there's a title change to be had do it the following night

Sanity vs New Day
Sanity get the big win here and propel themselves right up the card into a no 1 contender's role

Cruiserweight title
Andrade Cein Almas vs Rey Mysterio
Andrade calls himself the best cruiserweight of all time after winning the title in June/July, Rey comes back they have a huge battle at Mania

Main Show
Intercontinental Title
Finn Balor (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
The blowoff to Shinsuke vs AJ is a loser leaves Smackdown match at Summerslam, Nakaura is banished to Raw, faces Balor for the title here

SD Womens title
Becky Lynch (c) vs Asuka
Becky and Asuka team up to face teams like the Iconics, Absolution, Carmella & Tamina, etc, with Becky constantly taking a beating and Asuka winning on the hot tag. The heels all beg Asuka to turn on Becky as she is holding Asuka down, but Asuka stay strong. Plant some seeds with things like Asuka starts a tag match against Absolution and wins without tagging Becky in at all. In a triple threat at Survivor Series between Charlotte, Becky & Asuka, Becky pins Asuka for the title, then beats her and Charlotte down after the match, claiming she never held Asuka down and she was the team. Asuka wins a tournament for the number 1 contendership and wins the title at Mania off a heel Becky.

SD Tag Titles
Usos vs The Bar
I just love watching these two teams work, much like the Raw titles, no real team has to win

Street Fight
AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy
AJ turns heel around September/October, build this feud around TNA (won't happen but oh well), how AJ elevated that company to the heights of WWE back in the day, Jeff killed that by showing up to a big show drunk. Make AJ taunt Jeff and ask if he will be in a state to compete at Wrestlemania, or if he's going to relapse, go beyond the point of no returns where this has to be an all out war and the guys beat the crap out of each other.

Loser leaves Raw match
Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn (Kurt Angle as Referee)
Kurt is able to drive a wedge between the two of them. They momentarily get back on the same page and try to fight to a no contest. Kurt declares if there is no winner both leave Raw. Whoever gets stronger babyface reactions goes over, separating the two for good.

Braun Stroman vs Bobby Lashley
Typical big man slug fest. Braun gets a big win to elevate him to the very top of the card

WWE Championship
Samoa Joe vs Daniel Bryan
Joe wins the title off AJ and just dominates all comers for 6 months, retaining vs AJ, Orton, Hardy. Bryan wins the rumble and has a rebirth win and gets his first world title since his return. Bryan has a few close calls with the title hen AJ holds it, but can never get the shot against Joe, with guys like Miz, Orton & Rusev getting in the way. He takes a beating and a half from Joe, before a huge comeback, he tries to reverse the Clutch into a roll up, but Joe reverses that roll up attempt to one of his own, which is reversed into a Yes Lock for a submission win.

US Title
Miz vs Big Cass
Cass has operated as Miz's bodyguard for a year, helping him go over the likes of Bryan, Hardy, etc for a few month during his reign, Miz earlier in the show demands he lies down, but Cass squashes him in 3 minutes, turning face in the process. Working with Miz will sharpen up his mic skills, and a year on his own in the ring will help him there and have him ready for a solid singles run down the line.

Raw womens title
Ronda vs Charlotte
Charlotte wins the Rumble and challenges Rousey who wins the title at the Rumble. Charlotte wins and gives Rousey her first loss in the company, establishing herself as the greatest women's wrestler ever.

Universal title
Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose
Dean returns and turns heel on Seth around the Rumble. After Seth tosses Dean, Dean comes back and tosses Seth. At Elimination Chamber Dean is taken out of the match due to Doctors orders when Strowman throws him through a pod in a nasty spot. Seth wins the match setting up Seth vs Reigns. Dean claims he was denied a shot and beats Seth the following week to make it a triple threat.

Roman wins the title of Brock at the GRR, he drops it soon thereafter but wins it back late in the year. During the build you have Heel Dean and Face Seth. Roman ultimately alligns himself with Dean as Dean has never stabbed him in the back and in the build they both destroy Seth. Have a bit of friction between the two though, with Dean showing he wants the title and doesn't care what he has to do to get it and will cut Reigns. Ultimately their egos get the best of them in the match, and Seth has his coronation win in the Shield Triple Threat (done right). Seth gets the shot in his arm for his Monday Night Rollins run.

To have another go at this now (with some big changes happening), I would book Mania as follows
Pre Show
Andre Battle Royal
Winner: Elias - he is entertaining, but will need the Ws to get over as a face, this is a good starting point

Raw Tag Titles
AOP (c) vs American Alpha
Winner: AA - have AOP take the titles off the Shield when Dean walks out immediately, AOP destroy the competition for months before AA reunite and take them back when Jordan comes back from injury

Women's battle Royal
Winner: Kairi Sane - gets called up to SD 2 nights later

Main Show
SD Tag titles - TLC match - Usos vs New Day vs Sanity vs The Bar (c)
Winners: Sanity - take the titles for the first time here in a match with teams that can destroy each other and also fly around the ring. Beating 3 vet teams will elevate them

SD women's Title
Asuka vs Becky (c)
Winner Asuka - Becky wins the feud with Charlotte and she is thrown off SD. She wins the rumble down the line, Asuka becomes the #1 contender here and wins the title from an insane Becky Lynch who is breaking arms for fun.

US Title
Samoa Joe vs Rusev vs Shinsuke (c) vs Almas
Winner: Almas - gets a win over 3 established guys and sets him on his way.

Drew McIntyre vs Dean Ambrose
Winner: Drew - Drew keeps stifling Deans world title aspirations and ultimately Dean sabotages Drew, resulting in a blow off here. Drew gets built as a future Universal title contender

Daniel Bryan vs Miz
Winner Bryan: Miz taps in the middle of the ring, in the match to finally end the rivalry on the biggest stage

Batista vs HHH
winner: HHH - I loved their promo on SD 1000, Batista wants to do this as a last ever match so I guess trips goes over - it doesn't matter really

Universal title
Braun Strowman (c) vs Seth Rollins
Winner: Seth Rollins - Braun wins at Crown Jewell and decimates everyone, Seth wins the title in a big man little man match, Seth wins the rumble, Braun can even taunt him with Roman for heat.

Womens Title (Raw)
Ronda Rousey (c) vs Charlotte Flair
Winner: Ronda Rousey: After being thrown of SD, Charlotte wins the Rumble and comes after Ronda's title, Ronda gets the win in the biggest women's match ever and gets called out the following night by Shayna Bazler fresh off being called up

WWE Title
AJ Styles (c) vs Randy Orton
Winner: AJ Styles - Randy is still insane and tearing people apart, he gets his shot at AJ here, in a match only ever seen once, play up the fact Randy has been the WWE constant for 15 years, whilst AJ has travelled the world to get in the door. This match would be good enough to close any show.