What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan in NZ - Pyjama tour 2017/18

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Game 1 at Basin Res.

NZ lose toss and will bat.

NZ forced to play both Santner and Astle given injuries to seam all rounders Bracewell; Kuggs; Anderson; CDG bereavement, and Neesham's form so poor he has been dropped by Otago.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Solid start for Guppie and Manu.

22/0 after 4

M Amir, H Ali, S Khan - helluva attack here for Pakistan

Meth

Staff member
Not a fan of Ferguson, but don't feel all that aggrieved for Henry. I suppose Ferguson got the jump on him in the WI series.

Not using the bails here. The weather in NZ in crazy at the moment

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Sodhi is the third ranked odi spinner in NZ since NZA tour to India late last year with additional instructions from Hesson to improve his batting.

Sodhi actually has some more than useful batting talent. As does Tastle, tho.

I'll take all or any of the 3 in an odi incl Santner ahead of Jeetan Patel tho who thankfully retired.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Munro is in top form. I've really wanted him to go well. The belligerent top order batsmen getting the innings going has often been a hallmark of a NZ ODI team going well. He seems to be playing a couple of cricket shots today and not going hard at everything.

Meth

Staff member
Great 50!!

I just wrote that Munro needed to pull his head in and focus now as he is susceptible after he raises his bat...and then he slashed at one and nicked it to the keeper

Meth

Staff member
Guptill out to an awful, awful ball. Pretty underwhelming 48 tbh- an innings that never got going. SR of 66. Fakhar gets his first wicket. A proud moment for him and his family, particularly mother Fakhar

Meth

Staff member
Nicholls needs to have a bat here. Not sure why he's a certainty, but he still definitely has to prove his worth.

Meth

Staff member
Very good ton from Williamson. Hopefully, it's the beginning of a needed surge from him

Iafeta

Referee
Good century Kane. Excellent effort from Nicholls at the moment as well. He's becoming quite a good #6 in ODIs. Munro was awesome again earlier.

Still I think they're 20 short. The foot hasn't quite down.

Meth

Staff member
Williamson is out. 115

Presumably, Santner's coming out- but I would have liked to see Southee

Iafeta

Referee
Geez Pakistans top order rivalling West Indies in the derp stakes. 3 down in no time. Gentle pull stroke to fine leg lol

Latest posts