What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightleftin

Juniors
What's happening with Auburn this year?

Do they still exist? One things is for sure, the NSWRL is not going to tell anyone what is going on.

There was a post here earlier that suggested that the comp would consist of only 18 rounds this year, which suggests only 10 teams but I cant work out who else would be gone - are Blacktown going to have a side?

kbw

Bench
I agree its really hard to find out who is playing in what competitions.
I have only just found out Mounties are not playing SS this year.

rightleftin

Juniors
I agree its really hard to find out who is playing in what competitions.
I have only just found out Mounties are not playing SS this year.

Mounties have had a very informative website in the past but they have gone silent. The only reason I can think of for them deleting the SS team is that they must be running and financing a Flegg team.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My understanding with Shield was 11 teams, 18 rounds, but since then it looks like Hills are out so just the ten teams

- Asquith Magpies
- Belrose Eagles
- Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
- Cabramatta Two Blues
- East Campbelltown Eagles
- Guildford Owls
- Moorebank Rams
- Penrith Brothers
- St Marys
- Wentworthville Magpies

Not sure why Mounties have withdrawn but Wests have withdrawn as ECE have stepped up as their sole feeder at SS level.

Either way it won't matter *too* much as I'm fairly sure the Shield comp ends this year anyway.

Timmah

Staff member
For RMC... 18 rounds as well,

- Asquith Magpies
- Cabramatta Two Blues
- Concord Burwood Glebe Wolves
- Guildford Owls
- Hills District Bulls
- Mounties
- Penrith Brothers
- St Marys
- Wentworthville Magpies
- Western Suburbs Magpies

11 teams by the looks.

Timmah

Staff member
I would say that it will matter quite a bit to East Campbelltown and Belrose if the SS ceases to be played.
The "won't matter" line wasn't a general comment about SS if you read my post correctly, it was a reference to the unknown reason Mounties have withdrawn from the competition.

And wouldn't you think ECE and Belrose would look at fielding a side in RMC instead?

rightleftin

Juniors
The "won't matter" line wasn't a general comment about SS if you read my post correctly, it was a reference to the unknown reason Mounties have withdrawn from the competition.

And wouldn't you think ECE and Belrose would look at fielding a side in RMC instead?

I think there is a case for ECE to move into RMC but I think they know they have a chance of winning trophies at SS level but could never get close in RMC. Belrose, on the other hand, have been nowhere near RMC standard in recent seasons.

imgunawin72

Juniors
For RMC... 18 rounds as well,

- Asquith Magpies
- Cabramatta Two Blues
- Concord Burwood Glebe Wolves
- Guildford Owls
- Hills District Bulls
- Mounties
- Penrith Brothers
- St Marys
- Wentworthville Magpies
- Western Suburbs Magpies

11 teams by the looks.
When do you think the seasons for RMC and SS will kick off?
If there are only 18 rounds , they will finish early if they start early March as per usual.

Timmah

Staff member
As per my posts on previous pages, the RMC and SS comps aren't set for kickoff til April. Hence no draws yet.

rightleftin

Juniors
East Campbelltown have retained most of their 2017 SS squad and added Shannon Gallant (Narellan), Bryce Shaw (Wests) and Vinnie Ripepi (Mounties). Gallant's presence has been partly offset by the loss of Ben Baker, who ironically, has moved to Narellan.

The players announced as retained are: Grant Lahey, Brett Lahey, Sean Connor, Chris Standing, Amano Tovio, Mason Taloula, Ronny Palumbo, Aaron Teariki, Theo Leato, Jarryd Eggleton, Givoanni Vatuvei, Fusi Toutai, Ben Jankowski, Kobi Chamberlain, Adam Soultan, Maddison Mirko and Sam Kimi Ione.

Apart from Baker, other notable omissions are John Da Silva, Craig Moustakis, Fred Tevaga and Jordan Strickland.

Tarantosaurus

Juniors
Good on you. Whats your role? They back training yet? Any good signings or relying on bulldogs again?

I'm put in as Team Manager. Really willing to utilise the skills I picked up at Cabra, and bring it to Moorebank.

We go back to training next week. So far I'm unfamiliar with the team, but I hope we don't rely on the Bulldogs too much. It's anyone's guess so far. :D

Timmah

Staff member
Just a pre-season game from what I understand - I dare say they'll be using Goddard, NSO and Leichhardt like in 2017.

rightleftin

Juniors
Just a pre-season game from what I understand - I dare say they'll be using Goddard, NSO and Leichhardt like in 2017.

Glebe will be playing several games with their new partner, Newtown at Henson Park. The only possibility of playing at North Sydney is if they were drawn against Asquith and that club allocated some games to its partners' ground.

earl park riot

Juniors
Yes, most games at Henson this year with a couple at Goddard. Possibly one or two at Leichhardt if the Intrust and RMC draws can't align.

Status
Not open for further replies.