What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 3 darkhorses for season 2018

King hit

Coach
Wests Tigers. They have completely moved on from the joke that is Taylor and the mess that is last year is gone. Josh Reynolds and Matulino are good signings. If Matulino fires he can be a damaging front rower and Reynolds is exactly what they need. He is a very passionate player who always rips in every game and he will give the Tigers a good kick and will motivate them. Cleary is also a very underrated coach, Penrith made a mistake getting rid of him.

They will miss Teddy greatly though

POPEYE

Coach
Should be between Storm/Cowboys/Roosters for The 'Real Deal' Shield but the bounce of the ball cup in a fairytale season could have the Knights/Warriors/Dragons 'Horny' and surprising everyone

It is obviously the Roosters, Storm and Cowboys who will be the top 3. But I predict that the NZ Warriors, with Tohu Harris and Blake Green in the side, and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson showing their brilliance, will possibly make 4th place. So it is the NZ Warriors who will be the dark horse.

However a grey horse is Newcastle. Now that they have acquired Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson, as well as Shaun Kenny-Dowell and Aiden Guerra -- three of whom were winners of the 2013 Grand Final for the Roosters -- Newcastle will appear like the Roosters reserve team, and possibly make the 8, at the expense of Manly.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Cronulla
Easts
Newcastle

*I'm extremely grateful no one's giving Parra the Kiss of Death.

I find it weird Cronulla aren't being talked about more. If they can get their new signings worked into the system early they could do anything. Disappointed last year really.

King hit

Coach
Some people might be overrating the cowboys. I remember everyone in 2012 said how wonderful the Warriors would be on the back of a charmed run the year before. Look how that turned out.

MrBlack

Juniors
If were talking improvement then

St George - recruited well and proved they can play.
Penrith - should be more consistent, no more long runs of losses followed by a run of wins.
Newcastle - may take a while to gel and this may cost them a place in the 8, but they will improve

Going Backwards/stay the same

Souths - new untested coach, not convinced with their roster.
Warriors - no need to explain
Canberra - need a hooker, fast. Halves need to improve

Will be interesting to see the

Bulldogs - have the roster, but do they have the coach??
Eagles - Could be a case of second year syndrome for the coach. No recognised #6
Cronulla - Moylan not the player they think....... Halves are Moylan/ Townsend??
Cowboys - JT and Scott are not young and coming off long injury spells.