What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mcgregor watch this!

Old Timer

Coach
Cue in the rack ? Switched off ? Is that what happened. What a luxury that must be to be so supremely confident against a team that's 2nd on the ladder and have won 6 from 8 ( One loss in golden point ).
Maybe you mean they got a bit tired, I don't think Bellyache or Smith do "cue in the rack".
It wasn't 2 late consolation tries after the 60 minute mark, it was 4, 3 tries in 12 minutes from the 60th minute then a late try on the bell. I'm more inclined to think it was our forwards winning their battle and a 60/40 possession to us that did it, but unfortunately too late. With Widdop we could have done a lot better considering he was carving it up before his injury and would have stepped up against his old team.
The better team won - actually they lost just 4 games from 27 last year.
I meant exactly what I posted.
They scored 6 tries to our 1 by the 60 minute mark.
Job done and they coasted and took no unnecessary risks to key players for the last quarter of the game.
If we had of scored a couple of tries just after half time the Storm would have executed a completely different 2nd half.
We may have been 2nd on the ladder but were always imposters and good coaches and good sides new exactly what they had to do to put us away.
The Eels and Storm showed us up for what we really were and later on so did some of the teams below us.
I never fell for the we are good because we led the comp bull shit.

kit66

Bench
I meant exactly what I posted.
They scored 6 tries to our 1 by the 60 minute mark.
Job done and they coasted and took no unnecessary risks to key players for the last quarter of the game.
If we had of scored a couple of tries just after half time the Storm would have executed a completely different 2nd half.
We may have been 2nd on the ladder but were always imposters and good coaches and good sides new exactly what they had to do to put us away.
The Eels and Storm showed us up for what we really were and later on so did some of the teams below us.
I never fell for the we are good because we led the comp bull shit.

I was going to continue our little chat about that game but f**k me, it's like I'm being sucked over to the dark side.

Old Timer

Coach
I was going to continue our little chat about that game but f**k me, it's like I'm being sucked over to the dark side.
More than happy to talk about anything.
IMO it's only the dark side for those that believe, that we are, what we are not, namely the real deal or contenders.
I try to be realistic and try not to get sucked into false dawns as I have seen far too many of them with this club.
I would like nothing better than to see us do really well but IMO there is little there to suggest under present conditions that will happen.
Happy to post positive things when warranted but also happy to call a spade spade although some might consider it a shovel.
The comments from Mc Fookknuckle re tries from kicks and if the field was 98 metres are more than enough for me to know that whilst he is around we are little more than sparring partners for the heavyweights and if the heavyweights want to, they can knock us out at any time of their choosing.

Old Timer

Coach
Quite clearly you’ve lost your sparkle..
Quite correct obviously I am not Mark Mc Gaw nor am I "Hammer" who posts in the other place.
Anyway back to footy Mc Fookknuckle is a complete dud and thank god for youtube where many of the thrills of our once great club can be conjured up.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Steve Price is the worst thing that has happened to the club during the JV years, he was a disgrace.
How on earth do you take a club that had all the silverware there is to win in their trophy cabinet and turn them into wooden spoon favourites within one year?! I'm sorry, but that man was a blight on our team. I think calling him an assistant coach is way to complimentary for the glorified water boy that he was.

As for not having the old mates card, he played for St.George in the Super League era, so he was well and truely in the boys club to get the head coaching job and before we forget, 2015 Mary got us into the 8 with not a great team. I'm not saying that Mary's the greatest coach to ever live, far from it, but I think he's flaws are just due to the system he's been graded under, thrown in and try to swim, just like Nathan Brown was. Only difference is, Browny at least had some good coaches in his day as a player and was trainer for Origin under Gus, Mary had the likes of Andrew Farrah as a coach and Loz for Origin. What was Prices excuse?
Mary was also his attacking coach.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Quite correct obviously I am not Mark Mc Gaw nor am I "Hammer" who posts in the other place.
Anyway back to footy Mc Fookknuckle is a complete dud and thank god for youtube where many of the thrills of our once great club can be conjured up.
I don’t feel like we’ve really discussed my little pony in any great depth..

I feel a bit mislead by your comment that you are happy to talk about anything..

Latest posts