What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Intrust Super Cup

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Draw announced today. qrl.com.au/news/2017/12/13/2018-intrust-super-cup-draw/

Uploading into the LU site with updates all year at http://bit.ly/2018ISCDraw

Thread for general discussion across the season :)

Big Salad

Juniors
Channel 9 games move to Saturdays at 12 midday for March, then 1pm from April onwards. Very disappointing change.

Timmah

Staff member
guessing it's to fill the gap left by NYC which used to be on then

League guru

Juniors
That is a disgraceful change.

They obviously don't want it clashing with NRL games. The NRL can go f**k off for all I care.

I have to agree. I prefer watching the Intrust Cup to the NRL. Besides you don't have to listen to the likes of Fittler, Johns, Warren and Co.

Timmah

Staff member
That is a disgraceful change.

They obviously don't want it clashing with NRL games. The NRL can go f**k off for all I care.
No shit they don't want it clashing with NRL games. It's not like they're putting all games on at midday Saturday ffs, it's one game a round.

Brutus

Referee
I have to agree. I prefer watching the Intrust Cup to the NRL. Besides you don't have to listen to the likes of Fittler, Johns, Warren and Co.

Sunday was fine, leading into the NRL. Perfect for the QRL. Oh we can't clash with precious little NRL!! It was fine the last couple of years and it should be into the future.

Give this comp the respect it deserves. It's ONLY televised game should be shown a decent slot like it was the last few years. In fact, there should more than 1 televised game but that's another story.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hey I used to look forward to the ABC game on Saturday afternoon. Usually hung over, made some toasties and watched some footy, with the wife out and the kids running around.

I will be watching.

Timmah

Staff member
FFS some of you are acting like it's been put on at 2am Tuesday.

Brutus

Referee
Hey I used to look forward to the ABC game on Saturday afternoon. Usually hung over, made some toasties and watched some footy, with the wife out and the kids running around.

I will be watching.

2pm or 3pm much nicer on a sat.

12pm 1pm has a Commonwealth/ Schoolboy Cup feel to it.

I'll be watching when I can but I know many who will not at midday especially l for the first few rounds.

It seems like a leap backwards for what it a great comp.

We need to start seeing more of these games on the Fox League channel. Surely they can at least show the PNG home games on replay during the week. 1 game a week is not enough in the modern age!

Timmah

Staff member
2pm or 3pm much nicer on a sat.

12pm 1pm has a Commonwealth/ Schoolboy Cup feel to it.

I'll be watching when I can but I know many who will not at midday especially l for the first few rounds.

It seems like a leap backwards for what it a great comp.

We need to start seeing more of these games on the Fox League channel. Surely they can at least show the PNG home games on replay during the week. 1 game a week is not enough in the modern age!
Have you followed footy this long still to have no clue whatsoever how rights agreements work?

ALX25

Juniors
I also will be watching.

So who will be the front runner next season? Who will be a slider next season?

Brutus

Referee
Norths have signed a few players.

Peter Fraser will be happy.

Will probably be the usual good start to the season followed by the crash.

Bring back Darryl 'Two Pots' Gray.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Souths Logan for the win!!!

Judging by how defending premiers have fared the last few seasons, it'll be intriguing to see how PNG go. Add in to that, the positive impact that their World Cup attendances and team performance saw.

expansionist

Juniors
Like many others, I think I was generally OK with the Saturday switch. I have pleasant memories of ABC RL coverage at 4pm Saturday.

When I found out it was Saturday midday... oh god what a pile of crap. Such an unfriendly time for matches. Channel nein does it again.

Brutus

Referee
Like many others, I think I was generally OK with the Saturday switch. I have pleasant memories of ABC RL coverage at 4pm Saturday.

When I found out it was Saturday midday... oh god what a pile of crap. Such an unfriendly time for matches. Channel nein does it again.

I agree. Midday/1pm is a massive slap in the face for the comp.