What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
If Cook can't go past Farah now he probably never will!

If they were cars--Cook would have 50,000kms up & Robbie about 300,000 kms on the clock.
I'm surprised that Robbie is still competitive against his much younger opponent in Cook.
Farah's had about 13 yrs of tough grind in the NRL & Cook only 50 games;most as a replacement. It really should be no competition for Cook,yet,I think it is!!

No.9 is very much a potential weakness for us & we should be keeping our eyes open for a top recruit in this posse!
A weakness? We have two guys capable of playing the role.

southsport

First Grade
If Cook can't go past Farah now he probably never will!

If they were cars--Cook would have 50,000kms up & Robbie about 300,000 kms on the clock.
I'm surprised that Robbie is still competitive against his much younger opponent in Cook.
Farah's had about 13 yrs of tough grind in the NRL & Cook only 50 games;most as a replacement. It really should be no competition for Cook,yet,I think it is!!

No.9 is very much a potential weakness for us & we should be keeping our eyes open for a top recruit in this posse!

I don't mind Farah playing hooker as long as Seibs finds another position for Cook and the only other position I can realistically think of is fullback..........can't see that happening somehow.

Travitoh

First Grade

I very much agree with this. A hooker would be my number one priority now that we know Crichton isn't staying.

I don't mind Farah playing hooker as long as Seibs finds another position for Cook and the only other position I can realistically think of is fullback..........can't see that happening somehow.

I reckon he might be able to cover Cody at 6 if needed.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
For mine I don't think we have seen anywhere near the best of Cook yet,he has been under Hasler & Madge both very structured in their approach to the role a hooker should play.
I hope Seibs lets Cook off the leash at hooker as I have great confidence that he has plenty of running metres in the right directions adding up to many try assists.
Defensively he's no better or worse than Farah,so we won't lose anything there,IMO his mojo suits our younger lads better and would add to the free flowing footy I hope we can rediscover!

Travitoh

First Grade
For mine I don't think we have seen anywhere near the best of Cook yet,he has been under Hasler & Madge both very structured in their approach to the role a hooker should play.

One could argue Isaac Luke played his best footy under Madge

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I hope Seibs lets Cook off the leash at hooker as I have great confidence that he has plenty of running metres in the right directions adding up to many try assists.
Defensively he's no better or worse than Farah,so we won't lose anything there,IMO his mojo suits our younger lads better and would add to the free flowing footy I hope we can rediscover!
Cook is a speed bump in defence. He has an attack true, but it's panicky and poor at times. You need more than just speed. Farah has defence and attack, unfortunately he's older and plays selfishly.

No one's a winner here.

I very much agree with this. A hooker would be my number one priority now that we know Crichton isn't staying.

I reckon he might be able to cover Cody at 6 if needed.

Agreed. The market isn't flush with young up and coming hookers though

ONLY other was already in the starting side. Not as a replacement for injury/suspension.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Issac Luke comes off contract at the end of this year. Do we give him one more final season in Red and Green to bring up a decade with the club and get him as backup?

handyman2190

Bench
I'd love to see Issac back as he was one of my favs but I can't see it happening. The Warriors have killed his career sadly.
Sorry mate were have u been issac killed his own carreer he screwed us the last 2 years suspensions and bullshit injurys . Wake up he is gone thats it i wouldnt take him for free. You never look back cook may not be the 1 i admit time to look for a new hooker

This year is going to be the least stable we've had in some time... I'm not sure how you can possibly see it as anything different?

We have a completely new coach and coaching staff for the first time since 2011. We will have a completely new game plan which will have been untested at the top level.

Our best player is under an injury cloud and no one can tell us where his best position will be, going forward. Our best young player is signed to a different club in 2019. Our longest serving player was past it two years ago and to top it all off, we can't seem to decide on a starting hooker.

Everyone used to complain that Madge had no plan B... We don't even know what Seibolds plan A will look like as he's never been a head coach anywhere before... At least when Madge took the role we could see that he'd had success in Super league. Seibold hasn't even been head coach of an NYC team and yet somehow he's miraculously skipped all of that and jumped straight to the top.

After all of that... I can't see how anyone can think we will have any sort of stability this year?

What happens if this magic plan of Seibolds doesn't work? What does he fall back on? He can't call on
his years of experience at the top level to come up with new ideas.

This year is basically guaranteed to be rubbish... Hopefully at least that will force the board to finally jettison Richo and get us into the market for a decent chief and proper coach for 2019.

What has happened around the place in the last 18 months is shambolic and smacks of a complete lack of professionalism. It's been a return to the bad old days.

southsport

First Grade
This year is going to be the least stable we've had in some time... I'm not sure how you can possibly see it as anything different?

We have a completely new coach and coaching staff for the first time since 2011. We will have a completely new game plan which will have been untested at the top level.

Our best player is under an injury cloud and no one can tell us where his best position will be, going forward. Our best young player is signed to a different club in 2019. Our longest serving player was past it two years ago and to top it all off, we can't seem to decide on a starting hooker.

Everyone used to complain that Madge had no plan B... We don't even know what Seibolds plan A will look like as he's never been a head coach anywhere before... At least when Madge took the role we could see that he'd had success in Super league. Seibold hasn't even been head coach of an NYC team and yet somehow he's miraculously skipped all of that and jumped straight to the top.

After all of that... I can't see how anyone can think we will have any sort of stability this year?

What happens if this magic plan of Seibolds doesn't work? What does he fall back on? He can't call on
his years of experience at the top level to come up with new ideas.

This year is basically guaranteed to be rubbish... Hopefully at least that will force the board to finally jettison Richo and get us into the market for a decent chief and proper coach for 2019.

What has happened around the place in the last 18 months is shambolic and smacks of a complete lack of professionalism. It's been a return to the bad old days.

No offence intended DKOR but that summation is a bit too negative, for me it's onwards and upwards!!!

Latest posts