What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Does Anthony Seibold have a nickname, with the mob he's got at his disposal just to have been a Bellamy apprentice won't be scary enough to frighten the opposition. He'll earn the tag 'Messiah' if he pulls a f**king rabbit out of a hat in Redfern

Losing Crichton isn't as big a deal as letting Crichton be poached, a vibe-killer extraordinaire to match the Groundhog Day Group he'll be expected to reincarnate. The not so funny thing is that if Anthony doesn't work a miracle he'll have to answer to Rusty, who it seems has as beautiful a mind as Gagai . . . f**k knows what Dane is thinking, maybe he wants to keep the nickname 'Martyr'

ed-grimley

Bench
The Gold Coast is no more alien to RL than Melbourne, all that needs to happen is the right infrastructure, culture, mindset . . . or whatever the f**k you want to call it . . . put in place. Brenko Lee is a good signing because he's a good player that will have to prove he's keen to get a run, he has to fight for a spot

Melbourne is successful because players have to be keen, nowhere to hide and certainly no place to dawdle. Saying the GC is carcinogenic to sport is bullshit, the team doesn't need to have 'locals' playing in it, doesn't need to have local business supporting it and doesn't need 'homesick' Qldrs

The Titans just have to win, the joint has only to become another stronghold that shouldn't be but is . . . just needs Brennan to be the catalyst
They do have the rich tradition of RL on the Coast going for them.

POPEYE

Coach
They do have the rich tradition of RL on the Coast going for them.
They don't need it any more than Melbourne did, any shithole can house the leading RL club team on the planet given the right circumstances

Bellamy and his entourage just happen to be operating out of Melbourne, they could just as easily be operating out of Perth or the Gold Coast. The Storm could've been a replica of the current GC since '98 and my decision to shitstir my family/friends by buying a jersey would've backfired big time . . . thank f**k there's a Footy God watching over me

ed-grimley

Bench
They don't need it any more than Melbourne did, any shithole can house the leading RL club team on the planet given the right circumstances

Bellamy and his entourage just happen to be operating out of Melbourne, they could just as easily be operating out of Perth or the Gold Coast. The Storm could've been a replica of the current GC since '98 and my decision to shitstir my family/friends by buying a jersey would've backfired big time . . . thank f**k there's a Footy God watching over me
Wish there was a footy god watching over me and my team.

POPEYE

Coach
Judging by recent pictures of Kasiano I may have to review assessment of him, it's now easy to remember he's only 27, a year older than McLean. Makes you wonder which other players would've shaped up if they were told they'd be shipped out if they didn't

Doesn't have to be just weight orientated, I'm sure Sam will be getting bags full of 'inspired thinking' and not merely the brown paper type. If 'culture' makes such a big f**king difference . . . following instructions, injury management, fitness management, camaraderie . . . why doesn't every club make a big deal out of it

Not as if players are made to wear a 1% patch and be ready to die for each other . . . maybe being stranded on a desert island helps. The Seagles used to kind of live in a world of their own, the Cowboys do and the Knights have the makings. Raiders were once-upon-a-time culture driven, maybe the new breed have had their balls shriveled by the cold

. . . I forgot the Roosters, the cocoon they live in certainly helps

POPEYE

Coach
The tragic death of Ottio should make a big difference in the new world of player welfare management. If a man from his part of the world has succumbed to the heat it's not hard to imagine how close the Brits came when and where they were asked to play the World Cup

Any pig hunter will tell you what happens to a dog when it's body temperature exceeds 38 degrees and refuses to rest, there is no coming back and a gruesome sight, a lesson only having to be learnt once. Now perhaps the NRL will think twice about taking the game to Darwin or parts nearby . . . no-one looks for pearls in Sydney Harbour

Each year the game is becoming more physically demanding, another death from over exertion no matter whose fault will give the media a field day. Training and playing RL at those latitudes during daylight has always been irresponsible

POPEYE

Coach
As far as I'm concerned the next best thing to being a one-club-player advocate is taking the completely opposite view. None of that f**king wishy washy crap where players say they must make a 'career' move, forced to greener pastures to feed their families

Maloney says the change will do him good but the truth is he's worn out his welcome at the Sharks, he rightfully thinks his shit doesn't stink because he wins games . . . or at least shows the way. He's fairdinkum, something the NRL is not when they don't protect clubs from poaching one-clubbers, James is only taking the piss when he says he's looking forward to 'helping Penrith's youngsters'

What he's really looking forward to is again taking a club from rags to riches, a club that might've got there sooner or later without him but has the means to explode with success that can be attributed to his good self. No-one tells James what to do, everything he does is for his benefit alone . . . why not when the game is run by people with the same agenda

POPEYE

Coach
At last, something of real interest in the off-season aside from doom and gloom, the Belmore Boardroom Battle. Old timers like myself will tell you there was no harder team to play than the once great Bulldogs that were ruled by Peter Moore, the man easily a match for Nick Politis

If the Dogs can be taken back to the days when 'culture' was born in Canterbury Bankstown we again might see the mighty juggernaut roll over all before it. Of course changing the hierarchy won't be enough, the Dogs will have to breed pups again rather than buy them already trained . . . but at least it may be a start

Not sure the current street culture of SWS is conducive with the dreams of the remnants of the Moore dynasty but if they can get more youngsters in the area to play RL, create one-clubbers, they will be doing Australia a favour

POPEYE

Coach
Freddy's off to a good start, getting the NSW boys together to train under the hot sun with the blessing of the clubs, shows the power of the man. Would've been smarter to train under lights at the same cooler time of day Origin is played but electricity is so f**king expensive these days

Blues Riff

Bench
Mate, it's only the emerging players squad. I don't think he needs to simulate battle conditions just yet. At this stage he'll learn more from a players attitude on a hot "day off".

ed-grimley

Bench
As far as I'm concerned the next best thing to being a one-club-player advocate is taking the completely opposite view. None of that f**king wishy washy crap where players say they must make a 'career' move, forced to greener pastures to feed their families

Maloney says the change will do him good but the truth is he's worn out his welcome at the Sharks, he rightfully thinks his shit doesn't stink because he wins games . . . or at least shows the way. He's fairdinkum, something the NRL is not when they don't protect clubs from poaching one-clubbers, James is only taking the piss when he says he's looking forward to 'helping Penrith's youngsters'

What he's really looking forward to is again taking a club from rags to riches, a club that might've got there sooner or later without him but has the means to explode with success that can be attributed to his good self. No-one tells James what to do, everything he does is for his benefit alone . . . why not when the game is run by people with the same agenda
I can't see anything wrong with being a mercenary when you provide value to clubs like Jimmy does - who knows, he might be able to drag Penrith over the line.
Loyalty is easier to achieve when sponsorship money is falling like ticker tape at the Broncos.
Mind you I would have been pissed off if Nathan Hindmarsh finished off his career at St George or Manly.

POPEYE

Coach
I can't see anything wrong with being a mercenary when you provide value to clubs like Jimmy does - who knows, he might be able to drag Penrith over the line.
Loyalty is easier to achieve when sponsorship money is falling like ticker tape at the Broncos.
Mind you I would have been pissed off if Nathan Hindmarsh finished off his career at St George or Manly.
Nothing wrong with it all, I prefer Maloney's pay-up-or-shut-up philosophy over pretentious club swapping . . . in his first year with Penrith he will make them real hard to beat

POPEYE

Coach
This forum is the only sector of social media I participate in, according to Wiki there are more than a dozen ways people can interact without physically talking to each other. I've never even sent a text to anyone, my little fliptop mobile phone has a red and green button and a list of 'contacts' . . . that's all I need to know

Can't imagine how much shit I'd get into if I got involved in Facebook etc, my missus has threatened my life if I ever touch her 'page'. I don't post links or pictures because I couldn't be bothered going to the trouble of remembering how, so what you read from me is all you're ever going to get . . . luckily

The point is, hypocritical as it may sound, if I thought Hayne for example was actually reading this forum I would cease incessantly denigrating him as being overrated. I reckon I'm easily capable of cyberbullying anyone but content to just have a little fun retaliating to jibes on here

Having grand children of my own and seeing that young lass suicide is a reminder that people have limits, there's a fine line between abstract and direct intimidation. News media are by far the worst bullies but it is wise to consider how many small parts make a whole, not nice to realise a cynical push can turn to a mental shove

T-Boon

Coach
The point is, hypocritical as it may sound, if I thought Hayne for example was actually reading this forum I would cease incessantly denigrating him as being overrated. I reckon I'm easily capable of cyberbullying anyone but content to just have a little fun retaliating to jibes on here

Can you also confirm that you have been joking all this time about your love of Bellamy.
You really agree with us all that he has been the ruination of the code right???

POPEYE

Coach
Can you also confirm that you have been joking all this time about your love of Bellamy.
You really agree with us all that he has been the ruination of the code right???
I can confirm that 'us' is a smaller version of US and leaders of both suffer the same malady . . . an answer to your question would only be fake news

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey, either Twizzle is playing funny-buggers or someone has started upping this thread's views by the thousands . . . wonder what poor obsessive soul would do that

Not that I'm complaining mind you . . . I have trouble getting a reflection from my mirror

POPEYE

Coach
If Dean Pay wants Woods to hurt opposition players like he did, maybe he should've kept Graham to show him how. James would've fitted a lot better if he played before 'NRL', Dean would've been less effective if he played the modern game, Dogs' supporters will hope the new direction isn't a roundabout

Won't be long before players carrying the ball will be banned from shoulder charging, should be the final nail in the coffin of 'intentional hurt', it's the last hurdle for the do-gooders. Block busting forwards would do better to concentrate on off-loading rather than pain, elbows/shoulders/foreheads are outdated

POPEYE

Coach
Nathan Blacklock on the news says Central West NSW should have a team in the NSW Cup . . . whodathought

Silent Knight

First Grade
Crikey, either Twizzle is playing funny-buggers or someone has started upping this thread's views by the thousands . . . wonder what poor obsessive soul would do that

Not that I'm complaining mind you . . . I have trouble getting a reflection from my mirror

I wouldn't put it down to just "someone" Pops, your thread generates a lot of interest from many forumers because you have some rock solid opinions on rugby league that are worth reading about. That's why your thread is in the main NRL forum while that other, lesser, pure imitation thread has been relegated to the cave where it belongs. You should give yourself more credit Pops.

Also on Gagai, I reckon you're just taking the piss in that dark horse thread trying to get a nibble, but defense is a big part of a centre's game. It's not all about scoring tries but stopping them as well. Centre is the hardest position to defend in a team but the best centres in the game are proficient at it. I hope Gagai improves his defence but the truth is he was a big liability for my team in that regard.

Latest posts