What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

De tmTrajic

Juniors
This year is going to be the least stable we've had in some time... I'm not sure how you can possibly see it as anything different?

We have a completely new coach and coaching staff for the first time since 2011. We will have a completely new game plan which will have been untested at the top level.

Our best player is under an injury cloud and no one can tell us where his best position will be, going forward. Our best young player is signed to a different club in 2019. Our longest serving player was past it two years ago and to top it all off, we can't seem to decide on a starting hooker.

Everyone used to complain that Madge had no plan B... We don't even know what Seibolds plan A will look like as he's never been a head coach anywhere before... At least when Madge took the role we could see that he'd had success in Super league. Seibold hasn't even been head coach of an NYC team and yet somehow he's miraculously skipped all of that and jumped straight to the top.

After all of that... I can't see how anyone can think we will have any sort of stability this year?

What happens if this magic plan of Seibolds doesn't work? What does he fall back on? He can't call on
his years of experience at the top level to come up with new ideas.

This year is basically guaranteed to be rubbish... Hopefully at least that will force the board to finally jettison Richo and get us into the market for a decent chief and proper coach for 2019.

What has happened around the place in the last 18 months is shambolic and smacks of a complete lack of professionalism. It's been a return to the bad old days.
Interesting & thought provoking. Let me take it point by point.
The back up plan.

Unfortunately, this is our back up plan. Our failure as a club & first gade team goes back to the final whistle of the 2014 grand final. That whistle was the full time whiste of 43 year of pain with some magical moment. We Souths guys don't ask for much. But it was also the kick off whistle of our next big game.

Keeping in the game type mode, we dropped the ball of the kick off. We had put our hopes on our best player taking us ahead. It was a no plan, no game plan situation with the goal posts constantly moving. After 3 years of not challenging we are now trying to play catch up football, in the driving rain, down 21 nil at half time & kicking the ball out on the full from the kick off.

Now we finally see our chances of success are a little bit limited. Again our goal posts change. Now we are building for the future. Not aiming to challenge this year or even next year but maybe in GI's last year? Sounds a bit like a movie script. We the faithful, we who walked the walk with little kids to fight the big end of town are now fighting the same part of town all over again. The game continues but with the 3 best buys of the year we are battling to prevent a white wash.

Lucky for us we do have a coach who was a vital cog in the queensland SOO team. He managed to keep all but one of best & we are still alive.

GI, AJ & GAGS spin some magic & with our pack firing we fight back. No, we don't win the title. I'm not a pot head. Not since my days at New South uni, any way. I'm just being optimistic. Have to be . I'm a Souths guy. Through & through.

This time lets make sure our next gang of champions are formulating & maturing at the tight time so they can take lead. This way the dream stays alive & i hate that the darkside can do what does but we still have 21 & all they will have is uncle Nick's cheque book.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Shadows Wish...I hope souths owners/management learn from their mistakes by letting our grand final winning team to dismantle so fast far better steps need to be put in place if we are ever to be a top 4 team again we are truly far from it at present,we therefore need to lock up the best of our nucleus players such as the storm/broncs/cows/easts do...

I still to this day cant fathom the idiotic thinking of crowe and co to let our great team fall away surely crowe aint that stupid.....well he was the proof was in the pudding after 2014....let that be a lesson for you rusty us souths members/fans/sponsors etc etc etc demand far far better than how you orchestrated souths demise from being the #1 club back then in 2014...

Rusty look where easts are now why did you let us fall apart please explain i pain each day since after losing these champion players after 2014/15/- teo/bully/dwalkz/mcqueen/api/auvaa/lote...

Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Shadows Wish...I hope souths owners/management learn from their mistakes by letting our grand final winning team to dismantle so fast far better steps need to be put in place if we are ever to be a top 4 team again we are truly far from it at present,we therefore need to lock up the best of our nucleus players such as the storm/broncs/cows/easts do...

I still to this day cant fathom the idiotic thinking of crowe and co to let our great team fall away surely crowe aint that stupid.....well he was the proof was in the pudding after 2014....let that be a lesson for you rusty us souths members/fans/sponsors etc etc etc demand far far better than how you orchestrated souths demise from being the #1 club back then in 2014...

Rusty look where easts are now why did you let us fall apart please explain i pain each day since after losing these champion players after 2014/15/- teo/bully/dwalkz/mcqueen/api/auvaa/lote...

Shadow...
In one positive there was a rumour they are looking at locking up Murray long term....

They also need to lock Fui down and pronto....

Every time I watch Brown perform for Parra it hurts....

Yes oh how it fell to pieces Shadow...... I'm getting emotional thinking about it....

When next season has its tough moments I'll go back and watch that 2014 prelim and GF to cheer myself up somewhat....

Oi Shadow mate I'm still gutted about how we let Bryson go....... a dumb dumb decision mate..... we should've offered him 2 more years Shadow...... he had one good year left in him and if he fugged up as he was past it in 2019 just play him at Norths.....

Goodwin was like the Nightingale of our side Shadow and I'm quite frankly and honestly disgusted in our management for letting him go.......

When you've a very young squad overall you don't let a previously performing international class player leave....... it's just so ameteurish.........

I'm starting to fire up now and I haven't done so in a while.....

That passion is stirring in me as we get closer to the season.....

Last edited:

De tmTrajic

Juniors
ld have to disagree.
We need Critchton in the team this year.
We are a better team with him on the park that's for sure.
He's a professional footballer and I'm sure he will give his all for the club whilst he is here.
You have a short memory Shadow.
Tugger Coleman left Souths for the magpies and Mario left for the Bears.
These 2 still two of my favs though.
I've still got my Smiths Crisps no.12 jumper I got when I was 16 as that was Mario's number when hookers wore 12.
I got George Piggins and Ziggy Niscot to autograph the jumper when we were out of the comp and played and fundraising game in Maitland.
I took my family up for that game. Such i distant memory. Those were the hardest years.

Itsamansgame

Juniors

Shadow...
Crowe is to busy with his blonde harem,Mrs Crowe,Mrs Burgess,Mrs Crocodile Hunter,christ he even had a crack at Adele when she was out here and it was a big crack at that!

Latest posts