What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Apey

Staff member
Seems like the mental game has totally reversed. Now Nadal can't beat Federer. Wonder how the rest of their matches this year would have gone had Nadal not given up a lead in the big one at the Aus Open.

LatK7

First Grade
That match from Fed was next level. He had Nadal under so much pressure on every point.

He's always had it over Nadal on fast courts, but this wasn't even a match. It was a beatdown. Given that Fed has even beat Nadal on very, very slow hardcourt this year (Miami), you have to wonder how this will affect Nadal's confidence. Fed has him completely worked out. Strange days.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So the Summer of tennis has begun.....

Kyrgios just looks like he's strained and drained.....

He has reasonable tape behind his knee so no doubt he will use that as the excuse if he starts losing a match in the Aussie Open......

Kyrgios making Ebden look like a top 50 player....

Ebden had 2 break point chances early in the deciding set but let Nick off and now Nick has the break.....

He's had the trainer out twice as well to re-strap it more heavily/tightly...

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good win to the Aussies over Canada in the Hopman Cup the other day.....

Much tougher tonight against Germany though....

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a win for De Minaur the 18 year old over Raonic in Brisbane....

There is some Lleyton Hewitt in him....

Valheru

Coach
Didn't see them but congrats to Nick...... really big win....

Also I heard De Minaur did himself proud.....

Nick was in imperious form in the 2nd and 3rd sets. He is a genuine top 5 player in the world on hard court and can go far in the aus open if he keeps his head screwed on.

Young Alex did himself proud. He had his chance to win the match in the 2nd set tie breaker but from there ran out of gas. I can't see him going too far over 5 sets at this stage of his career. He is perhaps a year or 2 off making the 2nd week of a slam.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Kyrgios with that has now improved his ranking from 21 to 17.....

Has a good shot if his heads screwed on of reaching 4th round and possibly quarters at best you'd say....

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Kyrgios with that has now improved his ranking from 21 to 17.....

Has a good shot if his heads screwed on of reaching 4th round and possibly quarters at best you'd say....
If his knee holds up, only Novak can stop him, and he will underdone.

If he keeps his head straight this is his best chance so far to win a major.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If his knee holds up, only Novak can stop him, and he will underdone.

If he keeps his head straight this is his best chance so far to win a major.
Federer and Goffin could probably stop him too....

Let's be fair dinkum here......

If he makes the quarters and bows out I reckon Nick would be quite happy with that...

Valheru

Coach
I have never seen someone so unexcited to win a title lol. Hopefully it means he is 100% focused on Australian Open.

Now ranked 17, he should get a top 16 seed with a withdrawal or 2 (Murray is now ranked lower so that doesn't help) which will give him protection until the 4th round.

His issue, as usual, will be motivation through the early rounds. He is better off being drawn against tough unseeded opponents.

This is definitely his best chance to do something in a slam. I hope he pulls out of that fast 4 stuff tonight if his knee is not 100%

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Federer and Goffin could probably stop him too....

Let's be fair dinkum here......

If he makes the quarters and bows out I reckon Nick would be quite happy with that...
The only one that would be real trouble outside of them will the young german kid, Ranked 4th.

This is honestly his best chance, hopefully the people around him are telling him that.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wow what a tough round 1 at the Aussie Open for De Minaur playing Berdych in the first round in what will be a Rod Laver Arena night prime time match....

He'll be better for the experience.....

If he wins a set that'd be a magnificent effort....

Wizardman

First Grade
This slam is absolutely ripe for someone to get their maiden slam.....in both mens and ladies.

Federer is the fav....but I can see Goffin and Dimitrov make a big charge here.

It is NEVER been so open for the ladies. Not a first timer but Kerber is making all the right moves this month.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Wow what a tough round 1 at the Aussie Open for De Minaur playing Berdych in the first round in what will be a Rod Laver Arena night prime time match....

He'll be better for the experience.....

If he wins a set that'd be a magnificent effort....

He wont die wondering, the maturity that De Minaur is showing in his game is refreshing to watch and with no carrying on or antics.

Latest posts