What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
Lol. Thanks for your support! You have shown you can work out what has been happening but are still hostile toward me. Im ok but seeing as we actually made some genuine progress in you accepting that this repression is possible, its a start. I would not regard your school as run by bigots . That is very much a cultural thing. The RU tactic of denying rugby league school access is virtually worldwide and has a resultant damaging flow on effect against rugby league in the top end of town and in government worldwide.

Pommy

Coach
Lol. Thanks for your support! You have shown you can work out what has been happening but are still hostile toward me. Im ok but seeing as we actually made some genuine progress in you accepting that this repression is possible, its a start. I would not regard your school as run by bigots . That is very much a cultural thing. The RU tactic of denying rugby league school access is virtually worldwide and has a resultant damaging flow on effect against rugby league in the top end of town and in government worldwide.

One rule for one and another for the other. Ok got it.

Stallion

First Grade
One rule for one and another for the other. Ok got it.

No. Not at all. The treatment of RL worldwide is not culturally based. It is based on bigotry. It is hellbent on not giving the sport any ascendancy or likely potentisl growth. This is not what your school is doing. Your school is doing what the locals love.Rugby union are doing much more than that against rugby league worldwide.

Pommy

Coach
No. Not at all. The treatment of RL worldwide is not culturally based. It is based on bigotry. It is hellbent on not giving the sport any ascendancy or likely potentisl growth. This is not what your school is doing. Your school is doing what the locals love.Rugby union are doing much more than that against rugby league worldwide.

So your saying elite schools aren’t giving their paying customers what they love?
Rich wealthy southeners don’t culturally love union?

Stallion

First Grade
So your saying elite schools aren’t giving their paying customers what they love?
Rich wealthy southeners don’t culturally love union?

Money isn't culture! Your school played rugby league as it is genuinely popular. Rugby union is not genuinely popular. Its a sport that has been propagated by elite schools. Most in fact all Elite private schools are known to take on other football codes but not rugby league. Their is a difference. They (elite private schools)specifically not allow rugby league to be played and have let other codes be played. This is consistent throughout the world.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Money isn't culture! Your school played rugby league as it is genuinely popular. Rugby union is not genuinely popular. Its a sport that has been propagated by elite schools. Elite schools are known to take on other football codes but not rugby league. Their is a difference. They (elite private schools)specifically not allow rugby league to be played and have let other codes be played. This is consistent throughour the world.

But it is popular, much more popular than League sadly.
My school didn’t not play by accident.

Stallion

First Grade
But it is popular, much more popular than League sadly.
My school didn’t not play by accident.

I would suggest given what RU had been doing behind the scenes its not a genuine popularity. Its seen as popular not for the sport but its connections and social ascendancy that allign with a sport that has been essentialy forced upon students with the better version of rugby league being repressed by various untoward and establishment based means. Essentially rugby unions popularity mostly stems from artificial hegemonic propagation and adoration whereas you will find rugby league is genuinely popular where given a chance to be played and grow. This has happened in the more open society of Australia. It was happening in France but RU got the sport outlawed before it overtook union (Just an example in point ). Their are other examples of this repression around the world. I have a telltale article about South Africa if you would like to read it.

Attachments

• RL.The plight of South African rugby league.pdf
    28.8 KB · Views: 1

DC80

Juniors
There is the same inequality as there is with American football,handball, baseball any other of a 1000 sports that aren’t played in schools.

Oh no some loser on the Internet said I’m not a true fan, I may as well go end myself.
Given that Stallion believes Rugby league MUST be played in schools, I hope he campaigns as vigorously for the sports you mentioned and all the others.

His continuing use of "worldwide" makes no sense given RU is of interest to less than 5% of the planet. Both codes are niche sports. Where exactly should RL be bigger Stallion? Be specific and stop trotting out this worldwide line.

I would suggest given what RU had been doing behind the scenes its not a genuine popularity. Its seen as popular not for the sport but its connections and social ascendancy that allign with a sport that has been essentialy forced upon students with the better version of rugby league being repressed by various untoward and establishment based means. Essentially rugby unions popularity mostly stems from artificial hegemonic propagation and adoration whereas you will find rugby league is genuinely popular where given a chance to be played and grow. This has happened in the more open society of Australia. It was happening in France but RU got the sport outlawed before it overtook union (Just an example in point ). Their are other examples of this repression around the world. I have a telltale article about South Africa if you would like to read it.

First you demand that RU people/schools ditch their cultural heritage, now you are telling them they don't genuinely like RU?

So the latest YouGov poll where more viewers ranked RU as being more interesting than RL, are they brainwashed?

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/01/10/what-most-boring-sport/

Your views are borderline fascist.

Where has Rugby league grown btw? 100 years later it is still largely played in the same two pockets, the north of England and the east coast of Australia. The product does not resonate with the masses. I like it, most people I know did not - and they have no interest in RU either before you throw the "bigotry" accusation at them. I've been in places when RL has come on and the channel is changed, Students Union in a north of England university being one such place.

Last edited:

DC80

Juniors
Sky Sports has the rights to Super League, yet it doesn't feature in their promotional advert for 2018.

As much as that shocked me as someone who watches SL, most people do not. Darts over Christmas has rated higher than many games. Some Super League games get an audience of 50k.

Rather than constantly throw around blame at other people like Stallion does we need to address the issue of why few people watch the game at the stadium (8500 average), at home, and why participation numbers are falling (44k people in the country play RL). http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2017/02/15/popular-sport-england/rugby-league/

There has never been a better time to grow a sport with the endless options to view it. There are no excuses.

Stallion

First Grade
Sky Sports has the rights to Super League, yet it doesn't feature in their promotional advert for 2018.

As much as that shocked me as someone who watches SL, most people do not. Darts over Christmas has rated higher than many games. Some Super League games get an audience of 50k.

Rather than constantly throw around blame at other people like Stallion does we need to address the issue of why few people watch the game at the stadium (8500 average), at home, and why participation numbers are falling (44k people in the country play RL). http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2017/02/15/popular-sport-england/rugby-league/

There has never been a better time to grow a sport with the endless options to view it. There are no excuses.

Lol. Your rant is so unfair! You sheepishly try to lower the very influential reach that rugby union has courtesy of its force fed propagation within the very mobile and affluent elite private school system. Your tact is predicatble yet dissappointing as you are on a rugby league site yet are doing your bit to deflect the injustices and continued repression of a clearly more democratic to play and entertaining to view code in rugby league over its influential (through convenient contacts and position)ugly big brother in rugby union . Their has clearly been a 'bully' in this scenario which is worldwide in a scholastic sense. Rugby league, a more democratic to play form of rugby is absolutely being 'persecuted' in all manner of establishment ways and still miraculously survives . This should not be seen as a badge of honour for the code but a reflection and indictment of the subversive and deliberate manouvering big ugly 'brother ' union has been deceitfully affecting through establishment based means like: use of government legislation to outlaw rugby league, black banning of players that choose to play RL, the shunning of rugby league as a sporting option in elite private schools, and the manipulation of media and local government authorities to name just a few tacts used in their repression of its better looking younger sibling code in rugby league. Shame on you DC80! You purport to be a rugby league fan yet you are doing the deflection role for a very dodgy and unworthy code of rugby in union. I've surprisingly/disappointingly seen the deflection tact before on this rugby league site. So I'm very aware of the way it works and how it justifies the repression of rugby league. Once again shame on you! And trying to discredit the messenger is reflective of your fake stance and regard for rugby league. You're an imposter and no doubt doing your subversive role in your own deceitful way. Rugby union will no doubt appreciate your deflective rant but hopefully your fake premise can be seen to be what it is, a fake and deceitful deflection of what essentially is the truth about the struggles of the worthy code of rugby league.
Btw. I have tv ratings statistics that would shock your tv perception/regard for rugby keague as a code. You choose the convenient aspect of university(*with many students funneled through private schoolng ) as an apt telltale story of rugby league being not popular? Shock horror. No wonder with the repressive environment this code has had to endure over many decades! Try looking at the free to air tv ratings of the much maligned international rugbyleague compared to rugby union tests. Games of rugby league played in Australia have humiliated tv viewing figures of a rugby union test played in England on repeated occasions. Not just once numerous times. And yet you use the loaded scholastic environment to show rugby league as being unpopular!? Shame on you!

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Given that Stallion believes Rugby league MUST be played in schools, I hope he campaigns as vigorously for the sports you mentioned and all the others.

His continuing use of "worldwide" makes no sense given RU is of interest to less than 5% of the planet. Both codes are niche sports. Where exactly should RL be bigger Stallion? Be specific and stop trotting out this worldwide line.

First you demand that RU people/schools ditch their cultural heritage, now you are telling them they don't genuinely like RU?

So the latest YouGov poll where more viewers ranked RU as being more interesting than RL, are they brainwashed?

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/01/10/what-most-boring-sport/

Your views are borderline fascist.

Where has Rugby league grown btw? 100 years later it is still largely played in the same two pockets, the north of England and the east coast of Australia. The product does not resonate with the masses. I like it, most people I know did not - and they have no interest in RU either before you throw the "bigotry" accusation at them. I've been in places when RL has come on and the channel is changed, Students Union in a north of England university being one such place.

Notably you quote me falsely in your first sentence! I have not said 'MUST' as you so deceitfully put it. I advocate rugby league as a sports option. You will find that given an even presence natural sports justice will take place. And I believe the more democratic/ inclusive to play version in rugby league would be the code preferred by most developing participants sportswise. With rugby league being shunned in elite private schooling throughout the world, this sporting option is not available. So if your aim is to discredit me at least quote me correctly. Your deflection tact is in mode again. Hope genuine RL fans can see through your sheepish denial and subversive stance toward the code of rugby league. I do agree that poor administration within RL is a real factor in this lack of real growth for the code. But somehow I think this has been supported in some way by union people at the top end of town as well. Remembering rugby league is up against very manipulative, influential, highly educated and deceitful supporters of a rival code in union. If rugby league were allowed the same access and favours as afforded rugby union, you would clearly have rugby-league as the dominant rugby code. This is the thrust of my intent of informing through such a discourse. I'm aware the deflectors are at play on a rugby-league site but it is what it is! The good guys plough on regardless . The bad guys deny, insult and deflect the truth. Reality on this rugby-league web site. However sadly refective of what's occuring in the big picture.

Last edited:

DC80

Juniors
Lol. Your rant is so unfair! You sheepishly try to lower the very influential reach that rugby union has courtesy of its force fed propagation within the very mobile and affluent elite private school system. Your tact is predicatble yet dissappointing as you are on a rugby league site yet are doing your bit to deflect the injustices and continued repression of a clearly more democratic to play and entertaining to view code in rugby league over its influential (through convenient contacts and position)ugly big brother in rugby union . Their has clearly been a 'bully' in this scenario which is worldwide in a scholastic sense. Rugby league, a more democratic to play form of rugby is absolutely being 'persecuted' in all manner of establishment ways and still miraculously survives . This should not be seen as a badge of honour for the code but a reflection and indictment of the subversive and deliberate manouvering big ugly 'brother ' union has been deceitfully affecting through establishment based means like: use of government legislation to outlaw rugby league, black banning of players that choose to play RL, the shunning of rugby league as a sporting option in elite private schools, and the manipulation of media and local government authorities to name just a few tacts used in their repression of its better looking younger sibling code in rugby league. Shame on you DC80! You purport to be a rugby league fan yet you are doing the deflection role for a very dodgy and unworthy code of rugby in union. I've surprisingly/disappointingly seen the deflection tact before on this rugby league site. So I'm very aware of the way it works and how it justifies the repression of rugby league. Once again shame on you! And trying to discredit the messenger is reflective of your fake stance and regard for rugby league. You're an imposter and no doubt doing your subversive role in your own deceitful way. Rugby union will no doubt appreciate your deflective rant but hopefully your fake premise can be seen to be what it is, a fake and deceitful deflection of what essentially is the truth about the struggles of the worthy code of rugby league.
Btw. I have tv ratings statistics that would shock your tv perception/regard for rugby keague as a code. You choose the convenient aspect of university(*with many students funneled through private schoolng ) as an apt telltale story of rugby league being not popular? Shock horror. No wonder with the repressive environment this code has had to endure over many decades! Try looking at the free to air tv ratings of the much maligned international rugbyleague compared to rugby union tests. Games of rugby league played in Australia have humiliated tv viewing figures of a rugby union test played in England on repeated occasions. Not just once numerous times. And yet you use the loaded scholastic environment to show rugby league as being unpopular!? Shame on you!
I can't stand the middle class snobbery and hyprocisy of RU, it has a disgraceful history, so I'm deflecting nothing. It's not my cup of tea. In your opinion RL is more entertaining, a majority of viewers in England view RU as more entertaining. You can't force your views on other people. Attendances, viewing figures and participation numbers are poor for RL. It's you who is deflecting this issue by putting the blame on Private Schools, a tiny percentage of schools in the country.

RU is a niche sport with only one country where it is the national sport, NZ.
RU has nine legitimate nations, Eng, Ire, Scot, Wales, France, NZ, Aus, South Africa, Argentina.
2007 RUWC final had 33 million viewers, 97% of which came from 8 of those countries (Argentina's audience didn't register) http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10761073

The biggest RU game, and 33 million of the 7 billion people on the planet were interested. The vast majority of that 33 million coming from 8 countries, when there are over 200 countries on the planet. Almost as many people in just England watched the 1966 FIFA World Cup final (32.3 million https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_FIFA_World_Cup_Final ).

RU is a small middle class school game played in private schools, invisible to the other 90% plus of the country. Given its tiny footprint, why do you keep focusing on this tiny minority? What about the rest of the country who have no interest in either code? Or the 95% of the planet who have no interest in either code?

Free to air tv you mentioned. The RLWC just gone, the BBC only showed the England games, and it was relegated to BBC2 with BBC1 showing Homes Under the Hammer. The audience isn't there.

How you or I view RL is very different to other people. It's a niche sport, as is RU, that is of interest to a small pocket of people.

The only thing that holds RL back is RL. The product does not appeal to the masses. Either we accept that or we change it to make it more appealing.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
I can't stand the middle class snobbery and hyprocisy of RU, it has a disgraceful history, so I'm deflecting nothing. It's not my cup of tea. In your opinion RL is more entertaining, a majority of viewers in England view RU as more entertaining. You can't force your views on other people. Attendances, viewing figures and participation numbers are poor for RL. It's you who is deflecting this issue by putting the blame on Private Schools, a tiny percentage of schools in the country.

RU has nine legitimate nations, Eng, Ire, Scot, Wales, France, NZ, Aus, South Africa, Argentina.
2007 RUWC final had 33 million viewers, 97% of which came from 8 of those countries (Argentina's audience didn't register) http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10761073

The biggest RU game, and 33 million of the 7 billion people on the planet were interested. The vast majority of that 33 million coming from 8 countries, when there are over 200 countries on the planet. Almost as many people in just England watched the 1966 FIFA World Cup final (32.3 million https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_FIFA_World_Cup_Final ).

RU is a small middle class school game played in private schools, invisible to the other 90% plus of the country. Given its tiny footprint, why do you keep focusing on this tiny minority? What about the rest of the country who have no interest in either code? Or the 95% of the planet who have no interest in either code?

Free to air tv you mentioned. The RLWC just gone, the BBC only showed the England games, and it was relegated to BBC2 with BBC1 showing Homes Under the Hammer. The audience isn't there.

How you or I view RL is very different to other people. It's a niche sport, as is RU, that is of interest to a small pocket of people.

The only thing that holds RL back is RL. The product does not appeal to the masses. Either we accept that or we change it to make it more appealing.

The 'focus' on this tiny footprint as you put it is based on an assessment that the private school sector are extremely influential at the top end of town, be it government or business. A bias against the code of rugby-league has occured over many decades and this has restricted/ repressed the progress/growth of rugby league in most places around the world. You have underestimated the power and intent of anti rugby league sentiment against the code of rugby league. An example of how this repression of rugby league has occured is in the following attachment article which is well put together by a New Zealand journalist that follows both

Attachments

• RL.The plight of South African rugby league.pdf
    28.8 KB · Views: 0

Stallion

First Grade
Smith was making the clubs accountable, also he was not bowing to News Ltd.

He is a big loss for our sport.

Agree. He was also cognisant of gaining eventual presence of rugby league in 'taboo like' realms of elite private schools. Something that is sadly missing as an aim in current RL development thinking.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
The 'focus' on this tiny footprint as you put it is based on an assessment that the private school sector are extremely influential at the top end of town, be it government or business. A bias against the code of rugby-league has occured over many decades and this has restricted/ repressed the progress/growth of rugby league in most places around the world. You have underestimated the power and intent of anti rugby league sentiment against the code of rugby league. An example of how this repression of rugby league has occured is in the following attachment article which is well put together by a New Zealand journalist that follows both

Nobody is going to read your f**king South Africa link.

Pommy

Coach

I agree with almost all of that.
I don’t believe the issue is that the sport doesn’t appeal but that the sport continues to sell itself short and fails to give people the chance to experience it.
You only have to read Facebook to see how many fans hate the teams in France, Canada, London or even f**king Gateshead.
Rugby league has a lot of issues but the ones of its own creation far outweigh the ones imposed by union.

Stallion

First Grade
I agree with almost all of that.
I don’t believe the issue is that the sport doesn’t appeal but that the sport continues to sell itself short and fails to give people the chance to experience it.
You only have to read Facebook to see how many fans hate the teams in France, Canada, London or even f**king Gateshead.
Rugby league has a lot of issues but the ones of its own creation far outweigh the ones imposed by union.

I'd suggest external( union inspired) and internal (incompetent poorly directed administrators ) are the main cause of rugby league's issues. Repression is a big part of it and so is incompetent people administering the code.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Nobody is going to read your f**king South Africa link.

Did you read it? And I'm intrigued to know why the article which displays how the repression of rugby league takes place would not be read? It's a very detailed and revealing article. Is that a tad too much reality for so called rugby league supporters?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
I will give you two guesses.

Just wanted a straight up answer Pommy. Not a quiz ! Its a very good article. It reveals how people in power can influence the destiny of a sport. Rugby league being the sport in focus not only in South Africa but elsewhere. The article shows exactly how the unfairness is perpertuated. He has a telltale conclusion which identifies the source of this repression. The source happens to be " Fear" . And that is fear of rugby league becoming the dominant code of rugby!

Status
Not open for further replies.