What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Nona the BRONCO

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Maybe he was unlucky not to play FG with us.
Maybe he wasn’t good enough to be chosen.
Maybe he didn’t have the trust of his teammates to demand selection.
Maybe, sh*t happens.
Maybe(more like definitely)none of us know the real answer & it’s convenient to lump this at the foot of the club(not that they are squeaky clean).
But seriously, a thread about a player to never make FG & has moved on from the club.
How soon until Round 1?

Mate only 50 odd days to go it will seem like 300 days.
But I am pleased with what I am seeing so far.
They are a happy the players and that helps.
Hopefully a much improved year and more consistent year.
I like how the players have turned up back at training this year.
Top 6 is what we sould be able to get.
If not then major changes are needed in the staff and players.
Any rate where all on the rollercoaster and there is no getting off now.

Life's Good

Coach
So....players from Cutters / lower grades that never make it to firsts aren't to be discussed. Anything else ? Maybe you can make us a list. Either that or stay out of threads that aren't up to your standards.

Nona I think was well down the list of options for 1st grade halves anyway when Widdop went down, with players like McCrone, Field, Mann ( not that I think he's a half at all - back up only as last resort ) And don't forget that Drew Hutchinson would likely have been given a shot if no for his his injury and if not sooner. That's not to say Nona didn't serve us well and played some great games for the Cutters, especially in 2016 he deserves some respect. I enjoyed watching him play and I honestly feel for him not getting on the big stage where I don't think he would have let us down. People saying he was sh*t are talking sh*t. I hold nothing against Mary either for not picking him considering the other options, would have been a huge call - our first game without Widdop was against a red hot Melbourne side.
Who said anything about not discussing Cutters or lower graders still with the club(trying to put words in my mouth methinks).
The thread is about Nona who isn’t with the club the last time I checked. I expressed the same sentiment as others in this thread which I am perfectly entitled to do. After all, it’s a public forum.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Don't let the truth get in the way of a forced argument!

You think if JD was our coach in 2017 Nona wouldn't have played first grade?

The truth?

Well, Nona: zero NRL experience.

Demetriou: zero NRL experience.

Notice the paradigm here?

The experience with Steve Price should have every Dragons' fan wary of anyone without the credentials of succeeding at the top.

kit66

Bench
Who said anything about not discussing Cutters or lower graders still with the club(trying to put words in my mouth methinks).
The thread is about Nona who isn’t with the club the last time I checked. I expressed the same sentiment as others in this thread which I am perfectly entitled to do. After all, it’s a public forum.

Pedantry aside we are indeed discussing Nona, who are you to declare him suddenly persona non grata and make fun of everyone in this thread discussing him.
One of the most annoying things on forums are people who go into threads and moan about what a pointless thread they think it is. As welcome as a wet sock.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
So what's the odds CRUSH that NONA plays first grade this coming season .over to you mate if he's so bad 100/1 is the going rate I will take a small amount say 100 mate thats 10000 bucks are you game

Life's Good

Coach
Pedantry aside we are indeed discussing Nona, who are you to declare him suddenly persona non grata and make fun of everyone in this thread discussing him.
One of the most annoying things on forums are people who go into threads and moan about what a pointless thread they think it is. As welcome as a wet sock.
So it’s pedantic now because you realise I didn’t question Cutters/lower graders which you accused me of doing. Nice try for deflection.
You accuse me of making fun of others in my post. Care to point those out?
While you’re at it, in your self appointed role as forum cop, will you be questioning the merits of other posters who have the same opinion about this thread as me?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
While you’re at it, in your self appointed role as forum cop, will you be questioning the merits of other posters who have the same opinion about this thread as me?
Well that depends..

In my opinion this thread sucks..

Are you with me or against me?

Drakon

Juniors
The truth?

Well, Nona: zero NRL experience.

Demetriou: zero NRL experience.

Notice the paradigm here?

The experience with Steve Price should have every Dragons' fan wary of anyone without the credentials of succeeding at the top.
JD - attacking coach for the 2015 NRL premiers - Cowboys
JD - assistant coach to Wayne Bennett, Broncos 2017

Held in high regard by most.

Yeah, no NRL experience!

Drakon

Juniors
So it’s pedantic now because you realise I didn’t question Cutters/lower graders which you accused me of doing. Nice try for deflection.
You accuse me of making fun of others in my post. Care to point those out?

But seriously, a thread about a player to never make FG & has moved on from the club.

Doing a lot of posting on a thread you don't like. LOL

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
JD - attacking coach for the 2015 NRL premiers - Cowboys
JD - assistant coach to Wayne Bennett, Broncos 2017

Held in high regard by most.

Yeah, no NRL experience!
in fairness, steve price is also a double premiership winning assistant coach too..

Life's Good

Coach

Doing a lot of posting on a thread you don't like. LOL
True that.
But why should I accept someone trying to paint me as something Im not?
Would you accept it?