What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Cricket

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can vouch for this.

Confidence and stamina plays a huge role.

I was playing a 3-day match for Parramatta, and my oppobents were batting. They were something like 4/225, and I'd taken all 4 wickets.

My captain bowled me to the ground - I ended up with figures of 7/97 off 45 overs (bearing in mind I'm an all-rounder!).

I took the last wicket to win us the game by 6 runs, but because I'd been overworked, my bowler had green confidence (taking wickets, bowling tight, getting the batsmen to play and miss), but no stamina - I could not get the ball to go faster than 128kph, and I could barely swing or seam the ball. My dude was rooted!

Accuracy and pace changes were still there, but it was a real struggle!
Got those batting stats?? Hundreds and fifties???

Storm13

Juniors
Was coming off a bad streak of low score which saw my average drop 5 runs.

The other thing was my batting partner scored a 100* and finished the over then the declaration happened. I would suggest in similar circumstances to get to 100 first.

Was coming off a bad streak of low score which saw my average drop 5 runs.

The other thing was my batting partner scored a 100* and finished the over then the declaration happened. I would suggest in similar circumstances to get to 100 first.
I have an awful habit of accidentally charging spin and getting stumped or caught at short leg with perfect timing on a big hit

My first wicket was deflected off my hand to mid on

AJB1102

First Grade
I was playing a test the other day and lost a few quick wickets after the tea break, so I thought bugger this, I don't want to lose any more wickets before stumps so I blocked almost every ball for about 20 odd overs

I'm still on DB14 but I reckon I've only ever blocked 2-3 balls after I found the block option. I play a shot every ball cause I'm shit and have to accumulate off 1s, 2s & 3s for the most part. Unlike McCullum I fear the air.

Storm13

Juniors
I'm still on DB14 but I reckon I've only ever blocked 2-3 balls after I found the block option. I play a shot every ball cause I'm shit and have to accumulate off 1s, 2s & 3s for the most part. Unlike McCullum I fear the air.
How do you block (ps4) after playing DB14 I suddenly couldnt block but instead play a defensive shot, and it's the same in Ashes?

Rabbits20

Immortal
How do you block (ps4) after playing DB14 I suddenly couldnt block but instead play a defensive shot, and it's the same in Ashes?
Same thing I guess is block or defensive shot....

But yes it's called defensive shot on DB14.......

Rabbits20

Immortal
What are your stats in career mode???

In tests in career mode I have found if I play attackingly I works at first but not again and again...

My strike rate was like 99 and now it's down to 85-86 per 100 balls and dropping...

Avg is great though like 52.15 with 11 centuries in that including 3 doubles....

Storm13

Juniors
Same thing I guess is block or defensive shot....

But yes it's called defensive shot on DB14.......
When first playing DB14 I could block, then as time went on block became defensive shot which would be a hit looking for singles. Same thing in Ashes 17. Going through batting tutorial it ask me to hold R2 and move R stick in direction to Block, each time I do it it just plays a defensive shot for a single.

Now if I switch controls to the other style Triangle is block and it works. I have no idea what' wrong?

Rabbits20

Immortal
When first playing DB14 I could block, then as time went on block became defensive shot which would be a hit looking for singles. Same thing in Ashes 17. Going through batting tutorial it ask me to hold R2 and move R stick in direction to Block, each time I do it it just plays a defensive shot for a single.

Now if I switch controls to the other style Triangle is block and it works. I have no idea what' wrong?
When I block/defensive shot in DB14 I rarely get a single......

AJB1102

First Grade
What are your stats in career mode???

In tests in career mode I have found if I play attackingly I works at first but not again and again...

My strike rate was like 99 and now it's down to 85-86 per 100 balls and dropping...

Avg is great though like 52.15 with 11 centuries in that including 3 doubles....

Not sure of my stats, mate. Where do I find them?

Yeah I find the same. If you try bite off too much you'll get done. I often get up a head of steam against a slower/spinner bowler and tonk him back over his head clean as twice but after that I usually skew one and if I keep going I'll be out before his over is done.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not sure of my stats, mate. Where do I find them?

Yeah I find the same. If you try bite off too much you'll get done. I often get up a head of steam against a slower/spinner bowler and tonk him back over his head clean as twice but after that I usually skew one and if I keep going I'll be out before his over is done.
Well if you play career mode they have options at the bottom of screen and you see them from there...

If you are just playing as a whole team then I'm not sure...

If you haven't started up a career mode for DB14 I suggest you do....

It'll be hard going the first 4-5 seasons in career mode but you get so much better over time..... playing 13th year career mode now...

Like my first class avg started around 20 and you just keep building it and now it's about 51......

I scored 112 off 262 balls against India in a test the other week.... took me 6-7 seasons in career mode to make it to test level by the way.....

I bat no.4......

Tests: 11 hundreds plus 41 fifties from 126 innings with 6400 odd runs at 52.15
ODI's 12 hundreds 31 fifties from like 180 odd innings at 34.1 with 6000 something runs............ at one point I only averaged like 17 but I kept building it up...

edabomb

First Grade
Any difference between Bradman 14 on PS3 or PS4? Some times the remastered versions seem to introduce more issues.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
When does the career end in Ashes Cricket? Im currently in the year 2029 as a Lower Order Leg Spinner for Australia.

Played 70 odd Tests and taken 380 wickets at an average of 38.80. Not sure how to keep my average down as I normally bowl 40 - 60 overs per match and the pitch is generally always grassy rather than dusty in Australia. Batting average of 32.

I've sunk so many hours into this game it is not even funny and is actually borderline scary.

Great purchase, most value i've got out of a game in a long time, probably since UFC 2

nöyd

Staff member
lol thank gawwwd for Ashes Cricket, Big Ants AO Tennis has dropped, and it is pure turd.