What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 3 darkhorses for season 2018

Life's Good

Coach
I don't know about the Dragons, it concerns me that they were riding high at the top end of the ladder last year until all of sudden the ink went to paper for their coach and key half, after that they never fired another shot

Ben Hunt will improve them significantly though, wait and see I guess

About the perfect summary of 2017 & what might be for this year. Hunt & Graham will give us improvement but can’t make up for a coach bereft of any creativity or tactical nous.

Spot On

Coach
A blind man with one arm would rival Gagai's defensive prowess Pops. Ponga only needs to pretend to tackle to be as effective. If Gagai can make then Ponga should be fine.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
A blind man with one arm would rival Gagai's defensive prowess Pops. Ponga only needs to pretend to tackle to be as effective. If Gagai can make then Ponga should be fine.
Still, he's going to be great wanker bait when he's MOM after every Souths win . . . more than there were with Newcastle I hope

Pedge1971

First Grade
Thread is about darkhorses. So for mine that rules out teams like Melb, NQ, Roosters, Broncs and maybe Parra. I expect at least 3 of those 5 to be in the top 4. That leaves one top 4 spot and the bottom 4 of 8.

Gold Coast, Knights and Tigers will rise and I reckon at least one will make the 8 against bookies odds.

Only real dark horse I see to win it is Sharks or Parra. Raiders have the talent but not the discipline. Maybe the texas can get em home...would love to see them do well cause at their best they are great to watch.

carcharias

Immortal
Thread is about darkhorses. So for mine that rules out teams like Melb, NQ, Roosters, Broncs and maybe Parra. I expect at least 3 of those 5 to be in the top 4. That leaves one top 4 spot and the bottom 4 of 8.

Gold Coast, Knights and Tigers will rise and I reckon at least one will make the 8 against bookies odds.

Only real dark horse I see to win it is Sharks or Parra. Raiders have the talent but not the discipline. Maybe the texas can get em home...would love to see them do well cause at their best they are great to watch.

I think watching the raiders fans melt down in here out weighs the excitement of the Raiders when they are playing really well.
Both are great
But I think I prefer to see them lose.

Parra roosters GF
Parra to finally win again.

GongPanther

Referee
I think watching the raiders fans melt down in here out weighs the excitement of the Raiders when they are playing really well.
Both are great
But I think I prefer to see them lose.

Parra roosters GF
Parra to finally win again.

Out of most of the clubs,Parra are well overdue for a GF.

Latest posts