What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Judith McGrath, who played Von Ryan in All Saints and also Colleen Powell or Po face in Prisoner has passed away aged 70.
Strangely enough when I saw this on the news this morning, I went who when they mentioned Judith being in the original Prisoner. Luckily tonight's news enlightened me.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Fats Domino, the amiable rock 'n' roll pioneer whose steady, pounding piano and easy baritone helped change popular music, has died aged 89.

Mark Bone, chief investigator with the Jefferson Parish coroner's office in Louisiana, said Domino died of natural causes at 3:30am Tuesday (local time).

Domino sold more than 110 million records, with hits including Blueberry Hill, Ain't It a Shame and other standards of rock 'n' roll.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-26/rock-and-roll-pioneer-fats-domino-dead-at-89/9086790

horrie hastings

First Grade
Fats Domino, the amiable rock 'n' roll pioneer whose steady, pounding piano and easy baritone helped change popular music, has died aged 89.

Mark Bone, chief investigator with the Jefferson Parish coroner's office in Louisiana, said Domino died of natural causes at 3:30am Tuesday (local time).

Domino sold more than 110 million records, with hits including Blueberry Hill, Ain't It a Shame and other standards of rock 'n' roll.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-26/rock-and-roll-pioneer-fats-domino-dead-at-89/9086790

Yes a another great loss to the music industry.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Former teen idol David Cassidy has passed away aged 67, he died of liver and kidney failure and also suffered from dementia.
David rose to fame playing Keith Partridge in the 70's sitcom The Partridge Family and had a successful recording career afterwards.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Former teen idol David Cassidy has passed away aged 67, he died of liver and kidney failure and also suffered from dementia.
David rose to fame playing Keith Partridge in the 70's sitcom The Partridge Family and had a successful recording career afterwards.

He wasn't given much longer a few days ago.

The flood of tears from women throughout the world in their 50s, 60s and 70s will be unprecedented,

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Absolutely devestating news.

Delores O'Riordan, singer of The Cranberries, died overnight aged 46 from causes unknown.

I had more than the hots for Delores during the 1990s as my mates will testify.

She was typical of the unique quirkiness that Irish women have and sparked my interest in the fairer sex in Ireland.

A very, very sad day for me.

Eeriely, a woman (who might have been off her face) burst into a rendition of "Zombie" yesterday morning on the bus I was travelling in. Bizarre.....

Linger came out when I was in Year 11 and amongst the grunge and Euro pop and techno pop of that era was a brilliant light.

Those first couple of albums were huge and they briefly ruled the world.

Delores always had her issues and I hope she finds the peace that eluded her in her life.

:-( RIP

to_ddeath

Coach
Never a massive fan but grew up with the Cranberries on the radio... didn't mind Dreams & a few others.
Very sad. Hope she rests more peacefully with all our other passed musos...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
“Fast” Eddie Clarke, guitarist and last surviving member of the classic Motörhead lineup died a couple of days ago.
Pretty sure that the first really legendary band of my generation who have now all passed on, damn that makes me feel old.

Iafeta

Referee
Gee, the Cranberries were a really ballsy Irish band from my teenage years. I mean, Zombie is as much a great protest song as Sunday Bloody Sunday. They were really quite edgy. I don't know, for me that era of Irish media is dominated for a short period by the Cranberries and Father Ted - another champion who we lost way too early.

RIP Delores