What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan in NZ - Pyjama tour 2017/18

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I know the point he's making, just to me this lineup is less top heavy than with Astle there

CDG's list A batting record aint all that flash neither. CDG needs to deliver for NZ at some point, when that time comes round again, I hope you're right. I think he's good enough to deserve the chance, but he is far from a WC if fit certainty right now.

I really don't think he has secured his place in this odi team as yet. And I'm not convinced KW entirely trusts CDG's odi bowling.

As a fan, I really want to start seeing some match winning performances from him soon with bat and/or ball, be it odi, t20i or even IPL.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Yeah as Lag said, I meant it’s wobbly after Taylor in terms of reliability - we do bat deep.

Munro is away so I don’t see us blowing this, KW and Taylor will play it cool once the run rate is out of the game.

Iafeta

Referee
Pakistan well on top. And the bloke I put the blame on here is Guptill. Munro gets out, and for some bizarre reason Guptill then hits aerially straight down to long on. For such an experienced and proven ODI bat that was sheer utter stupidity.

Pakistan should roll home from here IMO.

JJ

Immortal
Yep Munro was dumb but Guppy was steady then for no reason went full genius... then Ross makes a mistake

Still I'm pleased in a way, some pressure on 5-8 we need something from them

JJ

Immortal
Gotta say the commentators are mud, but still a level above Channel 9 LOL

Iafeta

Referee
I can forgive Munro. It's how he plays. And for the most part it came off. After the first wicket they just had to reset for a few overs. There was no run rate pressure because of Munro. Guptill lost the plot.

Iafeta

Referee
Got to seriously question Latham in the ODI team. At home in particular he is poor at best. Not sure he deserves ongoing selection over a Phillips or a Seifert or a Blundell for that matter.

Game set match IMO