What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
@southsport Lol @ Diego.....

If I get an internet source I quote that source....

If get inside info from the guy who has connections and used to be on the Souths board that's not bullshit...... I only share that with certain deserving people on here.....

Not trouble causers
"Trouble causers"= people not gullible enough to believe you :joy:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Love the conspiracy theory though G.G :joy:

Can't respond to anything I say, so you have to accuse me of being someone else. Way to further expose your insecurity :joy:

OVP

Coach
No, you're Fletch Terrence :joy: No one else would be dumb enough to rate that "South Sydney Rabbitohs for life" Facebook page

Whatever could you mean with such high-level wit as the Roger Federer signing with the Roosters for $400m over 4 years, or even the RTS signing ? haha who would be stupid enough to like that ?

*head slowly turns around to look at Rabbits20 square in the eyes*

:joy::joy:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Whatever could you mean with such high-level wit as the Roger Federer signing with the Roosters for $400m over 4 years, or even the RTS signing ? haha who would be stupid enough to like that ?

RTS doesn't seem to be happy at the Warriors...

So you never know....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
:joy: So you can't argue what I said, but you're still too insecure to ignore it :joy:

Proving my point for me GG

I think R20 is pretty reliable. He’s never told me anything that’s proven to be completely false or made up. Not that I can recall. In fact he messaged me about Angus leaving in July 13th 2017. That was before it even broke the media. Rumours are a very dangerous game though because they can be easily made up so I understand your frustration but R20 has given me no reason to doubt him.

Itsamansgame

Juniors

Mate you must be a closet Bunnies supporter with a hidden desire for Rabbs 20.I wouldn't lower myself for one moment to browse upon a f**king Rorters forum,
And what the f**k does OVP stand for,"Officially Varified Prick"?

southsport

First Grade
This from another forum.

January 17, 2018 6:00am
Nathan Ryan
FOX SPORTS
NRL 2018: Rabbitohs’ round one bolter, Anthony Seibold’s bench plan and backline shake-up

AN unwanted Bulldogs flyer has emerged as a genuine first round bolter for South Sydney as Anthony Seibold prepares to shake up his side.

With the season proper less than two months away, the new Rabbitohs coach has revealed his clever plans for the bench and the changes to his 2018 backline.

In what has ultimately wound up being Michael Maguire’s parting gift to the club, new arrival Richie Kennar is a shock contender to secure a spot on the wing for the Rabbitohs’ season opener against the Warriors in Perth.

But while the paperwork was signed on Maguire’s last day in Redfern, Seibold is no stranger to the 23-year-old.

The coach was serving as an assistant to Craig Bellamy in Melbourne when Kennar made his NRL debut with the Storm in 2015 and while he failed to feature for Canterbury last season, Seibold is tipping big things from the former Australian Schoolboy.

“Richie has had a particularly good pre-season,” Seibold told foxsports.com.au.

“I coached the kid down in the Storm when he played half a dozen games down there.

“He’s someone who has certainly put his hand up to play as a winger in our team.

“We want to see how he goes in the trials but purely from training you could call him a bit of a bolter.”

Kennar played nine top grade games across two seasons before leaving the club and his pre-season efforts shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Blessed with a wealth of exciting young talent in the backline, Seibold is spoiled for choice when it comes to picking his team for round one.

The countless possibilities mean the upcoming trial games against Wigan and St George Illawarra hold even more value.

“They’ve got a bit more competition for spots,” he said.

“Obviously Dane Gagai will play right centre but with the left position we’ve got Rob Jennings, Hymel Hunt and Braidon Burns. There are multiple guys that can play centre.

“We’ve got flexibility in our outside backs. Dane Gagai can play centre, wing or fullback. Alex Johnston can play wing or fullback and Greg (Inglis) is there.

“Campbell Graham’s best position probably is centre even though he’s played on the wing.”

While there’s plenty to consider in the backline including Greg Inglis’ best position upon his return from an ACL injury, the bench is set for a change.

Determined to play an 80 minute hooker this year, rather than carry a No.9 on the interchange, Seibold has revealed he will opt for a utility who can cover multiple positions.

While Tyrell Fuimaono could wind up starting in the backrow if his trial form warrants it, it appears he and Adam Doueihi will battle for the No.14.

“With the HIA rules, it’s really important you’ve got one person on the bench who has good flexibility in the positions they can play,” Seibold said.

“Tyrell has played backrow and centre at first grade.

“Adam played centre in the World Cup and did a really good job playing six in reserve grade last year as well as fullback.

“With the HIA, you see the amount of times a centre, winger or fullback cops a bump, you need some flexibility on the bench. In an ideal world we’re looking to play one hooker so there’s competition for spots there and for our team we’d like to have someone with versatility play there.

“We’ll have some candidates put their hand up over the pre-season.”

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This from another forum.

Nathan Ryan
FOX SPORTS
NRL 2018: Rabbitohs’ round one bolter, Anthony Seibold’s bench plan and backline shake-up

AN unwanted Bulldogs flyer has emerged as a genuine first round bolter for South Sydney as Anthony Seibold prepares to shake up his side.

With the season proper less than two months away, the new Rabbitohs coach has revealed his clever plans for the bench and the changes to his 2018 backline.

In what has ultimately wound up being Michael Maguire’s parting gift to the club, new arrival Richie Kennar is a shock contender to secure a spot on the wing for the Rabbitohs’ season opener against the Warriors in Perth.

But while the paperwork was signed on Maguire’s last day in Redfern, Seibold is no stranger to the 23-year-old.

The coach was serving as an assistant to Craig Bellamy in Melbourne when Kennar made his NRL debut with the Storm in 2015 and while he failed to feature for Canterbury last season, Seibold is tipping big things from the former Australian Schoolboy.

“I coached the kid down in the Storm when he played half a dozen games down there.

“He’s someone who has certainly put his hand up to play as a winger in our team.

“We want to see how he goes in the trials but purely from training you could call him a bit of a bolter.”

Kennar played nine top grade games across two seasons before leaving the club and his pre-season efforts shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Blessed with a wealth of exciting young talent in the backline, Seibold is spoiled for choice when it comes to picking his team for round one.

The countless possibilities mean the upcoming trial games against Wigan and St George Illawarra hold even more value.

“Obviously Dane Gagai will play right centre but with the left position we’ve got Rob Jennings, Hymel Hunt and Braidon Burns. There are multiple guys that can play centre.

“We’ve got flexibility in our outside backs. Dane Gagai can play centre, wing or fullback. Alex Johnston can play wing or fullback and Greg (Inglis) is there.

“Campbell Graham’s best position probably is centre even though he’s played on the wing.”

While there’s plenty to consider in the backline including Greg Inglis’ best position upon his return from an ACL injury, the bench is set for a change.

Determined to play an 80 minute hooker this year, rather than carry a No.9 on the interchange, Seibold has revealed he will opt for a utility who can cover multiple positions.

While Tyrell Fuimaono could wind up starting in the backrow if his trial form warrants it, it appears he and Adam Doueihi will battle for the No.14.

“With the HIA rules, it’s really important you’ve got one person on the bench who has good flexibility in the positions they can play,” Seibold said.

“Adam played centre in the World Cup and did a really good job playing six in reserve grade last year as well as fullback.

“With the HIA, you see the amount of times a centre, winger or fullback cops a bump, you need some flexibility on the bench. In an ideal world we’re looking to play one hooker so there’s competition for spots there and for our team we’d like to have someone with versatility play there.

I think it’s Kennar and Graham/Jennings that’ll be starting round 1. The utility role part is interesting. I think Seibold should go for a utility that can fill in at all the forward positions as well, or at least most of them. We wouldn’t want a wasted bench spot like last year.

themacemaceman

Juniors
“Obviously Dane Gagai will play right centre but with the left position we’ve got Rob Jennings, Hymel Hunt and Braidon Burns. There are multiple guys that can play centre."

That's puts the GI to play centre theory to bed then.

Good to hear about an 80 min Hooker and more of a utility on the bench. Seibold is a thinker!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think R20 is pretty reliable. He’s never told me anything that’s proven to be completely false or made up. Not that I can recall. In fact he messaged me about Angus leaving in July 13th 2017. That was before it even broke the media. Rumours are a very dangerous game though because they can be easily made up so I understand your frustration but R20 has given me no reason to doubt him.
Thanks brother.....

I rarely get anything as you know but if I do you'll know.....

Just like if you find or have a connection from a guy on the rare occasion I'm sure I'll hear about it too....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate you must be a closet Bunnies supporter with a hidden desire for Rabbs 20.I wouldn't lower myself for one moment to browse upon a f**king Rorters forum,
It's great to feel so loved though hahahaha.....

Thanks to him for his continued interest in my truth telling hahaha......
This from another forum.

Nathan Ryan
FOX SPORTS

Cheers Southy...... In past few weeks I have been talking about Kennar.. I'm near certain he will be there Round 1 and Richo said so too........

It seems Farah is out of the equation Southy....

Cook has to play the 80......

If Doueihi plays 14 and Cookie goes down you'd have to think Cody or AR would fill in at hooker...

He will probably go with Fui though......

I honestly wouldn't mind Sutto in the 14 though.....

If Seibs is talking about options for left centre it seems GI shall be fullback unless Seibs is playing mind games..

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
“Obviously Dane Gagai will play right centre but with the left position we’ve got Rob Jennings, Hymel Hunt and Braidon Burns. There are multiple guys that can play centre."

That's puts the GI to play centre theory to bed then.

Good to hear about an 80 min Hooker and more of a utility on the bench. Seibold is a thinker!

I wouldn’t be so sure. I think there is always the option of a rotating fullback. GI’s fitness might not be at the level required for round 1. In this case I think at parts throughout the game AJ will shift to fullback, GI to centre and Graham to the wing.

That leaves a starting lineup of

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Gagai
4. Graham/Jennings
5. Kennar

There’s still a while to go before round 1. I don’t think GI is the confirmed fullback by any means.

doyen

Bench
The team lacked creativity when Cody wasn’t at 5/8th. I don’t mind if he plays fullback but I want a 5/8th on Cody’s level to step up and that would probably be Doueihi or possibly Tracey. The move could work as long as Sutton never goes near the position again. There should be a permanent ban on Sutton even looking at the number 6 jersey.

You'll never guess what JS's position is stated as on our Sths website!!!!

You guessed it--------5/8!

doyen

Bench
I think our No. 9 will be chosen on the utility value of the player.

Farah would cover 9,7 & possibly 6 & 13.

Cook 9 & 1 & possibly the halves. Wing at a pinch!!

OVP

Coach

Yes it does. Wow, you're clever.