What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan in NZ - Pyjama tour 2017/18

JJ

Immortal
With Munro and Santner we have the equivalent of two Marshes catching

Taylor shows them how, and Henry gets the first

JJ

Immortal
Matt Henry looking good again - god he's frustrating, I still think he can be a good international bowler, but he keeps providing mixed (at best) evidence to support that

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Matt Henry looking good again - god he's frustrating, I still think he can be a good international bowler, but he keeps providing mixed (at best) evidence to support that

He's more than proven he is a very fine intl odi opening bowler. Just he clashes with Boult and Southee, not just in swing cos Henry gets better nibble than Southee, but his more limited death options.

He isn't first change, cos Hess likes one express bowler in the team. But if Ferg, Milne, Kuggs and Bennett all fall apart - Henry may return to that role by next WC.

JJ

Immortal
He's more than proven he is a very fine intl odi opening bowler. Just he clashes with Boult and Southee, not just in swing cos Henry gets better nibble than Southee, but his more limited death options.

He isn't first change, cos Hess likes one express bowler in the team. But if Ferg, Milne, Kuggs and Bennett all fall apart - Henry may return to that role by next WC.
2/2 now

He's more than an ODI bowler though, I had test hopes for him

ANTiLAG

First Grade
2/2 now

He's more than an ODI bowler though, I had test hopes for him

I share your disapointment in him in tests. Far too much long hop to back of a length stuff at a pace intl batsmen just hit hard and safely. And when he tries to bowl it fuller, he overpitches too many.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Fergusson strikes,

52/4

Looking pretty tough for Pakistan from here.

Meth

Staff member
57/5

Fergusson just bowled one of the worst balls I have ever seen, then followed it up with a 150 mph wide

JJ

Immortal
WTF Ferguson

Just go back over the wicket this lot are hell bent on self destruction anyway

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Santner getting some big turn here.

Just gets better and better as odi player each year. Very impressive.

Shame he hasn't mastered test cricket.

Iafeta

Referee
Not only is Latham a rubbish ODI bat, there's at least two balls he's made absolutely woeful efforts on keeping to. He looks like he is standing up too quickly to me.

Iafeta

Referee
NZ are the better 0-40 over team. But by god they are an awful 41-50 over team. Inaccurate bowling and really shoddy batting in this series.