What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

saint.nick

Coach
You're so obsessed Mong. It's flattering but disturbing.

Anyway, Mignolet already considering his future according to Oliver Bond on twitter

Every transfer window we’re linked with Aubameyang.Normally Arsenal get mentioned as well..
I’d be shocked if he ended up a Liverpool player.

Well, the UK Daily Mirror are reporting that Aubameyang has already come to personal terms with Arsenal.

Foz

Bench
Well, the UK Daily Mirror are reporting that Aubameyang has already come to personal terms with Arsenal.

I get the impression he’s a talented player but his attitude sucks.His manager does his best to link him to whoever he can as he’s a hard one to sell at the price his client thinks he’s worth.its normally us and Arsenal that get linked with him.
I’d never trust a report he’s signed with anyone until he’s announced by a club.
I suppose everyone has their price and Arsenal may be in need of a striker but it wouldn’t be the first time he’s agreed personal terms with someone according to the papers.https://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/...-dortmund-man-liverpools-next-centre-forward/
Even before Klopp got here we were linked with him.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
PAE is a phenom. Fantastic player, pace to burn, top class finisher.
Absolute shit house attitude if you believe the internet.
He would become a cancer here as he would not be able to get ahead of Firmino in our system.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
You'd have to imagine something is wrong with PEA considering the only club really interested in him is Arsenal.

Lightning fast and can finish which would surely see bigger clubs in for him but nothing. I know he was keen on a move to Madrid a few seasons back but that never materialised. His cost would be massive and that's a risk imo if the attitude/problem child issues are to be believed.

Would rather we go for Pulisic from BVB. He looks like he's going to be a monster of a player.

saint.nick

Coach
Goretzka to Bayern in the summer... *sigh*

Hopefully we can keep Can now
I feel pretty salty hey...if he chose another England club I actually wouldn't mind, but the fact he's just gone to Bayern like a typical bloody German just pisses me off. I know Bayern is a great club, and Munich is a lovely city, but man, winning the Bundesliga with Bayern isn't much of a challenge these days, and I feel like this move is the least ambitious one he could have chosen. I'd much rather go to England where the competition is far more exciting, provides far more exposure, and is injected with far more money, meaning the English clubs will pay more and are going to go through another great spell in Europe for years to come.

cb4

First Grade
That is a piss weak move by Goretzka.
There is no challenge in playing with Munich, they will win the league for the next 10 seasons or more.
Agreed with you Nick, had he gone to Artsenal or City, whatever, at least he is coming to a good league and showcasing his skill.
But to take the easy ride with Munich is a cat move imo.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Can't blame him at all. Bayern are clearly a great club and he's probably been told he'll be key to their midfield going forward. All this talk about it being a piss weak move is just sour grapes as we wouldve liked him.

I would imagine he's comfortable living in his homeland as well so why wouldn't he want to sign for Bayern if they want him.

Mong

Post Whore
Defs sour grapes. He was also probs wary of the being punched in the face factor if playing for Liverpool.

saint.nick

Coach
There is no challenge in playing with Munich, they will win the league for the next 10 seasons or more.
Agreed with you Nick, had he gone to Artsenal or City, whatever, at least he is coming to a good league and showcasing his skill.
I'm also sick of Bayern raiding all the German clubs for their best players, it's ruining the Bundesliga.

saint.nick

Coach
Can't blame him at all. Bayern are clearly a great club and he's probably been told he'll be key to their midfield going forward. All this talk about it being a piss weak move is just sour grapes as we wouldve liked him.

I would imagine he's comfortable living in his homeland as well so why wouldn't he want to sign for Bayern if they want him.
Sour grapes because this guy rejected us for a pissweak option - I hate when any young German player makes the same career move as he does, it's spoiling the Bundesliga.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Disagree, he's going to earn decent money (not as much as he would abroad, but still probably very good money), constantly challenging/winning titles in the Bundesliga (he's never won one), will constantly be playing in the CL, all things footballers aspire to do. Not to mention playing for BM will probably help his chances of starting for the German XI over time.

I think he'd prefer all of those things over showcasing his skill - I sure as hell would. I don't think many players wake up when they're retired and say, geez I had a really successful career but I wish i could've dazzled the crowds away at Stoke.