What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

El Diablo

Post Whore
Fui the playa

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...h/news-story/ceaa24558cec69318671810b17188d92

‘Grow up’: Fuifui Moimoi’s wife has finally had enough

EXCLUSIVE, The Sunday Telegraph
in 40 minutes

THE estranged wife of former Parramatta rugby league cult hero Fuifui Moimoi has written to him demanding a divorce.

Moana Moimoi said her husband, who was let go midweek by his Canadian rugby league team the Toronto Wolfpack, was a “lost child” who “needs help”, and she pleaded for him to “grow up”.

Mrs Moimoi, who lives in Arizona in the US, claims he has been dating other women and she has finally reached breaking point.

“I have sent the letter to him and he should get it any day now,” she said. “He wants to figure out his life, but he isn’t figuring out his life.

“He is still doing his shit and I don’t want to put up with it.

“I have people that live over there in England and Toronto who know me and we communicate. It’s why I told him, ‘I’m going to make it easier for you and I’ll just file for a divorce and you can keep doing what you’re doing’.

“He told me he wanted to come to America at the end of his season with Toronto, which finishes in September. But my parents said, ‘no, he can’t do that and you are not going to wait’. I told Fui what I’m doing and he is one lost child.”

It is not only Moimoi’s personal life that is unravelling.

Toronto parted ways with the troubled prop following a pre-season incident in Portugal.

Moimoi, who played 201 NRL games for Parramatta from 2004 to 2014, joined Toronto in 2016 as their marquee signing. He played 20 games for the Wolfpack, which competes in England’s second-tier championship.

Mrs Moimoi had decided to divorce Moimoi before he was released by Toronto, along with former NRL forward Dave Taylor and Ryan Bailey who were sacked for breaking the club’s protocol.

She has since made contact with Moimoi but he refused to discuss his departure from Toronto.

“I sent him a text saying ‘what have you done now?’,” she said. “He said ‘don’t believe anything that comes out in the newspaper’.

“I was confused — the club wouldn’t have let him go for no reason. Something is up and I’m not surprised. While he was in Canada he got in a bar fight.

“I remember thinking, ‘oh my gosh, you sound like a little kid’.”

Moana also claims Moimoi has been interested in other women over the years. In January last year she gained access to pictures and messages from a woman he was allegedly with, prompting her to post the accusations on Moimoi’s Twitter account.

“One girl from New Zealand contacted me and told me,” she said. “I told Fui he needs to figure out his life or he needs to quit playing and come home if you want this to work.

“I’ve also had girls sending me videos and pictures of him and them together.”

Mrs Moimoi is genuinely worried for Moimoi and his mental state. “It’s sad because Fui can be the nicest person, but when it comes to his personal life he has no direction,” she said.

“He has two kids, (Fa Rocco, 5, and Vaisa Starlite, 2). He needs to grow up. I’ve already given him too many chances, but he genuinely needs help.”

When contacted, Moimoi declined to talk.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It sucks how when the DT cant find get any dirt from the players so they approach the wife who is not happy with the situation but happy enough the dish the dirt on her spouse.

What ever happened to commentating on the sport rather than the players personal lives ?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I remember buying a carton of Flag Ale Long Necks from Changa at his pub in Taree many years ago. Couldn't believe how skinny his legs were given he was an ex footy player.
An absolute legend.
RIP changa.

T.S Quint

Coach
He's a confirmed legend and only an alleged scumbag so let's not prejudge.

I did say 'allegedly'.
It's not like he got off on those charges though. He just died and now can't defend them.
Sadly we will now never know, unless some concrete evidence comes to light (doubtful after all this time).

parra pete

Referee
I knew Reg Gasnier well, but did not know Changa..Both were champion players...two of the BEST I have ever seen, and should be remembered for what they achieved, and not for any unproven allegations..

Attachments

• Reg & Changa.jpg
    Reg & Changa.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 25