What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

T-Boon

Coach
The problem with this season is the Cavs will probably still be just good enough to beat Celtic and make it another Warriors v Cavs final and a total blow out.

Either way it will be a blow out but at least with Boston there would be some unexpected twists.

Wizardman

First Grade
I've watched a lot of Cav games this season. I don't think I've seen a star player play well within himself more than LeBron James. Today, he actually tried to extend himself and had a blinder.
Im not saying he is shit or lazy...but the man certainly doesn't extend himself most games. If he did, the guy would be getting 25+ points per night just from the post alone.

skeepe

Immortal
Man, the Rockets are a bunch of little bitches.

Fancy trying to storm the opponent’s locker room because you lost.

Rod

Bench
I've watched a lot of Cav games this season. I don't think I've seen a star player play well within himself more than LeBron James. Today, he actually tried to extend himself and had a blinder.
Im not saying he is shit or lazy...but the man certainly doesn't extend himself most games. If he did, the guy would be getting 25+ points per night just from the post alone.

What a strange way to describe the MVP.

Wizardman

First Grade
Fancy trying to storm the opponent’s locker room because you lost.[/QUOTE]
Blake Griffin is a tosser of the highest order....but Paul and his dickhead mates outdid him with that stunt.

Rod

Bench
What a strange way to describe the MVP.

In saying that, I actually agree to some extent. A lot of people who cite LeBron's minutes as an issue don't see the tradeoff that LBJ does most games. Yes he averages 37 minutes but in the regular season he takes multiple possessions off to conserve energy. I imagine he's decided that in some stretches the mere effect of him being out there is worth it even if he's only going to go half-speed on some plays.

It seems a strange thing to admit about a guy who is probably going to be MVP, but it makes sense if you think about it. This approach from James is actually the norm. Last year's Westbrook season is what happens when someone goes non-stop for 82 games and it's a) rare and b) inadvisable.

It does make me laugh when LBJ has one of his 'trying' games though. You can normally pick which ones they're going to be as well. Warriors is a no-brainer, Celtics, Wizards etc. One play from the Warriors game, Durant got a half-step advantage on him off the dribble and any other regular season game LeBron probably lets the guy have the layup, but this time LBJ made the effort to keep up with him and pin the shot against the backboard.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Afflalo with the wild haymaker then getting guillotined by Bjelly was one of the best things I've ever seen! Afflalo is a bitch who thought he could intimidate Bjelly but got owned - My 13yo couldve flogged the dick

Question, I know Bjelly got a T minutes before for an altercation with Afflalo, but how does he get ejected for defending himself?!?!

shiznit

Coach
Didn’t any games today but did see this interview with Steven Adams... :joy::joy:

It seriously has to be the most kiwi interview from a dude that hasn’t lived in NZ for over half a decade... :joy::joy:

Aragorn

First Grade
He’s so down to earth SA. None of that playing to the camera celebrity nonsense. Really smart too judging by his answers and analogy. My man crush on him just hit over drive.

shiznit

Coach
Watching Cavs vs Thunder.... 1st quarter ended 43 - 23 to OKC.

Cavs seriously need a big man who can protect the rim.

shiznit

Coach
OKC beat the brakes off the Cavs at the Q... 148-124.

My god the Cavs are lucky to be in the east...

shaggs

Coach
OKC beat the brakes off the Cavs at the Q... 148-124.

My god the Cavs are lucky to be in the east...
Would have been more if they kept going to Adams. Cavs couldn’t stop him.
They need to ship Love and JR out. They are adding nothing.

Who do reckon? Go all out for Davis or deandre??

shiznit

Coach
Deandre would be better because you’d have to give up less to get him... because he only has next year left in his contract where Davis has 3 years after this season.

TBH I wouldn’t trade for either... you’d have to give up too much for either of them... and if you grabbed DJ it still wouldn’t put you over the top of GS.

Can you even play DJ in the clutch?? His FT shooting is pretty trash...

Rod

Bench
Love has had a great season.

DJ and George Hill make sense though. Defense-minded players is what they desperately need. I can't believe how much JR and Thompson have fallen off a cliff. Even supposedly good defensive players like Crowder look like lost kids out there, even on a basic switch there was usually confusion today.

shaggs

Coach
I’m probably harshly judging love, because of how much better he has been.
Defensively the Cavs starters are just not interested. They have the points to keep up with any team, if the shots go down. If not, they can’t get any stops.

Today when they were behind the shot selection was just dreadful.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I’m surprised with that, but they have fallen off a bit this year. He did a good with them over the last 2 seasons.
I was thinking the same thing - Pulled the trigger quite early on - But, given the talent they have, they just weren't being utilised by the offensive schemes Kidd was playing - It'll probably be a good move for the Bucks in the long run

shiznit

Coach
The stories coming out of the Cavs are getting crazier and crazier at the moment...

The locker room turning on Love... :joy::joy:

I think people kinda need to take be abit careful on jumping on the Cavs after that OKC loss.

OKC are pretty f**king good when they click on all cylinders.

As I said earlier... with the defence they have and the offensive talent they have they are a nightmare matchup.

They lack serious depth which hurts them in the regular season.

But as they get to the playoffs the rotations get tighter and your starting 5 will play most of the minutes... and they have a starting 5 which is almost Taylor made to handle GSW.

They are built to compete against the top teams... they just stink against teams they should beat.

But it’s no coincidence that they have played the Rockets, Warriors & Cavs once each this season... and they beat them all.

They also played Boston and were beating them by over 20 and ended up blowing it...

They are a f**king dangerous team IMO....