What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nick not quite at that next level at this stage but he isn't far off.....

Dimitrov was stronger and made less errors on the bigger points....

Nick should go well at Wimbledon too.....

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tough tight match, Nick didn't serve great in the tie breaks unfortunately, and Dimitrov took his chances.

Valheru

Coach
Nick played well, just got a bit tight in the key points in the tie break.

His post match presser showed good signs. He said this time last year he had no idea what he was going to do next, now he has a clear direction and plan in mind for the next part of the season.

He is a massive chance to be in that top 10 by the French Open. Clay isn't his thing but the seeding could be important at Wimbledon.

Smack

Coach
He had a good match aside from his service game. He will get better as time goes on, it was a good match.

kbw

Bench
I confess I really don't enjoy watching tennis on TV, the wife gets control :).
Infact at times I hate it. But tonight the young korean kid was something else. Sure it was good because he beat a huge dickhead, but his athleticism and the way he played I did enjoy it

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a win for Chung against an underdone Novak....

I'm expecting this for the semi's:

Nadal v Dimitrov

Federer v Chung

some11

Referee
Had a shower and the match is over with Nadal retired hurt wtf?

If Fed doesnt make the final that's a bit of a blow for the organisers and ch7.

Apey

Staff member
f**k I hate following Nadal sometimes... Retiring hurt is better than watching him lose in the final again, though.

Danish

Referee
Nadal and Feds never retire hurt, so you know there must be something seriously wrong with Rafa to go off like he did.

Shame. Was hoping for another Feds vs Nadal final

Feds will surely piss it in from here?

Wizardman

First Grade
Fed will handle Berdych, Cilic and Edmund pretty easily. He should beat Chung but he is looking like a very tough nut to crack....looks the form player this open.

Clifferd

Coach
Chung is scary good. Hopefully he is consistent and this isn’t a one off.

You can sense he could pull off an upset and win the whole thing

Wizardman

First Grade
Brilliant by Fed.....

What a match it'll be against Chung....
To me, this match decides who will win it. Fed should win it....but Chung is playing out of his mind tennis. Im certain Chung won't sustain this same form all year...but will be dangerous for Federer.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Federer will devour Chung's serve.

And they've never played in which case Chung has no idea what it's like to play an all court genius who can beat you in many ways.

But it's the serve where it'll be won. Fed breaks Chung at least once every set so I just can't see the Korean winning.

That being said I'm a huge fan of his. Once he improves his serve he'll be very hard to beat and with his mental strength I think he'll win multiple grand slams.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Also Berdych was playing peak tennis for two sets last night. But instead of breaking Fed it brought out Jesus Fed.

It was phenomenal tennis and now only peaking USO '14 Cilic can stop Fed imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
To me, this match decides who will win it. Fed should win it....but Chung is playing out of his mind tennis. Im certain Chung won't sustain this same form all year...but will be dangerous for Federer.
The way this tournament has gone I wouldn't count out Cilic yet.....

I wouldn't be shocked if Chung takes a set off Federer either...