What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

horrie hastings

First Grade
Is there anyone who doesn't enjoy seeing Rodger win?

Always enjoy watching Federer win but when it was going into that 5th set I was going for Cilic, he could have been up 2-0 in the 5th set but the class of Federer on the big points had Federer going up 2 -0 instead then taking complete control from there. That was a great final to watch like last nights women’s final. Great to see Ashley Cooper presenting the trophies too.

Tommy Smith

Referee
He's a champion tennis player and yet, somehow, he might even be a better bloke.

So much love for this legend.

Truly the greatest sportsman of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Clifferd

Coach
He's a champion tennis player and yet, somehow, he might even be a better bloke.

So much love for this legend.

Truly the greatest sportsman of all time. OF ALL TIME!

He’s up there 100%, it’s between Phelps, Bolt and Federer

I think I’d roll with the Fed because he’s consistently been up the top for so long. But then again it’s hard to see anyone matching Bolts world records in sprinting

LatK7

First Grade
Astonishing, yet again.

20 slams & defended the AO title at 36 years of age. He is the greatest sportsman I've seen.

Rabbits20

Immortal
He will go in favourite for Wimbledon for sure....

No doubt we could see him get 21 before he retires...

@Tommy Smith you would think he still has 2 years left in him....

Then I think he will want to focus on his family life.....

Maybe at the latest after 2020 Wimbledon if his body holds up he will call it quits then...

At the earliest I'd say after 2019 Wimbledon....

Wizardman

First Grade
I hope he is not tempted to try the French Open with the injuries around him. Rest up after Indian Wells/Miami and play again on the grass.

A 36 year old playing at the top of his game. Players his age either don't exist or are meant to be on the wane. Amazing sportsman.

LatK7

First Grade
I hope he is not tempted to try the French Open with the injuries around him. Rest up after Indian Wells/Miami and play again on the grass.

A 36 year old playing at the top of his game. Players his age either don't exist or are meant to be on the wane. Amazing sportsman.

I don't think he'll bother with clay ever again. It will ruin his chances at Wimbledon. He timed his run perfectly last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if he lightens the load again this year particularly following Wimbledon. He's a huge chance at the USO, but it's difficult to be physically up to scratch at that stage of the season for someone at his age. Maybe just stick to Cincinnati as the only lead in. He's at the point where he can sacrifice points/ranking to be a chance in the majors. That said, he's very close to #1...could even clinch it in the coming weeks. Crazy.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Moral of the story: cherish every single tournament he plays because his schedule is so light that there won't be too many left.

I could live to 100 and will likely never see a sportsman as majestic as this man again.

Reactions: JJ

Danish

Referee
Besides the pleasure of seeing another Feds victory, the aussie open also showed us how great womens tennis will become again once Darth Serena retires.

Can't wait to see the back of her. She is the absolute anti-thesis of Federer when it comes to class and sportsmanship.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great effort in Davis Cup form De Minaur going down in 5 sets to Zverev...

Didn't watch it but it's 1-1.

abpanther

Staff member
Besides the pleasure of seeing another Feds victory, the aussie open also showed us how great womens tennis will become again once Darth Serena retires.

Can't wait to see the back of her. She is the absolute anti-thesis of Federer when it comes to class and sportsmanship.

Did you see her interview the other day at Indian Wells?

Latest posts