What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another forum has reported Suli has been released to the Dogs

super_coach

First Grade
Not sure of the validity, bur the drunk Rothfield has just tweeted that we have released Suli to the Dogs. Maybe the worlds longest ankle injury has something more sinister connected to it!!

I really thought we had a gun in the making and to release him to the Dogs is a double blow. Anyway I guess it frees up cap space for no 29 and 30 now. I am amazed how the Dogs find room for him after being in a black hole with their cap

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Tigers release Moses Suli

Wests Tigers has released Moses Suli effective immediately with the support and understanding of his manager Mario Tartak.

CEO Justin Pascoe said it was a difficult decision but is satisfied it is the right one for the club.
“Moses is an exceptionally talented player. That’s why over the last 12 months our coaching and personal development staff have dedicated so much time and energy in supporting Moses with his challenges, both on and off the field.”

Wests Tigers has been working closely with Moses’ manager Mario Tartak to reach today’s resolution.

Mr Tartak said, “While it’s always disappointing to see player part ways with a club, the Wests Tigers have been completely transparent, professional and empathetic throughout this process.”

Mr Pascoe said the decision was not made lightly and is about putting the club first.

“We are working really hard both on and off the field to build something special here at Wests Tigers. That includes building a culture and set of standards that cannot be compromised.

Mr Pascoe said that while this has been a challenging period for the 19-year-old, his on field contribution will always be valued at the club and Wests Tigers wishes him the best of luck in the future.

“I am sure If he’s willing to take responsibility, be a team player and commit to the demands of being a professional athlete he has the potential to have a successful career in rugby league.”

super_coach

First Grade
Sad, the kid could have been a real goer. They obviously tried hard to get him focused,but at the end of the day you have to draw in line in the sand. It certainly sends a clear message to the playing group

Front-Rower

First Grade
“I am sure If he’s willing to take responsibility, be a team player and commit to the demands of being a professional athlete he has the potential to have a successful career in rugby league.”

Sounds like he threw his toys out of the bus. If I'm right, I'm glad we have taken this action. And in fairness it was Taylor who signed him up on big coin without even playing a first grade game so take from it what you will.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah by the sounds of it his attitude wasn’t up to scratch and I’m glad the club took a stance.

Real shame because the kid showed promise but atleast that ends the 7 month ankle injury mystery

philgood

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/31/why-moses-suli-was-cut-by-the-wests-tigers/

Why Moses Suli was cut by the Wests Tigers

The Wests Tigers know they could one day rue the decision to release Moses Suli, but the club didn’t want to jeopardise the culture being developed under coach Ivan Cleary.

The decision by the Tigers to release Suli to the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs on Wednesday didn’t happen overnight. It’s been six months in the making.

Based on talent alone, many will question how the Wests Tigers could justify parting ways with the teenage prodigy.

But this wasn’t a decision based on talent. According to the Tigers, it was a decision based on the player's attitude. It was a decision based on a lack of regard for the selflessness and standards the team is trying to create.

Since Suli suffered a season-ending ankle injury just 16 games into his rookie year, the club believed his motivation wavered.

Cleary and football manager Kelly Egan had several conversations with the teenager, trying to understand why he didn't appear interested in capitalising on his talent.

Club officials visited his family home. They spoke to his mother. They spoke to his brother. They offered to support him in a new environment away from the comfort of the family home.

They spoke with the Rugby League Players' Association and held several meetings with his manager, Mario Tartak.

The Tigers believe they did everything possible to avoid the events that have now unfolded.

He has put on almost 15 kilograms from last season and the coaching staff grew tired of not getting the same output that the rest of his teammates were contributing.

On one occasion, Suli arrived at training after being picked up by a teammate for a 7am session, only to enter the club’s Concord headquarters at 10am having slept for three hours in the car.

Some wanted him gone before Christmas. Others wanted the club to persevere with him in the hope they could find the trigger that would ignite his career.

However, it never came.

The Bulldogs have been aware of the Tigers’ frustration for some time. Their recruitment manager Warren McDonnell, when he was at the Wests Tigers, discovered Suli.

He’s a big reason why Suli chose to join the Bulldogs in a revamped backline headlined by the shift of Moses Mbye to fullback.

The Dogs are hopeful a change of scenery will bring out the best in him.

They know they have signed a player capable of special things, and they will hope he can fulfil his enormous potential.

Das Hassler

Bench
I was gping to say a little while back that Suli may end up our Tony Williams...talent and all i never saw him get out of second gear....should be a good fit at the dogs....perhaps Hoppa and Woodsy can spark him up.

please someone tell me we are not paying a portion of his salary for the next 3 years.

how the f**k can the dogs afford anyone? They were well over the cap a couple of months ago

BrotherJim05

Bench
Suli was on 350k a year, plus I believe we have roughly 400k left in our cap? Front load the shit out of players salary and go hard in the market for 2019

macnaz

Staff member
When did our super captain sign with the dogs ?? Was Suli another buddy he tried to take over there ?

macnaz

Staff member
The strange thing is he seemed to be a very level headed bloke ... did he just chuck another Shitzel Poses to get his way out ?