What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time visit: Where to park in Wollongong?

Coparugby

Juniors
Hello,

I’m looking for some advice. I’m visiting Wollongong for the Super League game and my wife says she has booked accommodation around 30 minutes to the South (I forget the name of the place). We will have kids with us too.

Where is the best place to park when we head in for the game? We’ll probably arrive early so we can look around and the kids may want a swim.

I’d prefer suggestions where finding a place to park is likely.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Cheers

Me

Gareth67

First Grade
Hello,

I’m looking for some advice. I’m visiting Wollongong for the Super League game and my wife says she has booked accommodation around 30 minutes to the South (I forget the name of the place). We will have kids with us too.

Where is the best place to park when we head in for the game? We’ll probably arrive early so we can look around and the kids may want a swim.

Cheers

Me

Coparugby , I do hope that you and the family have a pleasant stay down at the ' Gong and as said by dragonsammy 61 the buses and trains may be your best bet . I would also be having a chat to the people where your staying , as there is a good chance that they may be of assistance.

watatank

Coach
Sounds like you have got accomodation at Kiama or Gerringong.

If you're heading in early you should be able to scope out parking near WIN stadium anyway, either at/near the beach or nearby parks. There should even be street parking around a reasonable walking distance away. WIN Stadium is next to a beach btw. I'd imagine it would be easier than most days because you won't have Hawks (basketball) crowds to compete with.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Hello,

Cheers

Me

Coparugby, Basically no car park nearby although you could pay to park in the Woolworths car park and walk about 10 to the stadium. The walk from Wollongong Station to the Stadium is about 15-20 minutes. There is a rail car park on the west side of the station. There may be buses to the stadium from the east side of the station. There is also a free bus service that runs down the Main Street, Crown Street, and would get you close to the stadium. You might get a park in streets closer to the stadium but you will probably have to walk at least 10 mins to the Stadium. Alternatively if you do extend the kids' fun with a swim at North Wollongong or City Beach, or at the 2 ocean swimming pools between them you could leave the car at the beachside parking areas. Depending on which beach the walk along the beachfront to the stadium would be 10-15 minutes. So whatever option, some walking is highly likely. Hope this helps!

Old Timer

Coach
Hello,

Cheers

Me
Google "parking near Win stadium" and it will give you a map of paid car parks near the ground of which there are a few.
I would also suggest you ring the club and see if they have any pre paid parking available & I know that they do have some as they also cater for invalid parking.

Crush

Coach
Are you talking about the Dragons VS Hull game? I think that it is being played at ANZ stadium which is in Sydney Olympic Park.