What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachy now gone???

Port Panther

Juniors
WOW......wonder besides Brennan who the cancer is at Penrith , stick a fork in them for this year their done .

Copperhead

Juniors
WOW......wonder besides Brennan who the cancer is at Penrith , stick a fork in them for this year their done .

With the Moylan thing delt with early, not too many injuries and their respective surgeries, I was looking forward to a productive off season and a solid start to the year for a change. guess that was asking too much.

Would love to know what the players (that haven't abandoned ship yet) are thinking about this. Moral must be at an all time high.

The peachey rumour has been around for at least two weeks but as far as I know we knocked back him leaving this year but will let him go in 2019

Kilkenny

Coach
The language from the club around Peachy's situation has been far from convincing.

I suspect he will be on the plane with Bryce and joining him in there first training session next week sometime.

"Can I get my money back"

Jokes aside even the most positive person has to be a little concerned as far as possible premiership success goes.
Usually clubs that have really good years have the least disruptive seasons and pre seasons.
We haven't even kicked a ball yet and the signs are not good

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/02/06/gould-addresses-peachey-speculation/

Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM has provided some clarification on Tyrone Peachey's future with the club.

Speaking on The Rush Hour with MG on Tuesday, Gould confirmed Gold Coast Titans had recently made Peachey an offer which Panthers would be unable to match in financial terms.

The 26-year-old utility is currently contracted to Panthers until the end of 2019 however Gould said the club would not deny Peachey the chance to take up the lucrative deal in Queensland next year.

"Tyrone is currently considering quite a nice offer from the Gold Coast Titans for 2019 and beyond," Gould said.

"We certainly couldn't pay that (amount of) money but he deserves it and his form warrants it.

"From 2020 onwards a deal like that might not be available to him so it would be very unfair for us to hold him to the final year of his contract (with Panthers) if in fact he had such a great offer and a great opportunity.

"I'm not sure he's made a final decision (but) he's very close to making a final decision."

Gould further clarified that speculation that Peachey had requested an immediate release from Panthers was wide of the mark.

"Any discussions we've had with Tyrone have been about 2019 and beyond," Gould said.

"He doesn't particularly want to leave the club but he understands the opportunity and the financial benefits of it.

"At all times he's been very committed about staying in 2018. In fact I watched their training session this afternoon and you wouldn't have seen a happier player out there training with the side."