What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

strider

Post Whore
And now for the time honoured USA tradition of vandalising and looting the winning city ..... woooooo!!!

T.S Quint

Coach
Was a very entertaining game. Glad it came down to the wire, but I do wish there was some better defence played.
Can't agree with Hindy111 about this being best game ever. It was great, but I still think Pats win over the Seahawks 3 years ago was better (but that may just be my anti-Seattle bias coming through). I was glad a defensive play pretty much won them the game though.

Good on Philly. Been waiting a f**king long time for that, and to do it against the Pats in a game like that must have made it even sweeter.
Who would have thought last year that Nick Foles would be a Super Bowl MVP? My only question now is, who is he going to be playing for next season? Philly ain't getting rid of Wentz, and there are plenty of teams out there willing to fork out for a SB winning QB.

Kornstar

Coach
Was a very entertaining game. Glad it came down to the wire, but I do wish there was some better defence played.
Can't agree with Hindy111 about this being best game ever. It was great, but I still think Pats win over the Seahawks 3 years ago was better (but that may just be my anti-Seattle bias coming through). I was glad a defensive play pretty much won them the game though.

Good on Philly. Been waiting a f**king long time for that, and to do it against the Pats in a game like that must have made it even sweeter.
Who would have thought last year that Nick Foles would be a Super Bowl MVP? My only question now is, who is he going to be playing for next season? Philly ain't getting rid of Wentz, and there are plenty of teams out there willing to fork out for a SB winning QB.

Cousins and Foles will get to choose the team they go to now and get PAID!

Kornstar

Coach
Cleveland, Denver, Jets, Buffalo, Arizona...plenty of teams out there in need of a QB. Actually, Chiefs need one now too.

Yep, both of them available and signed will affect the draft too for those QB needy teams.

Chiefs drafted their QB last year in Patrick Mahomes.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yep, both of them available and signed will affect the draft too for those QB needy teams.

Chiefs drafted their QB last year in Patrick Mahomes.

Forgot about Mahomes.
Even still, a rookie ain't a SB winning QB. Might be worth having a chat with Foles just to see what he wants.

It's more than BA would do, FFS!

hindy111

Post Whore
Seatle bowl was also great as was the falcons won last year. The difference is the eagles played the patriots at own game. They beat them in a shoot out.

Another factor was in Falcons game they self destructed and threw game away while settle did the same not pounding it in with 4 plays and 1 yrd out. In a way both teams choked.

Phili played ball, took risks and said we aint scared of you Billicheick. They also come up big when behind. They went out and won the game. The previous to I mentioned I feel that it was two teams lost the Bowl they should of won.

hindy111

Post Whore
As far as Foles goes. He played out of world in last 2 games. But against Falcons it was 5 field goals and in regular season he was ordinary.
Phili may get offered a late 2nd or 3rd rnd pick. Foles has been around to long for coaches to know what he offers. He is a solid QB. But maybe not one to build a franchise around. I still think he remains a back up or a gap fill QB. Considering he was almost flushed put of the system id say he gets another 4 or 5 seasons in Nfl at 6-10mill which in many ways is quite a win for him.
His debut season for Phili was also incredible.

hindy111

Post Whore
Forgot about Mahomes.
Even still, a rookie ain't a SB winning QB. Might be worth having a chat with Foles just to see what he wants.

It's more than BA would do, FFS!

Cheifs went big to get Mahomes. Theyve sat him for a year and now his times come. Foles wouldn't be ahead of him or his development.
I still wont be suprised if Foles stayed. Wentz may miss first month.

T.S Quint

Coach
As far as Foles goes. He played out of world in last 2 games. But against Falcons it was 5 field goals and in regular season he was ordinary.
Phili may get offered a late 2nd or 3rd rnd pick. Foles has been around to long for coaches to know what he offers. He is a solid QB. But maybe not one to build a franchise around. I still think he remains a back up or a gap fill QB. Considering he was almost flushed put of the system id say he gets another 4 or 5 seasons in Nfl at 6-10mill which in many ways is quite a win for him.
His debut season for Phili was also incredible.

I think there are teams out there desperate enough to offer up a first rounder for him, maybe even a little extra as well. There is a major QB drought in the NFL, just not enough good ones to go around.
When you have Bryce Petty, Tyron Taylor and Deshone Kizer starting games you could see how someone would give away a top pick for a bloke who just won a Super Bowl, set records in said Super Bowl, and won the MVP in said SB.

Latest posts