What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Trial

Pedge1971

First Grade
Solid result. Not popping corks but relieved that we got through with (touch wood) no major injuries and a good hit out.

On track. Storms pack was pretty good and sounds like we held our own.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Rd 1.

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Tautau Moga
5. Nathan Ross
6. Connor Watson
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Slade Griffin
10. Herman Ese'ese
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Aidan Guerra (c)
13. Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Daniel Saifiti
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Jamie Buhrer (c)

I reckon Barnett may struggle to get a start early on considering he has only just started doing contact work.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I reckon Barnett may struggle to get a start early on considering he has only just started doing contact work.

I don't mind Barnett coming off the bench tbh, at least for the opening few games of the season. I don't think he should be playing big minutes, he seems to perform best with 40-45 mins game time, more than that and he gets a bit lazy and makes errors and concedes penalties.

Old dog

Juniors
Would not surprise if Barnett was not selected R1 due to injury recovery, at best think he will be on bench if fit and ready, no point in taking risks, is a long season. We have plenty of players that can fill void, Buhrer to 13, Fitzy and Guerra 2nd row

Hal Jordan

Juniors
No Smith, Slater or Addo-Carr, plus it only being a trial, tempers the result a bit

Good hit out though and nice to hear all the right noises regarding our new recruits

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
While I'm not reading much into the result it sounds like a lot of our key players had good games, Pearce & Ponga combined well for that try in the first half. Hopefully we see plenty more of that this season. Lots of pleasing signs, can't wait for the season to begin!

Latest posts