What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs Hull

LINESPEED

Juniors
And
As long as Benji, McCrone, Mitch Rein and Dugan aren't named
And Flo, Aitken & McDomald, Nichols, Allgood & Latimore!!
Let's get serious about the future??
Lafai ( Hasler's hospital pass to Mc Suckered) only just gets the nod - if he winks again after being stepped yet again ( in a feigned act of control) - I'll spew.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
That team is so random!
You don't think they will want to give their halves who have never played together a bit of a run?

Crush
I agree.
I think they will start with best 17 available.
Hopefully they will play the 40 minutes with the starting spine.
Dufty, widdop , hunt and McInnis.
Then in the second 40 give the rest of the squad and run.
We sould know by wednesday.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hopefully a strong lineup will be announced with , as already said by others , the spine getting to play some big minutes together. Here's hoping that Mr. Graham doesn't have any old scores to settle with the Hull players .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Firstly I think it had to be determined wether they will play 40 min halves or 20 min quarters considering it is still Feb and it is only a trial. The shape of the team will revolve around this IMO. Also what team Hull will field given they played yesterday and have to face a flight back to the UK and then a SL game soon after.
IMO there will be zero to glean out of this trial only a cobweb blow-out.
If it is quarters of 20 mins then I would expect to see our spine start a minimum of the first 2. After that, then the fringe players get a run.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Hopefully a strong lineup will be announced with , as already said by others , the spine getting to play some big minutes together. Here's hoping that Mr. Graham doesn't have any old scores to settle with the Hull players .
You mean here's hoping he does have some scores to settle should be fun two pommies going at it love it and Aitken being Scottish also would love it .....

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Firstly I think it had to be determined wether they will play 40 min halves or 20 min quarters considering it is still Feb and it is only a trial. The shape of the team will revolve around this IMO. Also what team Hull will field given they played yesterday and have to face a flight back to the UK and then a SL game soon after.
If it is quarters of 20 mins then I would expect to see our spine start a minimum of the first 2. After that, then the fringe players get a run.

Dragonslayer
As you say .
It will depend on the weather if a hot humid day 20 min quarters.
Which I think it will be

Gareth67

First Grade

Agree Dragonslayer , I was also expecting 20 min. quarters as the humidity will certainly sap the strength from the players . And should they have a 10 min. break for oranges that will give them a bit of a rest between quarters , allowing the players to give the match there all . I was also wondering if Millward attended last nights match , with an eye for possible future acquisitions ?

BennyV

Referee
Is this what you want or what you believe Mc Fookknuckle will pick?
Either which way it's pretty ridiculous and if it was to eventuate you may as well put your cue in the rack for 2018 because with this type of philosophy we are going absolutely nowhere.
Mickeylane prediction. Meaning it's more-than-likely that it wont be true.

mickeylane

Bench
That team is so random!
You don't think they will want to give their halves who have never played together a bit of a run?
I would love to see a full side picked but I'm guessing he will hold back till charity shield to pick his top team. I really can't see him risking Hunt or WIDDOP.. That's just my hunch.. It's all about the Broncos first round game and risking injury won't be on the agenda.. Hunt and Widdop have been training together 6 days a week for the last 4 weeks - no need to risk them beyond a half game against the rabbits.

Crush

Coach
I would love to see a full side picked but I'm guessing he will hold back till charity shield to pick his top team. I really can't see him risking Hunt or WIDDOP.. That's just my hunch.. It's all about the Broncos first round game and risking injury won't be on the agenda.. Hunt and Widdop have been training together 6 days a week for the last 4 weeks - no need to risk them beyond a half game against the rabbits.
Mate I don't think that they will take that approach.
Injuries can happen and will happen but you cannot wrap your best players in cotton wool for fear of them getting injured.
I think close to the best 13 will start and then all the other guys you said will get a run later in the game.
There is a difference between training together and playing together(I presume) so I think that Hunt and Widdop need some time even if it is only 40-50 mins each.

hazzbeen

Bench
Mate I don't think that they will take that approach.
Injuries can happen and will happen but you cannot wrap your best players in cotton wool for fear of them getting injured.
I think close to the best 13 will start and then all the other guys you said will get a run later in the game.
There is a difference between training together and playing together(I presume) so I think that Hunt and Widdop need some time even if it is only 40-50 mins each.
Let's all hope no injuries , the combinations all gel , as supporters we all deserve a big year 2018 and beyond . Let's hope this year is a sign of better things for all Coaches players and supporters .....

Old Timer

Coach
It's not my preference but Mcgregor would be foolish to risk Hunt and WIDDOP in this bullshit game.. Wait until Charity shield ...
"It's not your preference but Mc Gregor would be foolish to risk them"
By chance are you related to Rex Mossop or if not do you wear clogs because that is all double dutch mickeylane?

Old Timer

Coach
Let's lose the trial and play soft because it doesn't count for anything.
That certainly is the way to start the season off just like we finished last year FMD some people have to be kidding surely.
Best team for half the match and smash these blokes and make a statement.

kit66

Bench
That certainly is the way to start the season off just like we finished last year FMD some people have to be kidding surely.

I know what you're saying, these are definitely games you want to win but that's the problem for me in that these two games - Hull and CS are too high profile to be trial games. Because they're taken so seriously it may mean that our youngsters and fringe players get less or possibly no time to prove themselves and also creates a greater chance of injury. I'd prefer we play some actual trials in the old sense, games that aren't taken seriously for anything but testing players and new combinations. The CS at least should just be a regular season game like the Anzac clash. For the Hull / Wigan games I guess there's nowhere else to put them but I'd like to play at least one trial before going into a game against a full strength team ( not this year due to injuries ) that' is already well into their season and want to prove a point.
This article shows that the Poms certainly take these Club Challenge games very seriously...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ueless-for-dragons-clash-20180211-h0vwhj.html

LINESPEED

Juniors

Agree - as mid table contenders we'll need to hit the ground running to even reach those dizzy heights.
Full team for most of the game & mix & match the young guns!
Points at the start of the season are easier to come by than rounds 25&26 IMO

McMuddle's having brain fades right now with Tuesday's team sheet.
His dilemma (Again):
To Himself: "How do I justify including my favourites over the scintillating preseason form & speed of these irritating young guns - if only Bellamy would take Duff I could put Flo fullback & give Nichols his gig on the wing?"
Aloud: (screaming & throwing his bic at the goalposts): FMD Ben & Dean why won't the fans just leave us alone to fu*k this up quietly??

Last edited:

JDHD

Juniors
If our 2 biggest signings are not in the run out team for our 1st game of the year then someone needs to be shot.
They need to be sprinting onto that field in the Big Red V and making an instant statement to the fans even if they only stay for 20 minutes or so.
I'm f**king positive the fans don't want to see Allgood.

100%. You don't leave them out there too long, no need to risk injury during a trial, but they need to be out for at least 20 minutes.

Redhoopz

Juniors
All players need to be on deck as the team has to get into the habit of winning. We probably only have three matchwinners being Hunt, Vaughan and Widdop. The rest of of the team
apart from Frizell have been pretty ordinary. Hopefully things will change as all we have is the power game where the team runs out of steam after 30 minutes when the big gun forwards go off and the powder puffs come on.

I'd add De Belin to that list, had his best season last year. There's also some x factor this year with the likes of Dufty, Leilua, Lomax and co

Redhoopz

Juniors

I'd be more inclined to make a statement against the Broncos, in round one, rather than a game with zero value. Doesn't matter if we win by 1 or 30. Nobody will take notice or care of the result...it's just a trial that means nothing.

Latest posts