What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Mundine

Crush

Coach
Of course I am in favour of gay rights, I was out there rallying in Town Hall.
Yep, any argument against is always one of religious ideals or old school "traditional" values.
And believe me it is far more alarming when men like Abbott, who not long ago was our Prime Minister, didn't even have the balls to vote in the marriage equality ballot, even after 75% of his electorate voted yes. Cowards like him are the real danger.

However, let me just pick out a few quotes for you in relation to Mundine.

- “If we were to live in a society, just like in Aboriginal culture, that homosexuality is forbidden and you do it and the consequences are capital punishment or death, you think you are going to do it? Or think twice about doing it?”

- “Because they are pushing these gay rights so much in the Western world, the paedophiles out there want their rights,” he said. “Now they are going to claim to have rights. They want their rights just like the gay people want their rights.”

- “They are not going to be happy until they have primary school kids being gay,” he said when asked to clarify his views. “If you are going to be gay, do it behind closed doors, that is how it used to be.”

He is so backwards its ridiculous. My main argument in this is that the club should abandon this muppet. I feel like there's a line between being entitled to your opinion, and just being a hateful, uneducated waste of space.
Seeing these quotes in writing is even more damning. Comparing gay rights to paedophiles rights! ? WTF!?
You would think twice about being gay if there were capital punishment? WTF!?
Be gay behind closed doors! WTF!?
Its now legal to marry in a same sex relationship yet he says do it behind closed doors?
This guy is living in the 1960s.

ouryear

Juniors
Of course I am in favour of gay rights, I was out there rallying in Town Hall.
Yep, any argument against is always one of religious ideals or old school "traditional" values.
And believe me it is far more alarming when men like Abbott, who not long ago was our Prime Minister, didn't even have the balls to vote in the marriage equality ballot, even after 75% of his electorate voted yes. Cowards like him are the real danger.

However, let me just pick out a few quotes for you in relation to Mundine.

- “If we were to live in a society, just like in Aboriginal culture, that homosexuality is forbidden and you do it and the consequences are capital punishment or death, you think you are going to do it? Or think twice about doing it?”

- “Because they are pushing these gay rights so much in the Western world, the paedophiles out there want their rights,” he said. “Now they are going to claim to have rights. They want their rights just like the gay people want their rights.”

- “They are not going to be happy until they have primary school kids being gay,” he said when asked to clarify his views. “If you are going to be gay, do it behind closed doors, that is how it used to be.”

He is so backwards its ridiculous. My main argument in this is that the club should abandon this muppet. I feel like there's a line between being entitled to your opinion, and just being a hateful, uneducated waste of space.
You are definitely entitled to your views, however much over the top reaction it may be.

I rather focus on leaders of countries and some church leaders who state far dumber things than Mundine ever has.

Free speech is another swing in favour of choc, (unfortunately or not) depending on ones dislike for mundine.

I dislike Fred Nile and George Peel a hell of a lot more than Mundine.

Calm the farm I say

Seoul Dragon

Juniors
Without doubt had great talent and did some wonderful things in a dragons jersey.

I don't listen to what he says as it is almost 100% linked to self promotion .....

But he lost me forever with that non pass to Tracey........was in that corner and that is more than likely all it would have taken that day.

blacksafake

First Grade
I don't think many are disputing the penalty try, that was just the icing on the cake. Perfect end for Harrigan.

I look at the entire second half: Wishart having his head almost taken off by a Melbourne defender (no penalty), a forward pass try to Melbourne, and the way that Nikau kept interfering in the play-the-ball - how he wasn't penalised defies belief. That's just a few.

The Melbourne team that came out in the second half was a different team to the first half - on a number of levels. Harrigan gave them a bucket load of free reign, and Melbourne knew it.
Exactly Willow, especially the forward pass try from Nikau to Bawden?? it was a shocker & Harrigan was right there.There is no way he could have passed it back from the way he was standing as well as having his arms pinned to his body.Everyone only talks about the penalty try which was correct but never the other incidents especially Harrigan.

This Year?

Immortal
Without doubt had great talent and did some wonderful things in a dragons jersey.

I don't listen to what he says as it is almost 100% linked to self promotion .....

But he lost me forever with that non pass to Tracey........was in that corner and that is more than likely all it would have taken that day.

I will never forgive him for that.

ouryear

Juniors
I will never forgive him for that.
We scored another try within 6 minutes of the one Choc missed out on. Choc never cost us that game.

He had every right to go for the line like he did, if he had thrown a pass that was dropped......we would also be down his throat.

Mundine saw the line and went hard for it, of course he should have done exactly that.

That never cost us the game, we scored again a few minutes later anyway.

What cost us was we did not maintain the intensity. We slowed down. We started making errors, poor ball control, etc.

Watching the game, we should have won by 12 or more. We had Melbourne's measure for most of that game, how we lost it is a crying shame.

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
We scored a try with 6 minutes of the one we missed as choc didn't pass.

However, he had every right to go for the line like he did, if he had thrown a pass that was dropped we also would be down his throat.

He saw the line and went hard for it, of course he should have done exactly that.

What cost us was we did not maintain the intensity. We slowed down
Agree.
Wishart dropping the ball from the restart when talking it up field after the Dragons final try was the big moment as far as I'm concerned.
Melbourne scored in the next set of six as I recall.
CC

This Year?

Immortal
We scored another try within 6 minutes of the one Choc missed out on. Choc never cost us that game.

He had every right to go for the line like he did, if he had thrown a pass that was dropped......we would also be down his throat.

Mundine saw the line and went hard for it, of course he should have done exactly that.

What cost us was we did not maintain the intensity. We slowed down. We started making errors, poor ball control, etc.

Watching the game, we should have won by 12 or more. We had Melbourne's measure for most of that game, how we lost it is a crying shame.
fair point. thats how it goes whenever we lose we always blame every mistake as the catalyst for disaster

Mark D

Juniors

Some common sense prevails

epDragon62

First Grade
I used to defend Choc in many discussions. That time is over.

He has now shown how immature and mentally frail he really is in many regards.

Choc is devisive, arrogant and a very poor role model.

I am done with Choc. That doesn’t diminish the joy of having watched him play, nor do I blame him for 1999, even if that try that wasn’t would’ve made a win more likely.

Last edited:

ouryear

Juniors
I used to defend Choc in many discussions. That time is over.

He has now shown how immature and mentally frail he really is in many regards.

Choc is decisive, arrogant and a very poor role model.

I am done with Choc. That doesn’t diminish the joy of having watched him play, nor do I blame him for 1999, even if that try that wasn’t would’ve made a win more likely.

I understand your feelings, he is immature. I honestly think he suffers from an undiagnosed mental illness, this doesn't mean he is mental, but a bit like Trump, everything is about him.

They just don't fit in. An awkward life.

Latest posts