What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NCL to be televised

roughyedspud

Coach
Just noticed waterhead v st annes on May 5th..2 of Oldman's big 3 amateur clubs...hope the weather is nice cos there's waterhead park is a lovely place to play & watch RL in the sunshine..

Pommy

Coach
Championship& league one clubs really need to lobby the RFL to be released from the ridiculous sky contract..

Unfortunately I don’t see Sky giving yet it up. My guess is premier sport have already made a offer to Sky for the rights and probably been knocked back, this will have been their next best option.
The RFL need to make sure there’s assurances a set number of games will be broadcast next time or refuse to bundle them together.

roughyedspud

Coach
The championship & league 1 clubs need to take a leaf from the super league clubs playbook and seek to seize greater control of the commercial side of the 2 leagues..

At the min we are told by the RFL that "we've agreed a new TV deal for you..and...erm..but you'll never be on TV see us in 4 years...." yeah thanks...lol

Teddyboy

First Grade
Do NCL games play at a different time from the pro and semi pro games as it wouldn't make sense playing at the same time ?

Jack Deth

Juniors
Do NCL games play at a different time from the pro and semi pro games as it wouldn't make sense playing at the same time ?

Usually between 2pm and 3pm on a Saturday. However, i believe these televised games are going to be 4.30pm kickoffs.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Usually between 2pm and 3pm on a Saturday. However, i believe these televised games are going to be 4.30pm kickoffs.
I'm a great believer in that NCL and amateur players should be able to play the game and then be able to watch their favourite team be it SL or Championship teams be it at the ground or on TV in the club house ?